Wonderful article on Bart Starr

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You try not to get too emotional over sports, but this article brought a tear to my eye. Bart Starr is a wonderful, wonderful man. And so is his wife.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I didn't quite like about this article was the buildup it presents to this being Bart's "final drive." It made me feel like he's going to wave to the crowd and then go pass away that night. It's a comeback not a last hurrah.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What amazes me is that we have something like this so special, and such a great read with only 5 comments

The minute a post about Brett comes in, we have 20 comments in a hour..

D

Deleted member 6794

What amazes me is that we have something like this so special, and such a great read with only 5 comments

Well, most of the time controversy stirs discussion. Every Packer fan I know has the utmost respect for Starr and hopes he will be able to make the trip to Lambeau on Thanksgiving. Aside of liking the article there isn't a whole lot to discuss about.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, most of the time controversy stirs discussion. Every Packer fan I know has the utmost respect for Starr and hopes he will be able to make the trip to Lambeau on Thanksgiving. Aside of liking the article there isn't a whole lot to discuss about.

Sure there is..

He should have died that 1st night..Stem cell...His memory is fading.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think its because everybody is touched by reading it, and united in their love of the man, even if they never saw him play. He has always had class.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im heading to Europe for a couple months, doubt I'll do much more than check in on W's, but getting back in time to see Bart walk into Lambeau to honor Brett (note in the article how Brett delayed his return to allow this), will be the highlight of my (regular) season. Not gonna be too many dry eyes in America much less Packer Nation when that happens.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...onor-brett-favre-one-last-great-drive-lambeau

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great read! Thank you for sharing. What I took away from the article was Starr attempting to overcome another obstacle in his life (overcoming his shyness to ask his wife out on the first date, going from a 17th round draft choice to leading his team to 5 championships, etc.) to reach a goal. Bart epitomizes character, grace and class, and I hope and pray he gains the physical strength to make it to Green Bay and the mental acuity to appreciate the outpouring of respect and love he will receive walking out onto the Lambeau field one more time.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone growing up in the 50s and 60s knows Starr is the greatest. It will be sad to see him as a shell of his former self, but wonderful that he is able to appear. Maybe the ovation will kindle some memories for him.

Members online

Latest posts