Woodson gone to Tampa?

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN INSIDER RUMOR CENTRAL REPORTS:

Bucs optimistic about Woodson

<Apr. 6> The Bucs are in the midst of negotiations with Woodson and remain optimistic about landing the veteran cornerback, the Tampa Tribune reports. Tampa is banking on its status as a division champion and Woodson's familiarity with Jon Gruden and Bruce Allen to prove determining factors in his choosing between the Bucs and Packers.
"Charles wants to win, and that's the bottom line," said Woodson's representative, Carl Poston. "He went 12-0 his last year at Michigan and won a national championship. Now, he wants that Super Bowl ring and he wants to join a team that's committed to winning."

The Packers, who Woodson visited on Monday, remain interested and have more money to offer. Green Bay would keep Woodson at cornerback, while Tampa would likely move him to safety, but Poston suggested Woodson's role in the secondary wouldn't be a deal-breaker.

"I think it depends more on the system," he said. "Bruce told me a long time ago that Charles is such a phenomenal athlete, he could probably be the best free safety in the league if he wanted to."

Seattle has also been rumored to be a potential suitor. There are indications the unrestricted free agent may take his time before making a decision.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn that idiot TT!! He should have locked this guy up in the Lambeau dungeon and beat him into submission. How dare Woodson use his own free will to go somewhere else!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Luckily there are other options at CB. I would like to see them look at Plummer.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Boy that TT really knows how to woo them..now doesn't he..?

(But I guess some people would say this was Favre's fault...)

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well one more star in TT´s shining record !!!

He got the money, more than anyone, and the players keep going somewhere else..... Maybe we need top re-read this point :

"Charles wants to win, and that's the bottom line," said Woodson's representative

So it seems that everybody seems to be aware that GB will have some lossing seasons coming, maybe they should give TT a call and tell him about it !!!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tampa Bay has a history of very good defense and Green Bay doesn't. Tampa Bay did make the playoffs last year. I figured you people would find a way to blame Ted Thompson when it is out of his hands, same with the attempt to sign Vinateri. In this case anyway there are enough alternatives that it isn't too troublesome.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No ****, SuperRat. It is amazing that people cannot look at the differences between the two teams and realize that Tampa, right now, is more attractive than GB.

Tampa is a playoff caliber team with a history of EXCELLENT defenses. GB is not a playoff caliber team and has not been known recently for great defense. If you were Woodson, where might you want to play?

That some of you simply refuse to understand that money is not the ONLY issue is kinda amazing...but then again you would have paid a guard $7 million a year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
yeah, i think plummer would be a better fit than woodson.

I agree.

Even if we dont get plummer, there are still good options out there.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Tampa Bay has a history of very good defense and Green Bay doesn't. Tampa Bay did make the playoffs last year. I figured you people would find a way to blame Ted Thompson when it is out of his hands, same with the attempt to sign Vinateri. In this case anyway there are enough alternatives that it isn't too troublesome.

common sense isnt common with...certain people.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"It ain't easy..being Cheesey.."

(We should make T-Shirts...)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa lets start with the title of the actual article instead of the thread.

Bucs are confident. Green Bay was confident with Adam Vinetari.. and we didn't get him. He hasn't signed anywheres yet and if he does go elsewhere why is it Ted Thompson's fault? He's offering more than Tampa from numerous reports. So if he goes to Tampa it's because he wants to play for a winner, his old coach, and probably the location as well.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, if any of you happen to run into woodson, let him know that i'm willing to kick an extra 20 bucks into his bonus if he goes to GB.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
ESPN INSIDER RUMOR CENTRAL REPORTS:

Bucs optimistic about Woodson

<Apr. 6> The Bucs are in the midst of negotiations with Woodson and remain optimistic about landing the veteran cornerback, the Tampa Tribune reports. Tampa is banking on its status as a division champion and Woodson's familiarity with Jon Gruden and Bruce Allen to prove determining factors in his choosing between the Bucs and Packers.
"Charles wants to win, and that's the bottom line," said Woodson's representative, Carl Poston. "He went 12-0 his last year at Michigan and won a national championship. Now, he wants that Super Bowl ring and he wants to join a team that's committed to winning."

The Packers, who Woodson visited on Monday, remain interested and have more money to offer. Green Bay would keep Woodson at cornerback, while Tampa would likely move him to safety, but Poston suggested Woodson's role in the secondary wouldn't be a deal-breaker.

"I think it depends more on the system," he said. "Bruce told me a long time ago that Charles is such a phenomenal athlete, he could probably be the best free safety in the league if he wanted to."

Seattle has also been rumored to be a potential suitor. There are indications the unrestricted free agent may take his time before making a decision.
Thanks
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I don't see how this "report" is any different than the past freaking month, but thanks again for keeping us posted. :roll:

Oh, and they told me to stop posting Insider stuff.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks. for the record. i don't want you to stop posting insider stuff. PS. wasn't it a moderator that said to stop posting insider info, then say to totally disregard that post? you're doing a great service to us all.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
thanks. for the record. i don't want you to stop posting insider stuff. PS. wasn't it a moderator that said to stop posting insider info, then say to totally disregard that post? you're doing a great service to us all.

It was a regular poster who got bent out of shape before a moderator had the chance to.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Someone said the Bucs broke off talks with Woodson and won't offer him another contract, basically saying he takes what they offered him or he finds another team.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
do you think if we sign arrington AND woodson, we get a 10% discount and a 1 million dollar mail-in rebate?

If I was Ted Thompson (meaning very stingy with my cash) I would propose that in a serious fashion just to see of Poston's bite on it :)

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson is a great CB but i mean at age 29 or 30 or w/e he is i think he will only be on the decline. It's time for us to get young players for the future if we hope to rebuild. I would love for TT to trade javon for the bills CB clements, that would be awesome.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts