"With the 16th pick the Green Bay Packers choose......"

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.....to trade this pick to the San Diego Chargers for M. Turner.

AND FURTHER MORE:

"With the 47th pick of the 2nd round the Green Bay Packers TRADE with the Oakland Raiders for Randy Moss."

If this could be done and from the "talk" surrounding these guys it's not far off there are no two other guys that will help us win more games over the next four or five years. Period.

If, in fact, a RB were to be selected with our 16th pick (which I am not for) who would you rather have? Lynch or Turner? Forget Peterson he's gone by now and I would rather have Turner anyways.

The Moss deal would be a no-brainer because as deep as the WR class is this year it is not likely any would be around by #47 let alone one better than Moss.

Look at the options? Lynch and say Leonard or Turner and Moss? Cmon.

There's THREE really good football players in this draft:

A) Calvin Johnson
B) Joe Thomas
C) Laron Landry

These are the ONLY guys I would take before trading for Turner and Moss.

When you have DL projected in the top 10 like Branch who is out of shape and inconsistant and Okoye who has great upside but might be a couple years from having the strength needed to play in there you have a damn WEAK DRAFT.

TRADE. Go and get the playmakers we keep talking about that we need 'cause I sure don't see any game breakers coming in April.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

AND FURTHER MORE:

"With the 47th pick of the 2nd round the Green Bay Packers TRADE with the Oakland Raiders for Randy Moss."

If this could be done and from the "talk" surrounding these guys it's not far off there are no two other guys that will help us win more games over the next four or five years. Period.

If, in fact, a RB were to be selected with our 16th pick (which I am not for) who would you rather have? Lynch or Turner? Forget Peterson he's gone by now and I would rather have Turner anyways.

The Moss deal would be a no-brainer because as deep as the WR class is this year it is not likely any would be around by #47 let alone one better than Moss.

A) Calvin Johnson
B) Joe Thomas
C) Laron Landry

When you have DL projected in the top 10 like Branch who is out of shape and inconsistant and Okoye who has great upside but might be a couple years from having the strength needed to play in there you have a damn WEAK DRAFT.

TRADE. Go and get the playmakers we keep talking about that we need 'cause I sure don't see any game breakers coming in April.

I don't think you understand. SD tendered Turner so it will require a 1st and a 3rd. There are possible scenario's to get around this if SD would cooperate. However, SD has stated they will not budge an inch.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be up for the first move, but not the second. Although, I don't think the Chargers will make that deal, I read they wanted a first AND a third. I would trade a third for Moss, however.

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that is what their GM is saying at this point but that is not cast in stone and if SD could get the 16th pick I think he would reconsider long and hard.

He get's a good player for years to come or keeps a backup for one year and get's nothing. A real offer in front of him would be hard to walk from.

All I can say is it's a good thing he's in SD. If he were in GB and he passed on a deal like that he wouldn't make it out of the building.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SD will NOT trade Turner. First off, Turner is a great back-up to LT and anice Insurance policy. This was a 14-2 team last year and they have the luxury of doing this. They are on the brink and if LT would go down Turner could step in and be effective.

SD did the smart thing

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be up for the first move, but not the second. Although, I don't think the Chargers will make that deal, I read they wanted a first AND a third. I would trade a third for Moss, however.

A 3rd for Moss would be the fairest of things but we are talking about Al here.
I mean if it actually took a 2nd wouldn't you go? I would just to get the freaking deal over with!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:

AND FURTHER MORE:

A) Calvin Johnson
B) Joe Thomas
C) Laron Landry

I don't think you understand. SD tendered Turner so it will require a 1st and a 3rd. There are possible scenario's to get around this if SD would cooperate. However, SD has stated they will not budge an inch.

the tender only applies if he gets signed to an offer sheet by another team. i'm sure you know that. i believe flexibility is a major requirement for a successful NFL GM, and since san diego went 14-2 i think we can assume that they have a good GM; a GM who would be open to the possibility of a trade. Hell, they traded away Eli Manning and that seemed to work out pretty well, so you know he's resourceful. i'm not even close to being convinced that he wouldn't trade Turner

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am assuming that since the GM came out and said they would consider a trade it was meant to induce activity.

Everybody out there already knew it would take a 1st and 3rd when SD designated him restricted at the highest level.

At the end of the day he may go nowhere but for them to have TWO first round picks would be a heck of a position for them. They could go up, down, or, stay with those two.

Considering how good they are now that's pretty awesome.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that it means a whole lot coming from a Buffalo beat writer but it is said that Turner could be gotten for a high 2nd round pick now.
Michael Turner-RB- Chargers Mar. 21 - 10:11 am et
BuffaloBills.com beat writer Chris Brown is "hearing" that the Chargers are willing to part with Michael Turner for an early second-round pick.

It was believed earlier this offseason that Turner could only be had for a first-rounder, so it's possible GM A.J. Smith has lowered his asking price. The Texans, Browns, Bills, and Falcons could have interest.
Source: buffalobills.com

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Diego will trade Turner because they are going to lose him next year in free agency anyways. They will get there draft pick out of him now rather then nothing next year.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, there is absolutely no way TT would trade away a 1st round draft pick, 2nd maybe, but not a first.

I'm not that familiar with Turner, is he worth a 2nd?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, there is absolutely no way TT would trade away a 1st round draft pick, 2nd maybe, but not a first.

I'm not that familiar with Turner, is he worth a 2nd?

Were not trading away a 1st, we are swapping firsts the #16 for the #30 and the packers get Turner. This going by the value chart would equal the 20th pick in the second round so we may need to add a little. Anyways it would be killing to birds with 1 stone in the first round. We get a good compliment to Morency and we are then in poiston to land 1 of the many good WR's in the draft. Then we also have a good pick in the 2nd.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the trade has potential if Lynch isn't there at #16. I'd think the only way this deal is done is during the draft at the selection, then at pick 30 think about Olson, if not there, the pick is going to be best player available, so don't be shocked if its a pick for a position not a need or even seeing Zach Miller here, because he's a borderline 1st/2nd round pick. It is going to be an interesting draft with all of the potential trades that could happen during the draft. Can't wait for next month....

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So let me ask everyone a question.

We can have Turner for a 1st and third.
Moss for a second.

Would you give up your first three picks and get two guaranteed proven players or draft three players and not know for sure what you have?

turner has not played alot so he is still fresh and when he has played he has been spectacular (6 yd carry ave)

Kept happy, Moss is good for another 3 years too.

At best, of the 3 round picks, 1 good player would be average. 2 excellent, and 3 would be exceptional. Most likely of those 3 picks we would get one really good player. With the trade, we get two really good players.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Moss for a second.

Would you give up your first three picks and get two guaranteed proven players or draft three players and not know for sure what you have?

turner has not played alot so he is still fresh and when he has played he has been spectacular (6 yd carry ave)

At best, of the 3 round picks, 1 good player would be average. 2 excellent, and 3 would be exceptional. Most likely of those 3 picks we would get one really good player. With the trade, we get two really good players.

I wouldn't at all. You need draft picks to build a team. I do believe it's very possible for the Packers to swap 1sts with San Diego and for GB to give the Chargers a 3rd next year for Turner. I then think Thompson can trade our 2nd for Moss and take that 1st and make it into two 2nd's. That'd still give the Pack 3 Day 1 picks where they can address several needs. That is what I would attempt to do.

I wouldn't count on this happening. I wouldn't pay a 1st and 3rd for Turner at this point either. I'd take my chances at Lynch or a back in round 2 before I'd do that.

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:

Moss for a second.

I wouldn't at all. You need draft picks to build a team. I do believe it's very possible for the Packers to swap 1sts with San Diego and for GB to give the Chargers a 3rd next year for Turner. I then think Thompson can trade our 2nd for Moss and take that 1st and make it into two 2nd's. That'd still give the Pack 3 Day 1 picks where they can address several needs. That is what I would attempt to do.

I wouldn't count on this happening. I wouldn't pay a 1st and 3rd for Turner at this point either. I'd take my chances at Lynch or a back in round 2 before I'd do that.

I would have no problem with what you have suggested here Porky but I am throwing a spin on this to explore other options. Ted has achieved youth and he has secured the core of players we want around for years to come by extending and resigning key guys.

Maybe it's time to move past the youth kick and build thru the draft theme just a bit and put some frosting on the cake.

The path I am suggesting here is not throwing all our marbles out there for a one time shot or risking our future. We would be securing a RB more proven than the draft choices and one of the premier playmakers of all time. Both with a lot of years left in them.

If, in fact, our defense turned the corner late last year and can play to playoff caliber, these moves on offense makes a lot of sense. With improved play at both safety positions our defense is there. If it weren't these moves would make less sense.

PS: I hedged on the 3rd rounder for Turner. I know it's what they want but you don't always get what you want. Look at it this way. If these two guys were actually in the draft would you not be happy getting them with our first and second picks?

I would.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
trippster said:

Moss for a second.

I would have no problem with what you have suggested here Porky but I am throwing a spin on this to explore other options. Ted has achieved youth and he has secured the core of players we want around for years to come by extending and resigning key guys.

Maybe it's time to move past the youth kick and build thru the draft theme just a bit and put some frosting on the cake.

The path I am suggesting here is not throwing all our marbles out there for a one time shot or risking our future. We would be securing a RB more proven than the draft choices and one of the premier playmakers of all time. Both with a lot of years left in them.

If, in fact, our defense turned the corner late last year and can play to playoff caliber, these moves on offense makes a lot of sense. With improved play at both safety positions our defense is there. If it weren't these moves would make less sense.

PS: I hedged on the 3rd rounder for Turner. I know it's what they want but you don't always get what you want. Look at it this way. If these two guys were actually in the draft would you not be happy getting them with our first and second picks?

I would.

RB is a pretty easy position to get production out of early. That's one of the reasons why I wouldn't value Turner that much over someone like Lynch. Look at the recent history of Day 1 backs that have helped their teams. It would not shock me at all and in fact I think it's very likely that Lynch turns out being a better pro than Turner. Turner compares a lot to Lamont Jordan and keep in mind he’s on a team with loads of talent. He’s hardly the focus.

If I were Thompson I'd take Lynch in round 1 if he's there. I'd trade a 2nd for Moss and I'd take Ben Patrick in round 3.

I don't see Lynch as a dead lock to Buffalo. The Bills have to many options as well especially with that high of a pick.

Members online

Latest posts