1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

woodson in the ring of honor?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 21dmvp21, Sep 10, 2010.

1. 21dmvp21

21dmvp21 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    what do you guys think, i mean if we win a superbowl this year or next i would deffinatly look at woodson as a key player in getting us there. he has had a stellar career as a raider and especially as a packer. do you think he will be one of the few names up there someday??

2. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    I dunno thats an interesting thought. I think if he continues his high level playing for 2 or 3 years and wins a superbowl with us. I would think he could make it up there. I just dont know though

3. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    If he wins a Superbowl with us I dont see why he shouldnt be in the ring of honour

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Yes. But if I could put any current packer in it would be DD

5. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +487
    ^Agreed... DD all day

6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I dunno what the criteria is, but if he meets it, why not?
    Would they put BrINT Fail in there even though he is a traitor?

7. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    BrINT Fail is probably gonna be one of the hardest calls to make for it. But I would support DD, then Woodson. DD is one of the unsung heros of the Packers.

8. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    +1 For DD. He never gets the credit he deserves. No WR in the NFL does what he does every day on the field without griping about their contract or role on the team. DD is a class act.

9. TampaPacMan

TampaPacMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    The ring of honor at Lambeau is reserved for Packers players who are in the NFL HOF. If Woodson is inducted into the HOF, his name will be added to this illustrious list.

10. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    I would agree I would add DD

11. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Ron Wolf made it into the Ring of Honor without being in the NFL HOF.

DD is to me the picture of what a Packer player should be. Dude just goes out and give 100% every game without complaining for 1 second about wanting more money, or more recognition. He plays with a smile on his face and loves every second of being part of the Green Bay Packers (unlike another famous ex Packer player). I'll take a Donald Driver over a Randy Moss, or T.O. any day of the week. Love Jennings too but he doesn't have the history yet.

Does breaking a team record during your career justify being in the Ring of Honor which to me is even above and beyond the Packer Hall of Fame. I dunno. The Ring of Honor probably should be for guys on winning SB teams imo. However, if there was one Packer player I would put up there who hasn't won a SB, it would be Donald Driver.

If we throw up every guy who breaks teams records, even if they are really nice guys like Donald Driver, we'll run out of space fast up there and it kind of takes away from the guys who won multiple championships up there now.

Farve will be up there cause he'll be in the HOF, although it's kind of feels like putting up Benedict Arnold as one of the great American generals of all time. Just doesn't feel right to even think about that while he is wearing purple and literally out to wreck havoc on the GB organization. I wouldn't care if they never put him in the Ring of Honor cause he doesn't have any honor.

12. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Are their any other Packers in the ring of honor that were the Defensive Player of the Year?

13. TampaPacMan

TampaPacMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    If by ring of honor you mean the names engraved at Lambeau, Wolf's name is not listed there.

14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Yeah, the best defensive player the packers have ever had. :happy0005:

15. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    You dont have to be put in the hall of fame in order to be in the packers hall of fame. DD should be in the packers hall of fame no doubt. Woodson is a tougher call.

16. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    for the pro football hof or packers hof? I would say both are going to happen at some point.

17. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    3 stances.

The Packers HOF isn't that hard to make. Majkowski had one good season, and he's in.

The Ring of Honor is extremely hard to make. Only Canton HOF players are in it. The only exception is Ron Wolf.

And the jersey retired is the hardest achievement a Packers player can get. A LOT of people don't like the #92 retired, because Reggie spent most of his career as an Eagle, and they think that only players who spent all their career with the Packers should have their jersey retired.

I don't think neither DD nor Woodson will have their jersey retired. And to make the ring of honor, they'll have t win a SB.

18. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Yeah, Reggie White shouldn't have had his jersey retired. He didn't play his entire career as a Packer. That's just how I feel.

Packer hall of fame, I guess, but his best years where in Philly. He was good in GB, but he was a monster in Philly.

19. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Even thought he is a self serving douchebag, Burnt Fart will (and should) be in the ring.

If there are any rules about being the ring and the NFL HoF then they need to change them to put DD there. He is truly the greatest packer of my time. Yes, counting Reggie and Burt.

I hope DD and Wood can get a SB win(or 2..... ok 3) to there names and cement their legacy for all time!