Woodson interview

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Man...I have to admit that I wasn't enamored with the signing of Woodson...and I have to admit in the same breath that I was a complete and utter moron. Seemed everything you read about Woodson revolved around a questionable personality and/or attitude and/or work ethic, and/or tendency toward injury.... I figured that every other personnel guy in the NFL couldn't be wrong. I finally rationalized it down to the possibility that he'd be able to overcome the chronic injuries and be 'serviceable' at a high price.

Yeah... what a f'n dummy, huh? The guy has been a class act from day 'one' and has proven himself to be a good man all the way around AND could still play at a Hall of Fame caliber.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man...I have to admit that I wasn't enamored with the signing of Woodson....
What's funny about that is Teddy didn't initially want Woodson either.
Teddy had the big *** of money he almost had to spend on a FA in that off-season, and Teddy decided LB Lavar Arrington was the guy he wanted.
Lavar used Teddy to up the money as high as possible, then took less to sign with the Giants as the big ego wanted to stay in the NFC East. http://voices.yahoo.com/lavar-arrington-prime-example-dangers-free-207911.html

So Thompson moved on to Woodson for his big stash of money, and the lucky thing for us was that no other team in the NFL felt Charles was still worth anything as an NFL CB, so even though Woodson did NOT want to come to Green Bay, he had no alternatives as a CB.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah... what a f'n dummy, huh? The guy has been a class act from day 'one' and has proven himself to be a good man all the way around AND could still play at a Hall of Fame caliber.

unfortunately this is not true - as when he arrived in Green Bay he occasionally got in altercations with coaches and fellow players. I think he has matured tremendously in recent years and I couldn't be happier that he is on the team.

Members online

Latest posts