With the 32nd pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Packers select...

DFlo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm running an interactive mock draft with the fan forums of all NFL teams where the fans get to vote and make the pick for their respective team.

So far the fans have voted:
Carolina - Fairley
Denver - Dareus
Buffalo - Newton
Cincinnati - Green
Arizona - Bowers
Cleveland - Peterson
San Francisco - Von Miller
Tennessee - Blaine Gabbert
Cowboys - Prince Amukamara
Redskins - Julio Jones
Texans - Robert Quinn
Vikings - Ryan Mallett
Lions - Tyron Smith
Rams - Aldon Smith
Dolphins - Mark Ingram
Jaguars - Christian Ponder
Patriots - JJ Watt
Chargers - Cameron Jordan
Giants - Anthony Castonzo
Bucs - Ryan Kerrigan
Chiefs - Phil Taylor
Colts - Derek Sherrod
Eagles - Gabe Carimi
Saints - Cameron Heyward
Seahawks - Mike Pouncey
Ravens - Jimmy Smith
Falcons - Brandon Harris
Patriots - Muhammad Wilkerson
Bears - Corey Liuget
Jets - Justin Houston
Steelers - Nate Solder
Packers - ???

You can vote for the player you want the Packers to select in this poll:
Interactive Mock Draft Poll

Also, if you write a short 3-sentence description as to why this player should be drafted in this thread, I will pick out the best write-up and post it in the mock draft section along with your name!

***Also for mods, I hope you don't see this as spam. I am just trying to get the right fans to vote for their team, so we get the right mock draft. If you have any problems, please let me know.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No problem with the thread, just on the wrong place. Moved to the Draft talk.

With the 32nd pick in the 2011 nfl draft, the Green Bay Packers select Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA.
Even though having had a really poor combine, with 1.68 10 yard split, 4.28 20 yard shuttle, 7.49 3-cone drill and 31' vertical leap, Ayers is the most proven OLB in this draft outside Von Miller.
While he's not great at anything specific, he's very good at everything, and the Packers value above else all around ability from their OLB. With what they have, Jones is the best cover guy, Zombo is the best against the run and Walden is the best against the pass. But they're flawed in some areas. That's the reason Zombo started in the SB and not Walden. Pittsburgh is a running team, and Zombo was better at it than Walden.
If you take the Stanford game, you'll see that Ayers can do it all, and that's a big plus. The main concern with him is motivation (the reason for his poor combine), but with Capers and Kevin Greene in the staff, as well as Matthews as his teammate, there isn't a team better suited for him.
He will probably never be a #1 pass rusher, but, again, with Matthews taking away double teams almost every snap, and with Capers' creativity, he won't need to be.
The Packers are the best fit for Ayers, and Ayers fits perfectly in their defense.

Feel free to edit my post if you believe I made a good point, but I couldn't be more suscint than that.

OP
OP
D

DFlo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey PackersRS, thanks for the write up, I had to cut it down quite a bit for it to fit, but it was really well done and very informative!

So the results are updated! You can see who your team selected here:

Interactive Mock Draft Results

You can see the voting breakdown in the Voting History tab!

Going to put up two polls for which team had the best draft. Right now we are doing AFC teams. Feel free to vote!

Also, I'm going to have another one starting in a few days, so feel free to vote in that one as well!

Latest posts