Woodson back to his 2009 form?

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
From the looks of things it seems like Woodson is being just as dominant as he was in 2009 when he won DPOY. He had his best game against the Vikings on Monday night. The interception he had against the Lions on Thanksgiving was incredible.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dude is playing out of his mind. Could he be the first defensive back ever to win 2 DPOY awards?

Reaction score
He won't win simply because ware and Allen are playing out of their minds sack-wise. That trophy is for stats and Woodson will need around 5 more picks and another touchdown to be considered.

OP
OP
PackersDraft

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
He won't win simply because ware and Allen are playing out of their minds sack-wise. That trophy is for stats and Woodson will need around 5 more picks and another touchdown to be considered.
Well if he gets 5 more picks I would hope he wins it. The last person to get 11 picks in a season was Everson Walls 30 years ago. Not that it matters, but most of Allen's sacks have been garbage. Like the one on MNF when Rodgers dropped the ball and he fell on it so Jared touched him.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson is still amazing, but I dunno that he is quite at the 2009 level. That year was just ridiculous, he literally won games by himself.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I wonder how much longer we will have him and who will replace those talents. Williams may be the man but Wood's influcance on this team goes way beyond his skill. He has taught the young guns discipline, showed them how to study film and taught them the work ethic needed to become a champion. I don't know if you can replace a Charles Woodson.

Maybe TT goes and finds another great who is supposedly is at the end of his career and Big Mac breaks him and transforms him into a leader and mentor.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Woodson is a such a beast, I don't know where we'd be without him... his talents you don't see very often..

In the video up there watch at 1:00 he does that little ball flip that's awesome gotta find out how to GIF that.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
He likely will lose out on DPOY, but he definitely deserves it. And that's not homer bias talking. Seriously I don't know of a more versatile defensive weapon than Charles Woodson.

That interception of Stafford was straight beast. He just straight up stole that ball

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He likely will lose out on DPOY, but he definitely deserves it. And that's not homer bias talking. Seriously I don't know of a more versatile defensive weapon than Charles Woodson

Polamalu is only other one I can think of that plays all around like Wood, but haven't heard as much of him this year

Reaction score
Well if he gets 5 more picks I would hope he wins it. The last person to get 11 picks in a season was Everson Walls 30 years ago. Not that it matters, but most of Allen's sacks have been garbage. Like the one on MNF when Rodgers dropped the ball and he fell on it so Jared touched him.
True. If Woodson got 5 picks, he would be in the final 2 of DPOY honors. But just to let you know, at halftime of the MNF game, Allen was discredited for the first sack and it was counted as a run :)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
He likely will lose out on DPOY, but he definitely deserves it. And that's not homer bias talking. Seriously I don't know of a more versatile defensive weapon than Charles Woodson.

That interception of Stafford was straight beast. He just straight up stole that ball

That turnover was just sick. Sick. Thats the kind of stuff people should point to when they say the Packers D is weak. Thats game changing play making ability that not all teams have.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
The fact that Charles Woodson is playing at this level at 35 years old is even more of a testament to how great he is. Dude is timeless. He could have easily retired last season and been in Canton next year, but he came back from an injury and he's playing like he's 10 years younger than he is.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
He deserves DPOY but Allen will most likely get it even though the Queens are trash... Im just glad that CWood is ballin out of his mind and hasnt lost a step over his storied career...

OP
OP
PackersDraft

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
He deserves DPOY but Allen will most likely get it even though the Queens are trash... Im just glad that CWood is ballin out of his mind and hasnt lost a step over his storied career...
Will Jared Allen get it? Since 1993 only 3 players have gotten the award when their team didn't make the playoffs. Something to think about for sure. If the Cowboys make the playoffs and Ware has a strong end of the season, he could be big contender for the award.

If Woodson gets another pick 6 I think he has a chance. This would put him in a tie for the most pick 6's of all time.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was an awesome play,I think he deserves the award,and that is another reason we won that d-line all in all even when they give up yards,they don't give up at the end points allowed ok maybe chargers game will miss him when he retires at 50
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Dan115

Woodson is the leader of THE PACK. That wasn't just a INT on Thanksgiving he picked his pocket.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
He's a pro bowler, but I don't think he wins the Defensive MVP, because Ware and Jared Allen are racking up so many sacks this season, even last season Ware had a great year.

I still will argue Ed Reed should have won it over Troy Polomalu last year, but I think it comes down to the linebackers this season.

Woodson is older, but he's still got it in him, he's one of the best of all time. I want to see him take Rod Woodson's record on Pick 6's.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Some very good points in this thread. I don’t think Woodson is playing quite at his 2009 level but even getting close is amazing. IMO the free agent acquisition of Woodson is second only to the acquisition of Reggie White and that too, is saying A LOT. realcaliforniacheese is right, Woodson is so much more than “just” a great player, he’s elevated the play of the other DBs on the team, particularly the youngsters. One explanation of why Woodson isn’t at his ’09 level IMO is the play of the others on D affects how Capers can use Woodson. Williams’ injured shoulder and Shields not playing at his 2010 level at the start of this season meant Capers had to keep Woodson back in coverage more. The lack of a consistent pass rush also lessens Woodson’s impact. Even so, ‘time waits for no man’, including the remarkable Charles Woodson.

DPOY? Just like going 16-0 for me that’s not important: Consecutive Super Bowl titles is the prize!

BTW Southpaw, I agree with the sentiment but Woodson would have to wait 5 years to enter the HOF, like almost everyone else.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a pro bowler, but I don't think he wins the Defensive MVP, because Ware and Jared Allen are racking up so many sacks this season, even last season Ware had a great year.

I still will argue Ed Reed should have won it over Troy Polomalu last year, but I think it comes down to the linebackers this season.

Woodson is older, but he's still got it in him, he's one of the best of all time. I want to see him take Rod Woodson's record on Pick 6's.
if it wasn't for the missed games Reed would have.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson is opportunistic as ever but his coverage skills have declined greatly since 09. You can't match him up one on one with the other teams best WR anymore. Which is fine as he is still very useful in this defense. But DPOY? Not a chance.

Revis is having a pretty epic year if we are talking corners.

Members online

Latest posts