woodson broken collar bone

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Here I go, I'm going to get myself ready for a verbal *** whoop'n..........

His leadership, we will miss that and his recognizing certain plays....but.....

He has been dropping more potential INT's that he would have most certainly caught in years past. Like it or not, he has lost a step or two. I know he is a physical player, but he has been called for to much holding....why....it's that or either get burned on a play by a younger and faster WR.

We need to see what our young guys can do without a veteran leader out there. I know that we will step up and be just fine. I like woodson a lot, I'm not hating on the guy, just calling it like I see it.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Here I go, I'm going to get myself ready for a verbal *** whoop'n..........

His leadership, we will miss that and his recognizing certain plays....but.....

He has been dropping more potential INT's that he would have most certainly caught in years past. Like it or not, he has lost a step or two. I know he is a physical player, but he has been called for to much holding....why....it's that or either get burned on a play by a younger and faster WR.

We need to see what our young guys can do without a veteran leader out there. I know that we will step up and be just fine. I like woodson a lot, I'm not hating on the guy, just calling it like I see it.
Dont see why you`d get a verbal *** whooping mate, because what you say is the truth, but his leadership will be badly missed by the younger players. I dont suppose with his range of skills, Cobb fancies a try at Safety ???...lol

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Dont see why you`d get a verbal *** whooping mate, because what you say is the truth, but his leadership will be badly missed by the younger players. I dont suppose with his range of skills, Cobb fancies a try at Safety ???...lol
ha ha...good call....cobb the WR, cobb the RB, cobb the kick teturner, now Cobb the safety...why not? lol...

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will still bring his presence in the locker room, but this is next man up. GB did win a SB with an injury riddled squad. Time for McMillian to step up. I may have a bias but I think he can take over that role. This is his opportunity, bottom line. With Hayward's play lately as well and Shields coming back it may not be as bad as feared. It sucks no doubt but I think they will be fine. Just a change up to personnel, possibly scheming.

I think the bigger question is if this is the end of Woodson in a Packer uniform this year? He is due $10 M or something next year.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a good question. Never thought about his place on the squad in the future. Given the upcoming contracts that need to be signed - Rodgers, Claymaker, Raji... - it may be time to cut ties with Woodson, IF the young players show well while he's out. If the young guys do step up, it will certainly make this a bigger talker going forward.

And for the record, Woodson will make $6.5M as a base salary, with $2.5M roster bonuses and an extra $1M in per-game roster bonuses (whatever that means) for the next two years.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's too much for a 37 year old player when you need to lock up franchise players for the next 4-5 years. Realistically, Rodgers - Matthews - Raji will be about $25M on the cap, then throw in the possibility of Jennings and Finley's future (I hope not), I can't think of where they will have the room for guys like Lang Bulaga Sitton Hayward (future) Williams Bishop Cobb Nelson (will need a raise). It might be a good cap move to let him go unless he takes a paycut willingly.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^^That sure looks tempting to save that much cash for the team...wow. Would hate to lose his leadership, but you have to do what's best for the team.

I

^^That sure looks tempting to save that much cash for the team...wow. Would hate to lose his leadership, but you have to do what's best for the team.
I guess I don`t fully understand the workings of the NFL as much as you guys, but hell it almost sounds like Woodson is like a racehorse with a broken leg. No use anymore so shoot it. And that isn`t aimed personally Osh, just a general comment. Lets see what the medical staff say about him before we put him down.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ lol...your a funny man. No, we cant write him off, it's just that this happened in the end of the 2010 season too. It might become nagging after it has been broken twice now. Plus he is "old" in football years, and has lost a step or two in quickness. He is still keen and wise, and he will always be a packer in my book.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
^ lol...your a funny man. No, we cant write him off, it's just that this happened in the end of the 2010 season too. It might become nagging after it has been broken twice now.

On MNF they said it is the OTHER collar bone....Not one he broke in the SB

So which is it?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I found it..

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers23-q17ae54-175333021.html

On Monday the team announced that Woodson had suffered a broken left collarbone against the St. Louis Rams, the same injury that knocked him out of Super Bowl XLV and forced him to watch the second half with his arm in a sling. The injury isn't as "significant" as the previous one, according to coach Mike McCarthy, but it will sideline him for about six weeks.

BrettsFavor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What "Sky is falling in" posts ?
People are being realistically worried about the effect it will have on the squad....IMO

Frankly, the loss of the Bishop and/or Raji was bigger. Woodson has not been the impact player he once was.
Gotta get rid of the "stigma" of the past few years.

I

Frankly, the loss of the Bishop and/or Raji was bigger. Woodson has not been the impact player he once was.
Gotta get rid of the "stigma" of the past few years.
I respect what you are saying, and even agree with the point, but you cannot deny Woodsons spirit where the team is concerned ?. He has lost some pace, and I would even question moving to a more physical position given his earlier injury, and his presence steadies the "ship" considerably........IMHO

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not doom and gloom with him out of the lineup. The bottom line is Woodson is not the same player we've been accustomed to over these past seven years. He has 1 pick, 1 FF (not recovered b/c we somehow, inexplicably, have yet to recover a fumble), and 1.5 sacks. Even still, he hasn't passed the eye test much during the games. He's been called for more holdings and pass intereferences than ever before. I think much of that has to do with his slowing down game.

That was my thought. We are already doing without the CWood we have had in years past. Age catches up to everyone, even CWood. This year he seems to be making up for lack of speed with aggressive play, some of which is getting flagged. It will be good to have him on the sidelines at least. Besides his probowl level play, perhaps his biggest role has been as a team leader.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i can't believe i'm hearing some of this talk from some of you about letting him go. This guy is a playmaker and leader on the team. When we lost Collins the fact that he's good enough to slide over to safety saved us big time because we had no one...and i repeat no one who was ready to step in and play Safety without having a drop off at the spot like we had last year.

The fact Woodson plays allll over the field.... in the slot, a blitzer, calls coverages and is a huge impact in the locker room and some of you say he doesn't have the same impact as last year? Why? because he has just 1 int and no touchdowns? sounds like you all are spoiled if you ask me. It 's six games into the season people smh

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I am usually one of the pessimistic posters. However, in this case, I am seeing the positives of this unfortunate injury.
  • As many have already posted-- the Packers should be able to go 2-0 over the next three weeks without Woodson. If they don't, then they don't deserve to gain a playoff berth. So, the injury happened at a reasonably good time.
  • This gives us a great opportunity to test drive the Packer secondary of the future. The future simply has happened a bit faster than plan. Not only does it give these youngsters some excellent experience now, but also gives the Packer brass a good look at them and some intel on what gaps we might have going forward.
  • This will keep an aging Woodson fresher for the end of the season and (hopefully) the playoffs when we will need his leadership and instincts the most.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reminds me of a limerick I read once:
A doctor fell into a well
And broke his collar bone
The doctor should attend to the sick
And leave the well alone!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts