Wonderlic Tests for the Pack

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
I pulled this off someone's blog to post here.

From Ben Maller: The Packers are stupid. There's no other way to put it. They have the lowest average Wonderlic score of any of the 32 teams in the National Football League, according to the Wall Street Journal and the MILWAUKEE JOURNAL-SENTINEL.

The Wonderlic Personnel Test is a standardized 12-minute 50-question problem-solving exam used by the league to evaluate players. Thousands of other businesses use it to measure applicants.

The players on the Packers' roster have an average Wonderlic score of 19.1, according to the Journal. They were just edged by the Arizona Cardinals, who averaged 19.2 and have started the season just like the Packers, 0-3. The Journal said 19.1 is the typical score for "hospital orderlies."

The Packers have nine players on their roster who scored below 14 on the test. The best score is 50.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about the wonderlic score for all of us on this forum.

Take the test and be honest.

Set the clock for 5 minutes.

If you cheat you will only cheat yourself. Are we samrter? perhaps but could we run the 40 in the same time?

Here is the link below.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html

Link is in the line above.

RP

*edited by Arrow(i threw the url tags in there for you)

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got 12 out of 13 in the ones I answered. The two I didn't answer were #13 and #11, but I think I could have fit them in if a calculator was allowed. I didn't know if people subject to this test are allowed a calculator, so I just skipped those.

I was flat out wrong in thinking the hours of daylight and darkness in September nearest equal to the hours of daylight and darkness in November.

The choices in that particular question-1. June, 2. March, 3. May, 4. November

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
How about the wonderlic score for all of us on this forum.

Take the test and be honest.

Set the clock for 5 minutes.

If you cheat you will only cheat yourself. Are we samrter? perhaps but could we run the 40 in the same time?

Here is the link below.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html

Link is in the line above.

RP

*edited by Arrow(i threw the url tags in there for you)

RP,

I got 14 out of 15... Not bad for a certifiable genius eh?

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok Arrow. You pass.

Now do this first thing in the morning and give us your results.

Bench Press- 250 pounds max number of times

25 push-ups

3:00 rest

Bench Press- 250 pounds max number of times

25 push-ups

3:00 rest

Bench Press- 225 max number of times

25 push-ups

2:00 rest

Bench Press- 225 max number of times

25 push-ups

Bench press- 155 max number of times

25 push ups

2:00 rest

Bench press- 135 max number of times

I look forward to your score on the above after your 11 of 15. Post how you did in the morning.

I recon what I am getting at is that is many people would be eliminated if we had to be "Both Smart" and have the ability to knock the snot out of Randy Moss in the first five yards of the line as he comes off the ball.

Me... I am toast. I have never had a chance to be a Packer even when I was 20 years old. So if the Packers have the worst score I still admire them.

By The Way... I got 9 out of 15 so you have me beat before we even run the 40.

RP

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i got 14 of 15. read the profit one too fast and just figured X's profit by investment not the difference.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mattresell said:
I got 13 out of 15. didn't even attempt #11. probably could ahve done it, but I didn't ahve pencil and paper, or the energy. is this the exact test they get or is it just similar?

i assume it is much longer but along the same lines.

RP-i was going to make a comment alluding to the fact that this test has nothing to do with football smarts nor does it account for athletic ability. i figured most posters understand that they don't belong on a football field regardless of their wonderlic scores...so i decided against it.

plus i cant rep 250...

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
14 of 15. I could have done # 11 if I had a calculator. On top of that I played football for 4 years so they are just dumb *****!

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay. I t hink I had posted this on another thread, but I am going to say the same thing once again. For those of you who already have read my rantings and ravings, I apologize. I am a former teacher who--believe it or not--does not believe in testing to prove how smart a person is. There are many things to take into consideration when one is taking a test
1. What family problems may be on your mind
2. How tired are you?
3. Are you afraid of tests?
These are just a few. It is too early in the morning to list anymore. I, for one, could not do tests unless they were essay tests. I usually received B or better on those. The multiple choice or true and false tests used to drive me crazy. Oh another thing to consider is the way the test is worded. I know in one test given to school age children one question that was asked was what do rabbits eat? The correct answer was carrots, yet in the selection of answers, there was also the word lettuce. I haven't taken the Wunderlich test, and I don't know how I would do, but I know for sure that I would not be any good on the football field.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Bart Simpson says: "SOMEBODY'S gotta be last!" Besides, it means nothing. If it meant something, then teams could just draft players on the basis of their Wonderlic scores. It would be a lot easier, but the results wouldn't be pretty.

I took the sample Wonderlic and got 12 out of 15, although if I had some scratch paper I may have gotten 11 and/or 13 right. And I object to question #6. I chose figure #5 because it contains no parallel lines, unlike all the others. But they obviously based their answer on the number of sides in each figure. Questions that have two equally good answers are unfair.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
Okay. I t hink I had posted this on another thread, but I am going to say the same thing once again. For those of you who already have read my rantings and ravings, I apologize. I am a former teacher who--believe it or not--does not believe in testing to prove how smart a person is. There are many things to take into consideration when one is taking a test
1. What family problems may be on your mind
2. How tired are you?
3. Are you afraid of tests?
These are just a few. It is too early in the morning to list anymore. I, for one, could not do tests unless they were essay tests. I usually received B or better on those. The multiple choice or true and false tests used to drive me crazy. Oh another thing to consider is the way the test is worded. I know in one test given to school age children one question that was asked was what do rabbits eat? The correct answer was carrots, yet in the selection of answers, there was also the word lettuce. I haven't taken the Wunderlich test, and I don't know how I would do, but I know for sure that I would not be any good on the football field.

Please don't feel that there is a need to make excuses for grown men with college educations who are as dumb as a bag of hammers.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just so my posts from this point forward may get some respect...

I did the test again in the morning without 5 Jack and cokes in my blood like last night and I got 12 right out of 15. (last night I got 9.)

I am no DePack who aced it with 15 out of 15. However, unlike my friend DePack at least I still have both of my nuts.

RP

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read this - and thought allof you Masters Degree types oughta take heart....

Posted Oct. 09, 2005
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pete Dougherty

Wonderlic fails to test for football IQ

There were plenty of knowing nods and snide remarks last week. The Green Bay Packers finished last in the NFL in a Wall Street Journal study of Wonderlic Personnel Test scores.

Surely, that was a big reason they were 0-3 (now 0-4). They’re stupid.

Think again. This isn’t to defend the Packers or argue whether they’re a smart team. The point would be just as valid if they had the highest average Wonderlic score in the league: Those Wonderlic averages mean diddly for football intelligence.

“I’m not knocking the Wonderlic per se,â€

Beab66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a great article in the Sun. Green Bay Press Gazette. In the article it stated that Javon Walker got a 9. Would you pass on him just because of that score? Wonerlick is a great test for reading comprehension but does it account for reading defenses and adjusting routes? The article went on to state that it may have limited validity in the case of quarterbacks, because of the info they have to absorb to read the playbook. However, it really has nothing to do with learning beyond reading ability and certainly is not a factor when it comes to the instant reactions a player must make on the field.

Members online

Latest posts