With the next selection in the 2006 NFL Draft,

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assuming the draft order stays the same it is right now, I'm curious to know what positions/players the other top 5 teams (Houston, Jets, Saints and Cardnials) will be looking at? I really don't see the Texans drafting QB or RB? I'd say they'll try to trade down for extra picks? OL seems to be their big problem. Likewise, I could see the Saints going another direction other than QB or RB. I'd have to believe the other 2 teams are very much in the hunt for a QB and or RB. Anyway you slice it, it looks like GB will have a great shot at the player/position it wants to address?

Reaction score
Hmmmm....... Well here is my guess

Texans - Either Matt L. or Bush (Texans GM is crap. He knows nothing about football. I think Carr still can be decent, but all signs point to a QB or RB)

Jets - Matt L. or Bush (All depends on Pennington. If he can comeback healthy, they draft Bush to take over for Martin. If Pennington cannot comeback, they take Matt L.)

Saints - Matt L., outside chance on Bush (Brooks couldn't get it done, so Saints are now in the market for a QB. But knowing Benson, I wouldn't be surprised if he forces his GM to pick Bush. More market value and money can come in if Bush is choosen)

Cards - Bush, outside chance of Matt L. (Cards have potential, although small, in Josh. They also have Warner. However, there running game has been terrible. Some running might allow Josh to develop since he will have less pressure. Can you imagine, Bolding - Fitzgeral - Bryant as WR's, and Bush at RB! Dennis Green could do all sorts of things with that combo. Josh could have a breakout year. Heck I think I could have a break out-year with players on O like those:D!

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
If the Texans really drop Carr I think we should bring him into camp at least.
Good idea but I think Carr, if he gets cut by Houston, will get starter money or close to it for another team. Out of our range if we plan on improving elsewhere. I think most personnel guys believe Carr has what it takes if the line could protect him. He's spent more time on his back than a deflowered woman in a cathouse.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are many teams looking for a QB,
Carr would be interesting for many teams:

Jets
Saints
Bills
Dolphins
Detroit
Chicago (Kyle Poorton and Hex Glassmann)
Browns (Is Frye the long-term solution?)
Cards (McCown is flopping)
Ravens (Kyle Boller, no way!)
Cowboys (come on Bledsoe is over the top)
Raiders
Rams

aaand... the Packers

the Chiefs could start looking for a replacement too.

man that is a lot of teams looking for a consistent QB for the future. :p

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
There are many teams looking for a QB,
Carr would be interesting for many teams:

Jets
Saints
Bills
Dolphins
Detroit
Chicago (Kyle Poorton and Hex Glassmann)
Browns (Is Frye the long-term solution?)
Cards (McCown is flopping)
Ravens (Kyle Boller, no way!)
Cowboys (come on Bledsoe is over the top)
Raiders
Rams

aaand... the Packers

the Chiefs could start looking for a replacement too.

man that is a lot of teams looking for a consistent QB for the future. :p

if that many teams needed a QB, someone would've taken a QB last april before we would've had the opportunity to blow the 24th pick on aaron rodgers

for Carr I think KC is the best bet--KC has a great offensive line, something david carr would commit larcenous acts to have, and especially if vermeil leaves, that team could go thru a mini-retooling

for the packers, i'm clueless as to what we need
-our run defense was doing great today up until no one up in the booth saw the big draw coming, we could use a defensive end opposite aaron kampman, however mike montgomery still impresses me today (btw, NOT a late hit on grossman)
-corey williams/colin cole are alright in the middle, i still think Haloti Ngata can be a two-way presence from the DT position, best raw skills at any position after reggie bush if you ask me
-our linebacking core, barnett is our best guy on the front seven, paris lenon offers nothing long term, diggs will probably get hurt in the second half--aj hawk could be another zach thomas type

we'll end up trading down

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slackerbacker said:
Assuming the draft order stays the same it is right now, I'm curious to know what positions/players the other top 5 teams (Houston, Jets, Saints and Cardnials) will be looking at? I really don't see the Texans drafting QB or RB? I'd say they'll try to trade down for extra picks? OL seems to be their big problem. Likewise, I could see the Saints going another direction other than QB or RB. I'd have to believe the other 2 teams are very much in the hunt for a QB and or RB. Anyway you slice it, it looks like GB will have a great shot at the player/position it wants to address?

drop the Cardinals off that list. They have 5 wins. San Francisco takes their place having just 3 wins.

OP
OP
S

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the 49ers correction, but most are missing my point here. GB's pick is largely going to depend on what the other teams in front of them do. I think we all have a pretty good idea what GB needs to fix, but what might the other teams be looking for?? I assume most of you believe there may be a bidding war for Leinart and Young after Bush is gone?? How about a Mock Draft for the 1st 5 or 10 spots based on the order as we know it today?

Members online

Latest posts