Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Raider Pride said:
jdlax said:
Awesome! :sad:

Awesome?

I am not sure what you mean by that.

Are you happy these players are possibly out? Do you like Woodson and feel he is not injured too bad?

I grew up in Burnaby, B.C. and graduated in Langley. In otherwords I know Burnaby.

I am thinking that perhaps you just got back from the Lougheed Hotel and were watching the stripers and drinking some beers, and just did not explain your thoughts so well.

By the way.... Head down to the Number Five Orange... Much better than the Lougheed and worth the drive.

Cheer's

R.P.

It was more of a sarcastic "I love when things go right!" kinda statement. The " :( " was the honest part of the post.

And when it comes to peelers, the rare time we'll go it's to Muggs and *****, down in New West. Can't beat how close it is! :mrgreen:

Muggs and *****?

That Kills me. You have to love a good Canadian Bar and a good Canadian beer, and a great Canadian attitude.

Go Lions! Go Canucks!

R.P.

I have to add that Cecils and a place called Drakes in Vancouver were top notch as well. The Canadians definitely get it right in this department. :twocents:

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think losman will have enough time to pick on whoever replaces woodson. if we were playing the eagles or colts we wouled be in some serious trouble. peyton would make schotty cry.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you think about it, woodson was playing hurt when he came back in the cardinals game. everyone said how woodson wasnt tough and would just sit and collect his money. i guess he kind of showed us somethin last sunday.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 things come to mind.

Woodson not playing would be a big blow to this team. He's been playing very solid so far and with Harris on the other side it gives us the freedom to go 1 on 1 all day long.

The other one. At least Ahmad Carroll isn't his replacement any longer. I rather go with Blackmon or Dendy.

Hopefully he practices Friday and plays Sunday but I doubt it.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson likely will sit out

By Rob Demovsky
[email protected]

Charles Woodson missed nearly the entire week of practice leading up to the Green Bay Packers' game at Miami two weeks ago and had one of his best performances of the season, but his situation this week might be more problematic.

The cornerback, who has had interceptions in each of the last two games, has a more serious leg injury than the one that kept him out until Friday of the Miami week. Woodson was hurt in the first quarter of Sunday's victory over the Arizona Cardinals and though he didn't miss a play, it was a scary-looking injury that Packers coach Mike McCarthy said could have been much worse.

McCarthy listed Woodson as doubtful on Wednesday's injury report, meaning there's at least a 75 percent chance Woodson won't play Sunday at Buffalo. The Packers are calling it a knee injury, which is what they said was wrong with Woodson leading up to Miami, but the more specific diagnosis at that time was a sore left quadriceps. Woodson was listed was questionable (50-50) leading up to the Dolphins' game and did some work in practice on the Friday before the game.

McCarthy especially has been vague about injuries and would say only that Woodson had "a bruise." Whether it's the same quadriceps injury as last time isn't known but when Woodson hobbled off the field against the Cardinals, he appeared to be holding the same left leg that bothered him two weeks ago when he missed all of the bye-week practices and the first three days of practice leading up to the Dolphins' game.

"We're going to rehab him probably all the way through Friday," McCarthy said after Wednesday's practice. "We're going to see how he feels Friday and make a decision to see if he'll practice on Friday. He's just really sore."

Nickel defensive back Patrick Dendy got most of the practice work in Woodson's place with the No. 1 defense, and rookie Will Blackmon, who played for the first time this season against Miami on Oct. 22, replaced Dendy in the nickel package. That's likely the way defensive coordinator Bob Sanders would go if Woodson doesn't play, but there's always the chance they could work seldom-used cornerback Jarrett Bush into the rotation.

"He's Superman; he'll show up," Blackmon said of Woodson. "That's what he does. He shows up, and he'll do his thing. You know he'll show up."

Woodson's contract calls for him to be paid a bonus of $37,500 for each game he's on the 45-man active game-day roster.

McCarthy all but ruled out Woodson as a punt returner even if he does play this week.

"We'll see how he is," McCarthy said, "but I'll probably caution against it if I had to make a decision today."

Receiver Shaun Bodiford, who was claimed on waivers from Detroit last week, likely would replace Woodson in that capacity. He returned one punt for 16 yards on the play immediately following Woodson's injury against the Cardinals.

The question is if you were hurt like woodson and that amount of money was up for grabs for 1 game would you give it your hardest to play. Woodson came back in againist the Cards after taking some medcine to reduce the pain so im not sure why he couldnt do the same this week. But if he is hurt that bad then it is best not to play him.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kind of afraid of having Dendy as a starting CB, he is even worse then Carrol, with one games worth of real experiance he will get torn apart, I hope Woodson makes a very fast recovery or Blackmon can play but even if he can I'm not sure were going to be able to stop the pass, even if it is Losman

What makes you think Dendy is worse than Carroll? Don't you remember all the penalties and all the plays we saw that big number 28 on the back of Carroll's jersey as he ran like hell after the receiver who had just got past him for a long reception, with Carroll not even having enough football sense to turn his head and look for the ball?

Dendy may be unproven, but Carroll was proven--in a bad way.

Still, Dendy or Blackmon are both a major step down from Wooodson, and the Bills will try to exploit either one of them if they are starting.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hpefully our D-line can take advantage of all the shuffling that's happening on the bills' offensive line. if our d-line get get pressure on Losman, we may not have to worry about dendy or blackmon.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, it's looking more and more like Woodson will not be playing this week. At least it's against the Bills, and Harris can shut down Evans.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read where both Woodson and Jennings have been upgraded and are likely to play Sunday. Woodson will not return punts though.

Sure hope they are ready to go.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read where both Woodson and Jennings have been upgraded and are likely to play Sunday. Woodson will not return punts though.

Sure hope they are ready to go.

Best News Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Latest posts