Woodson brings hope to Packers’ secondary

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
By Dylan B. Tomlinson
PackersNews.com

Al Harris overheard the question and couldn’t contain his excitement.

Charles Woodson was standing at his locker and holding court with a group of reporters when Harris overheard a question about what it would be like for the two cornerbacks to play together.

“We’re going to be bad as (expletive),â€

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
ME too, and for Woodson to say GB made him feel they wanted him sort of speaks volumes on how the staff there is...

Might have to make some sigs...

"Got Wood?"

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two telling tidbits...

... one hopeful, one not so:

When he was working out in Atlanta, Woodson frequently encountered Carroll. Carroll said the two spoke often. He said he was excited when the Packers signed Woodson, even though it meant he would lose his starting job.

“He actually told me he was going to sign with the Packers. I found out from him before I heard it from anyone else,â€

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
for Woodson to say GB made him feel they wanted him sort of speaks volumes on how the staff there is...

Might have to make some sigs...

"Got Wood?"

That is quite a coaching staff, saying that they wanted their players and all. I smell coach of the year award in Title town!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the coaching staff wants to make a statement they should cut Barry right now. The guy has been given a golden opportunity to earn a starting job in the NFL and he comes in 20 lbs overweight? What the F...? All these guys have to do is stay in shape in the offseason. It's not like they work a 9 to 5er in the offseason. No respect for themselves or the game.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, DePack...furthermore, Barry seemed like a one-trick-pony...the U71 package. We have enough average offensive linemen floating around camp taking up reps.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
“I’m only 22 and I have a chance to learn from two great players like Al and Charles,â€

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahmad has said\done 1 right thing in his entire career and people get all warm inside. Come on.

I hope its the begining of a Mature carroll, but lets not jump the gun just yet. He's under contract for a WHILE and I would love for him to become more mature,focused, and BETTER on the football field.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Ahmad has said\done 1 right thing in his entire career and people get all warm inside. Come on.

I hope its the begining of a Mature carroll, but lets not jump the gun just yet. He's under contract for a WHILE and I would love for him to become more mature,focused, and BETTER on the football field.

BS. The kid has hardly said the right thing. Read between the lines.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like what Carroll Said i think it will help him out a lot now he can take time to learn the right way with 2 years experience. He was thrown right into action to early.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
I really like what Carroll Said i think it will help him out a lot now he can take time to learn the right way with 2 years experience. He was thrown right into action to early.

Me too. He's always been "Gordon'ish" with his words, but these comments should be viewed differently. What makes me believe his words this time as opposed to the other times is he used to wear the guys jersey who subplanted him.

BIG DIFFERENCE
Thomas - punked out by a rookie
Woodson - was idolized by him

Hmmm which words hold ground.

“I’m only 22 and I have a chance to learn from two great players like Al and Charles,â€

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well whats he supposed to say? "I am better than Charles Woodson and I demand to start!" No. Even HE isnt that dumb. Hes gonna say the right things, play politics, and wait in the wings. If hes smart he'll work hard so he can start next year. I dont think GB wants to keep Woodson around for a long time, cuz that would be costly.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
well whats he supposed to say? "I am better than Charles Woodson and I demand to start!" No. Even HE isnt that dumb. Hes gonna say the right things, play politics, and wait in the wings. If hes smart he'll work hard so he can start next year. I dont think GB wants to keep Woodson around for a long time, cuz that would be costly.

Quit it already. You silliness is getting out of hand!

His comments are encourgaging for ANY Packer fan. Join the ship! ;)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

You mighta missed that.

All I am saying is...it looks good, and it sounds good...but don't let him into your heart. He'll break it! Like he did to me when I was pulling for him as a 1st round draft pick in his rookie year! I am a shell of the man I once was because of him! :cries:

but seriously...take it with a grain of salt for right now.

I wouldnt be surprised if we hear about a Carroll\Woodson fight in July.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
tromadz said:

You mighta missed that.

All I am saying is...it looks good, and it sounds good...but don't let him into your heart. He'll break it! Like he did to me when I was pulling for him as a 1st round draft pick in his rookie year! I am a shell of the man I once was because of him! :cries:

but seriously...take it with a grain of salt for right now.

I wouldnt be surprised if we hear about a Carroll\Woodson fight in July.

Stop reading TOO much into what I am saying bubba.

Point blank, his comments show he's more mature NOW than he was LAST year. That is encourgaging. Does it mean he's going to the freakin pro bowl, NO! But it gives atleast something POSITIVE about a guy who doesn't have many aside from his natural speed.

Again, STOP reading TOO much into what I am saying! ;)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
meh, whatever. politicians say the right things every day and lie.

its what you DO that makes you who you are.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
meh, whatever. politicians say the right things every day and lie.

its what you DO that makes you who you are.

What is your problem? Do you need a picture to understand what I am saying? Give your sad politician comments a rest! Whats next, you gonna claim freedom of speech?

More mature comments NOW than LAST year does NOT mean he's going to turn into a PRO BOWL PLAYER.

DO you got it now? jfc ...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nobody is talking about pro bowls...what are YOU talking about? who is saying pro bowl? put the drink down, zero.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
nobody is talking about pro bowls...what are YOU talking about? who is saying pro bowl? put the drink down, zero.

That's it!! You're gonna be BANNED for disagreeing!

I'm not drinking, its food. I'm eating spaghetti :)

Back to the topic.

Last year Ahmad was saying things like 'well if the coachs think 'INSERT NAME' is better than me, then play him'

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carrol's statements easily display a maturity that wasn't there last year. Zero's right. actions DO speak much louder than words. tromadz is right. all that was being said is that for all those who have been disappointed by carroll's actions, his recent statement offers a glimmer of hope for those who wish he'd grow up. nobody is saying anything about how he plays. the comment was about his attitude. we'll have to wait and see what transpires over the next few months (that is, we'll see if he is just trying to blow smoke up our *****). i hope his actions are in line with his recent words.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard the same stuff about Carroll last year. How he was ready to improve and ready to be the consenus starter at CB and have a solid year.

Then he got in a fight with Joey Thomas.
Then he was picking fights with the World Champs in Preseason
Then he was flagged for 8 or 9 illegal use of hands penalties..

I'm so happy we got Woodson. Now it's hard to find a weak spot in our secondary.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
I heard the same stuff about Carroll last year. How he was ready to improve and ready to be the consenus starter at CB and have a solid year.

Then he got in a fight with Joey Thomas.
Then he was picking fights with the World Champs in Preseason
Then he was flagged for 8 or 9 illegal use of hands penalties..

I'm so happy we got Woodson. Now it's hard to find a weak spot in our secondary.

I didn't say the same stuff last year. Last year I was begging for Hawkins/Thomas or someone to take his place.

All the comments state are with these comments it shows he's matured over last year.

He could still get into a fight.
He could still pick fights with players in preseason.
He could still get flagged nearly ten times.

I didn't say he turned into mother tresea. I said he's matured over last year. (Honestly, was it that hard?)

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts