With two days left til the draft....

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I still think if Lynch is there we will take him, but I don't think he will with Peterson's injury disclosure.... So I voted Safety.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the recent news about Peterson's injury not letting him take part in any minicamps might lead him to fall low enough where the Packers might be able to make a trade with the Texans or 49ers to nab Peterson...

Realistically, I'd like to say TE but I don't see the Panthers letting Olsen pass up.

Lynch... I think we can get a similar type of player later in round 2...

I don't see a LT as a realistic choice, unless we plan to trade way down and pick up Khalil and convert him to LT.

Wide Receiver.... Randy or no Randy is all the difference here, and I'd have to think it is only a matter of time before Moss becomes a Packer.

Thus by process of elimination, I'll say Cornerback Revis is the pick.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I don't see a LT as a realistic choice, unless we plan to trade way down and pick up Khalil and convert him to LT.

That was one possibility, another would be trading down some and tabbing Staley from Central Michigan.

Reaction score
I think we may have our LT in Moll, so I'm not sure if it'd be a good choice in the first round.

I really think we need to get 2-3 impact players in this draft that can consistently contribute, we'll have a shot to contend against the Bears. and by having Rodgers wait it out two years, I don't see TT being too anxious to have two of his first three first round picks being on the sidelines regularly.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
I don't disagree, but I put LT in there in case those you claim Clifton was awful last year can vote for his eventual replacement.

I will throw a brick at the PC if a LT or Olsen is selected in the 1st round by the Packers. And for Olsen, I just don't see the value of picking a second round TE in the first. He is a below average blocker with inconsistent hands. If we grab him later in the draft great, but I think he is over-rated in this draft. There are 6 possible TE that could be first day material, just none of them in my opinion are worthy of a first round pick.

Reaction score
I can understand where you are coming from, and from that end I think if TT hasn't fallen in love with Olsen, he won't take him too high.

I'm wondering if TT would be better suited trading down with NE for both their first round picks. NE can target a player that will help them win now that may be snatched up by their first 1st round pick (IE Carriker, Nelson, a CB, maybe Willis the LB), while the Packers can get two decent prospects that would help us out.

I think this may be one of the most wide-open NFL drafts after the first top 10 picks. Certainly I don't think anyone will mind two first round picks.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
I agree that makes sense from the NE perspective, I just don't know that they will give up 2 first to move to 16. If we were higher, I could see it.

But I agree that this is a different draft, in part because I don't believe there are more than 15 or so sure fire 1st round picks. Then throw in the drama of Peterson injury and the Raiders not sure which way they are going. It should be fun to watch the first round.

That is part of the reason I want the Raiders to draft Johnson, to add even more drama to the round, because i think a few teams will be wanting to bail out of the top 10 because they won't or don't need a QB.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Perhaps if we trade down, TT might look at someone like Jarrett with their second 1st round choice.

Damn I can't wait for the draft to be in full swing!

ON Jarrett, I think he is a late first round to second round talent. In the slot, where it is hard to jam, he could be very effective as a WR stretching the middle of the field for us. I think he is more talented than some.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps if we trade down, TT might look at someone like Jarrett with their second 1st round choice.

Damn I can't wait for the draft to be in full swing!

I think he'll be able to move down and land Lynch. I think he can get him in the 20 to 25 range and that's what is going to probably end up happening unless the Pack can't find a trade and they’re stuck at 16. If so then it creates an interesting dilemma. Do you go with the best player on your board or do you go for a need. If Alan Branch or Jamaal Anderson are sitting there it’d be hard to pass up either or.

I think Denver wants to trade up for a DE. The Jets would love to move up for Greg Olsen in my opinion and I could see Kansas City moving up past the Titans to pick Robert Meachem or Dwayne Bowe. Just throwing out teams that the Pack would maybe swing a deal with.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is there anyway we could end up with Laron Landry... hes slated to go early possible 8th at Atlanta.

I think thats the biggest need, and one of the best players available in the first round. The guy is a lock to be a solid safety in the NFL.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those who want a trade down to happen you need to hope some player is sitting there we really don't care for that some team really wants bad because otherwise I don't see TT getting what he wants for the trade.

We are essentially asking teams to do exactly what we don't want to do ourselves. OVERPAY for a player not really worth the #16 pick. Plus, now we are making that decision even more expensive by demanding another pick later.

Tough sell.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those who want a trade down to happen you need to hope some player is sitting there we really don't care for that some team really wants bad because otherwise I don't see TT getting what he wants for the trade.

We are essentially asking teams to do exactly what we don't want to do ourselves. OVERPAY for a player not really worth the #16 pick. Plus, now we are making that decision even more expensive by demanding another pick later.

Tough sell.

I've always said you need to negotiate from a position of power and the cluster of equally talented players after the first to seven or eight picks gives TT none.

My prediction. We WILL be picking somebody with the #16.

It's in the 2nd round where it's another story.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
is there anyway we could end up with Laron Landry... hes slated to go early possible 8th at Atlanta.

I think thats the biggest need, and one of the best players available in the first round. The guy is a lock to be a solid safety in the NFL.

We would have to get in front of the Redskins to do so, if he is there at six, he has Skins written all over him.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we keep the picks - we shoudl trade down in round 1 to KC and get S Michael Griffin. In round 2, we should trade down to Philly and get RB Brandon Jackson. Then, we would have 4 more picks in rounds 3 and 4 to address corner, TE and WR.

Members online

Latest posts