Wk 13 Houston Texans In Town

H

HardRightEdge

I swear you break a nail in Green Bay and you're out 3 games. How bad did Ryan hurt his ankle? I've had severe low and high sprains and the most I've ever missed was agame. Ice elevation repeat...come game day tape that bad boy up and get out there. I'm sure they have a way to give him a shot to numb it smh.
If you missed one game with a high ankle sprain I can assure you it was not severe. One indication of a severe high ankle sprain would be having a knob swell up to the size of a golf ball.

A sprain can include a ligament tear. The severity of the tear can vary. Some tears are minor and are expected to heal on their own; others are more severe where, again, you would want to see if it is healing on it's own before contemplating surgery. What is initially diagnosed as a "sprain" in NFL lingo is typically downgraded to "ligament tear" if surgery is indicated.

Without having the doctor translate the chart for you and tell you the prognosis and treatment plan, you cannot judge.

Last edited by a moderator:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you missed one game with a high ankle sprain I can assure you it was not severe. One indication of a severe high ankle sprain would be having a knob swell up to the size of a golf ball.

A sprain can include a ligament tear. The severity of the tear can vary. Some tears are minor and are expected to heal on their own; others are more severe where, again, you would want to see if it is healing on it's own before contemplating surgery. What is initially diagnosed as a "sprain" in NFL lingo is typically downgraded to "ligament tear" if surgery is indicated.

Without having the doctor translate the chart for you and tell you the prognosis and treatment plan, you cannot judge.

It was severe...and it did Swell up. Oh, I also suffer from nerve damage in that same ankle today so I'm pretty sure I can speak on this.

H

HardRightEdge

It was severe...and it did Swell up. Oh, I also suffer from nerve damage in that same ankle today so I'm pretty sure I can speak on this.
Hmm. Nerve damage. Interesting that you don't see a possible correlation within your experience.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like both Martinez and Ryan had some limited participation in practice today. Encouraging.

H

HardRightEdge

I'm pretty sure there's a correlation..however, I'm just speculating what the injury is. It may not even be that type of sprain. Who knows?
I meant the correlation between your jumping back in after 2 weeks and the fact you now have nerve damage.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I meant the correlation between your jumping back in after 2 weeks and the fact you now have nerve damage.

I see, I contribute the nerve damage to doing it more than a couple times tho. Once you sustain those type of sprains it becomes more susceptible to sprains. Do it enough times you end up like me.

H

HardRightEdge

I see, I contribute the nerve damage to doing it more than a couple times tho. Once you sustain those type of sprains it becomes more susceptible to sprains. Do it enough times you end up like me.
I know all about it. I can also tell you about hamstring tears and what happens when you come back too early.

This takes us back to your original comment complaining about the duration of players on the inactive list. Can you apply your personal experience to these player?

D

Deleted member 6794

Kyler Fackrell, Demetri Goodson, T.J. Lang and JC Tretter didn't practice on Thursday. LaDarius Gunter (back), Blake Martinez, Clay Matthews, Damarious Randall, Aaron Rodgers and Jake Ryan were limited participants.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers fully control their destiny versus Minny at this point. If Packers win out they top the Vikes with a 10-6 record versus 9-7 (at best). We need a little help versus Detroit. One loss for them anywhere from among Saints, Bears, Giants or Cowboys and Packers run the table and the division is theirs. Let's start with restoring the victorious spirit to Lambeau on Sunday and then run the table!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers rule out Kyler Fackrell and Demetri Goodson for Sunday's game vs. Texans. T.J. Lang and JC Tretter listed doubtful as well as Blake Martinez, Clay Matthews, Aaron Rodgers and Jake Ryan as questionable.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Blake Martinez, Clay Matthews, Aaron Rodgers and Jake Ryan as questionable.

Without all 4 of those guys, we would be in deep sh*t. Surprised Blake is a possible, which is good to see. Also glad to not see anyone named Randall or Rollins on the list! :tup:

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers rule out Kyler Fackrell and Demetri Goodson for Sunday's game vs. Texans. T.J. Lang and JC Tretter listed doubtful as well as Blake Martinez, Clay Matthews, Aaron Rodgers and Jake Ryan as questionable.
I think it's safe to say Aaron Rodgers will at least start.
We may see Hundley get a significant number of snaps if things get ugly early.
Personally I'd like to see the kid get alot of snaps so we can get a read on him.
I just don't want it to happen due to Rodgers physical well being.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers rule out Kyler Fackrell and Demetri Goodson for Sunday's game
Any idea why Goodson hasn't been IR'd, already and another player elevated or signed? I'm no doctor, but judging from the way his knee bent sideways I'm fairly certain he's done for the year.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any idea why Goodson hasn't been IR'd, already and another player elevated or signed? I'm no doctor, but judging from the way his knee bent sideways I'm fairly certain he's done for the year.

The training staff probably just thinks it a hammy injury

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing the coaches don't think he could be any worse even on one leg....expect him to start at corner this week lol.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking due to Rodgers injury Houston wins this game now. Our season is over or will be after this game.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without Rodgers or even him at 50 percent were done. There is no way we will win a game. Why even watch cause with Hundley in there we will lose every game.

And how exactly do you know we would lose every game with Hundley? Not like he has been given any meaningful snaps yet to determine if he is good or not. He must be good enough for the front office to be comfortable to let Tolzien walk. But again this is the same front office that thought out secondary depth was good as well. So who really knows! Lets just hope that Rodgers is able to perform the rest of the season.

Rodgers will be home and his tent will be bigger and more magical, he will be fine. :coffee:

The tent is a doorway to Narnia!!!

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:laugh:

I actually just pictured a big 5 gallon bucket and a couple of magazines in there, just in case someone needed to go real bad!

That could be in there too. There just needs to be a portal to a magical land where AR can get a good pep talk from a talking lion.

So I got bored at work and decided to search some Texan forums for some entertainment and found this beautiful little nugget
Aaron Rogers has been less then good this year.
On the flip side, Brock Osweiler has been just as bad as Rogers if not worse.
Edited for a misspelled word.
http://boards.houstontexans.com/for...n/1230203-game-12-go-get-it-green-bay-packers

Aaron Rodgers: 3,074 Passing, 27 TD, 7 INT, 64.4 Comp %, 97.8 QBR, 285 Rushing, 3 TD
Brock Osweiler: 2,307 Passing, 12 TD, 13 INT, 59.5 Comp %, 72.2 QBR, 112 Rushing, 1 TD

Apparently this is "just as bad as Rodgers if not worse."
If he were playing just as bad as Rodgers then the Texans wouldn't be 6-5 and would he highly favored in this game.
The dude is getting roasted by his own for that comment.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts