Woodson marked man by opposing QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
~TheJoker~ said:
Your articles made points for you and points for me. However, after watching his every move the last 11 years, I root for the guy. After seeing him attend one minicamp, you choose to dwell on any negativity you can find on the net.

Make it your life's goal to break him down. Just know I'll be here to defend him every time.

You still haven't told me why you're putting down a guy on your very own team, before you have even seen him play a down.

I am in no way NOT ROOTING for him but I will not ignore his past. The point of the original post is that teams are no longer afraid of the 2005-2006 Woodson like they were of the 2000 one.

Wilcots stated something that to me was obvious. If I had to throw at either Woodson or Harris I would definitely choose Woodson. You then chose to chime in with the IDEA of throwing in Woodson's direction is crazy.

He is not the same Woodson of 2000, Period. He is getting older and the failure to train and commit earlier in his career is starting to catch up with him. I also don't buy into his self promotion and can't stand a guy with only 17 career Interceptions stating he is the best in the league and falling asleep in film sessions.

It's time for him to commit to truly becoming one of the best in the league, instead of just spewing it out of his mouth. He is definitely an upgrade to our Defensive core but he can't just try to skate thru the rest of his career or he will not even be remembered in a decade or so. I question his work ethic as have NUMEROUS teammates, coaches and fans.

Maybe it's because I coach football and have seen this kind of stuff, albeit at a much different level. When you have the talent but can't put forth the effort in practice and commit to trying to improve it is selfish. All I know for sure is that if Woodson wants to be "the best in the game" he needs to prove it.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough, dude. I think you're skewing my points beyond the true meaning and vice versa. You think I mean one thing when I mean another, or you use one thing when I interpret it another way. It's your usual message board debate that got heated up becuz of strong personalities.

Do me a favor, though. When you see him out there hustling, causing havoc, making plays, regardless of if he did or didn't the past few years, hold up your beer and say "well g*ddamn, Joker wasn't off the mark after all", and we'll all be one happy family. If he looks rusty and consistently gets beat by receivers, then I'll shake your hand and bow out. What better way than to let his actions do the talking for us.

For the record, I'm honestly quite a laid back kind of cat. Woodson battles just twinge the nerves.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does it get any more boring than this?

I would say...... no.
ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
thetombradyhater said:
Jeez Joker your hrsh and BTW Woodson is not as good as you try make him seem

I have seen many mancrushes on this board but Jokers love affair with Woodson could take the cake.

Joker stated Woodson was not a "Verbal Leader" but the truth is he is not a leader in any sense. Showing up late on a regular basis and not working out in the off-season is not leadership.

Furthermore, Overhyped is NOT something the media has created. It was said by his former teammates, Opposing players,Raiders coaching personel, and numerous Coordinators around the league.

As far as other players sticking up for Woodson, this is something you must have fabricated. Though a few players had a problem with Callahan, noone sided with Woodson publically and Woodson got mad. In fact he was singled out by a few players as a complete *******.

I don't have to love him to support him. I am glad that you are so simple-minded but I am not. My honest opinion of Woodson is he is a loud-mouth player who tries to throw out boatloads of "self-promotion" in hopes that people will believe it. He is a loner, who was not popular with his old teammates. His stats have steadily declined over the last few years and he can't stay on the field due to injuries. That being said if he can come in and produce, I will support him and do so objectively, unlike you, who tries to defend the 2000 Charles Woodson instead of the 2005 guy.

Defend being late constantly, defend not working out in any off-season BESIDES his contract year. Defend the fact that he has been publically singled out by teammates. Truth is there is no defense or legit reasoning for stuff like that.

Hey Tromadz,

If this analyzation of Woodson is accurate, I bet Carroll has a hell of a shot of beating him out wouldn't you think?

Yep, I am, and always have been in support of putting the best players on the field at all times....even if it is ahmad carroll. But if it IS AC....GULP!

I am sure Woodson will do ok...I hope!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
~TheJoker~ said:
Wrong. I am not a fan with blinding loyalty. I actually know many of his faults, stuff y'all don't even know yet. If you'd like to know, just ask.

You've done a great job of backing up my point. All you've done is prove you have what pyledriver said a "man crushâ€

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
RP I would like to hear from you. While playing CB, did you notice any shortcomings on Woodson?

Yes I did see some short comings.

The short comings were he never got a chance to make interceptions, knock downs, and stats that he could have racked up, and some people in this thread are using those lack of INT's and knock downs against him.

The fact is, the reason he did not have the eyebrow raising stats is teams were too scared to throw the ball in his direction and he was all over the reciever like cheap after-shave all over a kid at a high school prom.

Typical Packer Fans *****ing and looking at the dark side of the moon is the way I see some of the posts here.

RP

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald Driver (on packers.com video section) said that Woodson is Woodson, and can still cover people, and hasn't lost a step.

So...thats good enough for me for now!

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
[quote="all about da packers":34gom5l9]RP I would like to hear from you. While playing CB, did you notice any shortcomings on Woodson?

Yes I did see some short comings.

The short comings were he never got a chance to make interceptions, knock downs, and stats that he could have racked up, and some people in this thread are using those lack of INT's and knock downs against him.

The fact is, the reason he did not have the eyebrow raising stats is teams were too scared to throw the ball in his direction and he was all over the reciever like cheap after-shave all over a kid at a high school prom.

Typical Packer Fans ****** and looking at the dark side of the moon is the way I see some of the posts here.

RP[/quote:34gom5l9]

Pssst, there's no room for rational posts in here, Raider. I mean, who here would listen to a Raider fan about Charles Woodson of all people? Just doesn't make sense, my friend. Packer fans know Charles, not Raider fans. So please, if you would, join the others on the Woodson-is-a-half-corner bandwagon. Apparently there is plenty of room.

And about the Driver comment? Come on tromadz, who wants to hear about the current Charles Woodson when everyone is chomping at the bit to talk about his injured years?

Any more sense and people will start siding with the Joker, and this board WILL NOT TOLERATE SUCH BEHAVIOR.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:) Nah, I'm cool now. I intended for the last comment to drip with sarcasm, not anger.

Anybody wanna save these arguments for the season and just hit the bar for now? *

(Note for the slow---this is called an indirect truce, so as not to ruffle anybody else's feathers, especially considering it's gotten a wee bit out of hand. *)

* = Edited by AADP - These comments are VERY innapropriate for this thread. To post such comments, please proceed to the Smack area. Such inappropriate comments will not be tolerated in the future.

Reaction score
RP, thanks for the info. I look forward to seeing Woodson in action.

This thread has really become a high tension war zone. Please don't attack or go after fellow members in a manner that is childish in the future. Also keep all threads not in Smack area filled with CLEAN content.

Thank You joker, it was very big of you to offer peace. However I should not have let this thread go for so long and let tensions go so high.

*Locked*

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts