Wk 13 Houston Texans In Town

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, going into December now where every game counts. While this season is still very much hanging in the balance, perhaps some of us got a little too ready to call it done before this last win. Houston's going to be a big challenge, no easy feat, but the implications of winning are still big here.

Think the key is going to be if we can pressure down Osweiler like we did Wentz in this last game, and try to limit the damage of DeAndre Hopkins and Lamar Miller. Rodgers and the O have started to find a little rhythm as of late, going to need that to keep up here.

And the other BIG game to keep an eye on ...

Saints and Lions having what will probably be a shootout in the Big Easy, hopefully Payton didn't drain all the gas out on LA last week.

And the Vikings of course hosting the Cowgirls this Thursday, that one should get interesting. Hate to think so, but I got a feeling Dak is going to lay a big egg in this one.

But so long as the Saints slow the Lions down, we still got a shot if we do our part.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tonights game was huge, but this game will be even bigger. not only will we need to win, but we need to put up a statement game that says we're doing more than just hanging in there

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point, any win even a 1-poinr win will be much needed. Hopefully tonight's win didn't go too far into the players' heads because they are still 5-6 and have to find a way to catch Detroit and Minny.

I'm thinking Detroit could lose this Sunday so long as Drew Brees is on his A-game. I'm sensing though that the Cowboys don't give us help, hate thinking that it's the Vikings they lay the egg against, but for some reason this game smells like a big Dak choke job coming.

James Johnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I'm flying to green bay from houston next weekend. I've had the honor of watching the Texans every week. Brock is weak, like really a poor Passer with 0 pocket presence. He has a Canon though, so the deep threat of brock to Hopkins is dangerous against our secondary. Lamar miller is the x factor. High hopes for green bay after this game though.

I don't think Dallas folds until the playoffs 1 and done after a 14-2 season.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
So I'm flying to green bay from houston next weekend. I've had the honor of watching the Texans every week. Brock is weak, like really a poor Passer with 0 pocket presence. He has a Canon though, so the deep threat of brock to Hopkins is dangerous against our secondary. Lamar miller is the x factor. High hopes for green bay after this game though.

I don't think Dallas folds until the playoffs 1 and done after a 14-2 season.
Courtesy of none other than the Green Bay Packers. :sneaky:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the Texans definitely don't have bum WRs like Philly that's for sure. I expect to see a ton of zone from Capers because they can't play man on Hopkins and Fuller...just don't have the corners to match up with those two technique or speed wise. We can only hope Martinez and Ryan are both back in The middle, and Clay Matthews and co. are able to force Osweiller into some bad throws, and pressure him.

I'm just happy to say at least I'm feeling good about what the offense is doing. Instead of worrying about them along with defense. Hopefully Rodgers can get that hammy ready because the Texans get after the qb pretty good. Romeo Crennel leads the world in calling the blitz. He is a very aggressive DC.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hesitant to become too optimistic, the Eagles are not a very good team. At the same time, expecting a win Sunday, which is the first time this can be said in a while

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there have been more than enough examples with this team in the past few years and in the league in general that every fan should know by now, this is a week to week league. who you play, when you play them, what the active roster looks like that day, who is available at what points during the game, etc seem to matter more than ever.

We have a ways to go. We got back on the winning track for one game. Now we need 2.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Hesitant to become too optimistic, the Eagles are not a very good team. At the same time, expecting a win Sunday, which is the first time this can be said in a while
True, but they were very, very good at home and have made a lot of teams and quarterbacks look silly in that stadium. I'm cautiously optimistic as well, got to take it one game at a time.

We aint losin' to the Brock. We just can't. :unsure:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we stop Lamar and get good pressure on Brock, we will win this game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too early to tell if the Pack is back yet and if they win this game, I think it will still be too early.
When will we know?
IMO when they get back to their winning ways and start to look awesome doing it.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too early to tell if the Pack is back yet and if they win this game, I think it will still be too early.
When will we know?
IMO when they get back to their winning ways and start to look awesome doing it.
Win this one and then beat Seattle and now we're talking.

Reaction score
This is a very winnable game as the Texans are a 5-6 team with a 6-5 record so to speak and I think we match up well. While the Texans do have a sound running game, they are not the Cowboys either and the GB front 7 will match up well here. The Texans are built poorly to keep up with any type of moderately high scoring duel,so if Aaron gets any type of Rythmn going early this will be a long day for Osweiler
Again, at a pultry 17.6 pts/game the Texans O relies heavily on their solid but unspectacular D to win games. The Packers need to establish a running game this week and inject Christine Michaels in the mix to get his ears wet. I think he's the good 1-2 punch we need to keep them honest.
GB 27 Houston 22

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the other BIG game to keep an eye on ...

Saints and Lions having what will probably be a shootout in the Big Easy, hopefully Payton didn't drain all the gas out on LA last week.

And the Vikings of course hosting the Cowgirls this Thursday, that one should get interesting. Hate to think so, but I got a feeling Dak is going to lay a big egg in this one.

But so long as the Saints slow the Lions down, we still got a shot if we do our part.

good thing late in the season the team that plays detroit needs a big win this week as well. saints are still in it and are hungry and it showed the way they played this past sunday. funny thing is they are in the same situation as us. LOL

it's going to be a very good week of football this sunday!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions play @ New Orleans, @ New York Giants, and @ Dallas. Those are all very tough games for a team that relies on comebacks right now. They should beat Chicago at home and then it may come down to their game against us on January 1.

I think that the team to beat still is Minnesota. They have the easiest schedule remaining after Dallas, which should give us even records at 6-6. The Vikes play @ Jacksonville, vs Indianapolis, @ GB, and vs Chicago. They should be 8-6 when they play us with the gimme against the Bears afterward. I think that our season rests upon the Vikings game assuming that we can get win our next three - which is no cakewalk.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a very winnable game as the Texans are a 5-6 team with a 6-5 record so to speak and I think we match up well. While the Texans do have a sound running game, they are not the Cowboys either and the GB front 7 will match up well here. The Texans are built poorly to keep up with any type of moderately high scoring duel,so if Aaron gets any type of Rythmn going early this will be a long day for Osweiler
Again, at a pultry 17.6 pts/game the Texans O relies heavily on their solid but unspectacular D to win games. The Packers need to establish a running game this week and inject Christine Michaels in the mix to get his ears wet. I think he's the good 1-2 punch we need to keep them honest.
GB 27 Houston 22

Sounds doable. Certainly we're in the one week at a time phase right now, and I wouldn't count on anything in specific as far as wins or losses go, but just right now 5-6 feels a hell of a lot different than 4-7.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I enjoyed the game but I am not ready to say they are over the hump. To me the Texans run hot and cold...sound familiar? I have seen Osweiler play pretty sharp and other times he can't seem to hit anything. I am more concerned about how we play. I think the defense has a long way to go before I will even call them a good defense. They played better in the last game...

Right now I have no expectations and I think I enjoy the game better than when I am beating my head against the wall trying to figure out where my team went to.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night's game was awesome! THAT's the Packer team I know. The quick release passing game worked very well and I believe the Packers will be doing that the rest of the way. I'm not afraid of the Texans, their QB stinks and their defense isn't anything to brag about. Packers 27 Texans 20.

Packers will win the division!!

Reaction score
Last night's game was awesome! THAT's the Packer team I know. The quick release passing game worked very well and I believe the Packers will be doing that the rest of the way. I'm not afraid of the Texans, their QB stinks and their defense isn't anything to brag about. Packers 27 Texans 20.

Packers will win the division!!
Oh ok. So we no longer have to take this kinda heat from everyone?! I've been feeling kinda like this lately. Lol

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
Sounds doable. Certainly we're in the one week at a time phase right now, and I wouldn't count on anything in specific as far as wins or losses go, but just right now 5-6 feels a hell of a lot different than 4-7.
I'll say. It's kinda like we died and were revived but were not grateful yet because we're still mad they brought us back to life ;)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers need to establish a running game this week and inject Christine Michaels in the mix to get his ears wet. I think he's the good 1-2 punch we need to keep them honest.
Really? What the **** is it with posters wanting the running game? This team sucks offensively when they try to establish the run early. Note the 1st quarters of Wash and Tenn games. Quick rhythm passing is what this team does best. Why take the ball away from the best player to hand it to a street FA and your backup RB? Maybe a power back like Lacy that runs through tackles. The offensive line does not blow people off the line until the defense is worn down a bit chasing down Rodgers scrambles, slants, and screens.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-dope-sheet/article-1/Packers-return-home-to-host-the-Texans/51c75481-a617-4830-ab75-b073284a27c3

The last meeting between these two in 2012: Packers hand Houston its first loss of the season in week 6 down there. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000080327/GameDay-Packers-vs-Texans-highlights

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...e-relax-there-was-shhhh-aaron-rodgers-six-tds

Previous Houston visit to Lambeau in 2008: Over 500 yds. on the Packers D.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

Well the Texans definitely don't have bum WRs like Philly that's for sure. I expect to see a ton of zone from Capers because they can't play man on Hopkins and Fuller...just don't have the corners to match up with those two technique or speed wise. We can only hope Martinez and Ryan are both back in The middle, and Clay Matthews and co. are able to force Osweiller into some bad throws, and pressure him.

I'm just happy to say at least I'm feeling good about what the offense is doing. Instead of worrying about them along with defense. Hopefully Rodgers can get that hammy ready because the Texans get after the qb pretty good. Romeo Crennel leads the world in calling the blitz. He is a very aggressive DC.
There's only one way this team can beat even mediocre opponents. There is such abundant evidence that it should be obvious by now. I've repeated it so many times: control the ball, burn the clock, keep the defense off the field. If Crennel is blitz happy as you say, my prescription fits that to tee. When Rodgers puts his mind to it, with this collection of possession receivers, he can wear down that blitz with the quick throw. If he's gimped up a little with the hammy, all the more reason to stick with what works: short timing passes.