With their 1st Pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Packers select...

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just meant to be a joke Poker. Janis was playing with me. But I appreciate your comment. Coming from you, that means something.

I'm gonna spit on your burger next time. And don't even think of getting a liter of cola, ya jackwagon.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  1. T. Edmunds, LB/ED, VTU
  2. B. Chubb, Edge, NC ST
  3. Q. Nelson, OG, ND
  4. S. Barkley, RB, PSU
TIER 2
  1. M. Fitzpatrick, DB, FSU
  2. D. James, DB, UA
  3. D. Ward, CB, OSU
  4. J. Alexander, CB, LOU
  5. H. Landry, ED, BC
  6. R. Smith, LB, UGA
TIER 3
  1. Vita Vea, DL, Washington
  2. LVE, LB, Boise St
  3. Mike Hughes, CB, UCF
  4. Isiah Oliver, CB, Colorado
  5. Marcus Davenport, Edge, UTSA
  6. Jessie Bates, S, Wake Forest

There is a significant drop off after Tier 2, imo. I imagine at least one, potentially 3 guys from Tier 2 will be there at 14. Just depends on QB's, and if some player strikes one teams fancy. There are a ton of good iOL that are arguably better players than some I have listed here, but value wise, and knowing how the Packers draft, I had a hard time putting them in. But Billy Price, Will Hernandez, Austin Corbett, James Daniels, Isiah Wynn, are all good iOL. Not as high on the OT class.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Nagler said that all of the league people who talks to have a lot more reservations about Davenport and Landry than the media types do.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Well to not put Sutton in there at least at tier two is a travesty.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
  2. B. Chubb, Edge, NC ST
  3. Q. Nelson, OG, ND
  4. S. Barkley, RB, PSU
TIER 2
  2. D. James, DB, UA
  3. D. Ward, CB, OSU
  4. J. Alexander, CB, LOU
  5. H. Landry, ED, BC
  6. R. Smith, LB, UGA
TIER 3
  2. LVE, LB, Boise St
  3. Mike Hughes, CB, UCF

There is a significant drop off after Tier 2, imo. I imagine at least one, potentially 3 guys from Tier 2 will be there at 14. Just depends on QB's, and if some player strikes one teams fancy. There are a ton of good iOL that are arguably better players than some I have listed here, but value wise, and knowing how the Packers draft, I had a hard time putting them in. But Billy Price, Will Hernandez, Austin Corbett, James Daniels, Isiah Wynn, are all good iOL. Not as high on the OT class.

Alexander and Ward is an interesting comparison. Alexander is a lot thicker than Ward at 196. Ward weighing in at a mere 183 lbs or whatever it was is a little concerning. And yet it was Alexander that missed time last year. But is Ward's slight frame going to make him another Jason Verrett? Both of them are really sticky man corners.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander and Ward is an interesting comparison. Alexander is a lot thicker than Ward at 196. Ward weighing in at a mere 183 lbs or whatever it was is a little concerning. And yet it was Alexander that missed time last year. But is Ward's slight frame going to make him another Jason Verrett? Both of them are really sticky man corners.

Ward put up 16 reps, so he's strong. I wish he was bigger, but I'm not worried.

I think Ward is better, but I love Alexander too.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TIER 3
  2. LVE, LB, Boise St
  3. Mike Hughes, CB, UCF
I have not seen Jessie Bates mentioned as a first round option. I just looked up a few sites and almost all he is slotted as 3rd round. His measureables look below average, quick/fluid but no twitch/power. Jerimiah has the highest rating as #30. What are you seeing?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not seen Jessie Bates mentioned as a first round option. I just looked up a few sites and almost all he is slotted as 3rd round. His measureables look below average, quick/fluid but no twitch/power. Jerimiah has the highest rating as #30. What are you seeing?

Honestly, I'm just a homer for the guy.

I wouldn't take him in the 1st at 14. But he's still in that tier for me because the players that I find better than him, are all iOL (not all, but almost all) and I just don't see that happening.

I think as a coverage safety, he's absolutely great. And he can still tackle pretty well. Needs to add some size. But he's a good coverage safety in a league trending towards passing more and more every year. So I'm going to value him over a box safety. He's a guy I saw, and really liked initially, and the more I dug in, the more I liked.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Also, watch his tape against FSU.

I thought it was very good.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that we have a backup quarterback...

With the 14th over pick in the annual NFL player selection meeting...the Packers select...Mike Gesicki TE Penn State University.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  2. B. Chubb, Edge, NC ST
  3. Q. Nelson, OG, ND
  4. S. Barkley, RB, PSU
TIER 2
  2. D. James, DB, UA
  3. D. Ward, CB, OSU
  4. J. Alexander, CB, LOU
  5. H. Landry, ED, BC
  6. R. Smith, LB, UGA
TIER 3
  2. LVE, LB, Boise St
  3. Mike Hughes, CB, UCF

I honestly can see putting Vea and LVE in tier two. I think both would be very valuable at 14 and it wouldn't be a reach. James is a tier one if you ask me.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has brought up the comp pick that we lose when Randall would have been a free agent after the 2018 season. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
elcid

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After trading Randall away, to me its paramount that, even after acquiring a FA CB, we still pick a day 2 corner at the bare minimum. Furthermore OLB is still very pressing but I dont like any of the prospects that will most likely be available at 14. Im hoping that we gather some mid tier FAs at both CB (Breeland - like him plenty - very versatile and not gonna command top dollar) and OLB (Trent Murphy seems a low-cost option).

Then, IMO this would be great:

#14 - Joshua Jackson, CB
#35 - Arden Key, Edge (trade our 45'th and 101'st pick)
#76 - Dalton Schultz, TE

Use the latter rounds to strengthen OL and WR and the defensive backfield.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After trading Randall away, to me its paramount that, even after acquiring a FA CB, we still pick a day 2 corner at the bare minimum. Furthermore OLB is still very pressing but I dont like any of the prospects that will most likely be available at 14. Im hoping that we gather some mid tier FAs at both CB (Breeland - like him plenty - very versatile and not gonna command top dollar) and OLB (Trent Murphy seems a low-cost option).

Then, IMO this would be great:

#14 - Joshua Jackson, CB
#35 - Arden Key, Edge (trade our 45'th and 101'st pick)
#76 - Dalton Schultz, TE

Use the latter rounds to strengthen OL and WR and the defensive backfield.
We likely won't have a choice at 14 and will have to take what the draft brings us. If Gute adheres to BPA, there may still be a top rated player at ILB or even OG. There are a few CBs that may be sitting there at our 2nd round pick. Definitely we should take a stab at a few of the risky guys in the 4th and 5th. JC Jackso n, Joseph, ????.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holton Hill is a very talented CB prospect who will probably drop due to some odd field stuff. Pick him up.

OP
OP
elcid

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We likely won't have a choice at 14 and will have to take what the draft brings us. If Gute adheres to BPA, there may still be a top rated player at ILB or even OG. There are a few CBs that may be sitting there at our 2nd round pick. Definitely we should take a stab at a few of the risky guys in the 4th and 5th. JC Jackso n, Joseph, ????.
Im actually hearing that Jackson at 14 can be considered a reach. He is falling down draft boards for a modest 40 yard dash

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im actually hearing that Jackson at 14 can be considered a reach. He is falling down draft boards for a modest 40 yard dash

His 40 is fine, his "problem" is that he's pretty much a zone only CB. So he is going to be dependent on the team and scheme he gets drafted to.

It seems like Pettine runs primarily a man scheme (obviously with zone mixed in), so I'm not convinced Jackson is a good fit for us.

Members online

Latest posts