With their 1st Pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Packers select...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
THey'd never give up their 2 1st rounders to move up 8 places to #14. It'd have to be their 23rd pick and a 2nd rounder.

I would never say never in regards to trading up for QB's in the draft. Often times the pick values don't matter a whole lot if a team sees their franchise QB sitting there. But you are probably correct, the "value" of their 2 first round picks is 1360 points. The #14 pick is valued at 1100 pts. We might have to throw in our 3rd round pick :)

The good news, if the Pats are that high on Jackson, they may very well trade up into the top 12 with a team that otherwise may have picked a guy we want. So a win win.

OP
OP
elcid

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THey'd never give up their 2 1st rounders to move up 8 places to #14. It'd have to be their 23rd pick and a 2nd rounder.
Maybe if we traded our third along with our first rounder, we would get there 2 first round picks. I'd be all for this move. Might even be willing to throw in our second instead of our third pick.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just how did they do it back then without computers?

Some will answer ..."Not very well"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OldSchoolPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Williams is a decent upgrade on the outside I wouldn't mind the Packers adding another cornerback pushing him to be the starter.

I vehemently disagree with that take.

Teams need solid cornerback play to be successful on defense though. With the Packers in need of an upgrade at the position it would be smart to add another impact player at the position.
Lol You’re lame!!!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Add Ian Rapoport to the list of people hearing that the Packers might be trying to trade up from #14. Ward? Chubb? Edmunds? Smith?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Aaron Nagler is also reporting the possibility of a trade down. It would seem they're getting a number of things worked out in principle for various scenarios.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It's been widely reported that Indy wants to trade down again. If 1-4 are QB's and Denver takes Barkley, maybe Green Bay packages 14 and 45 and goes up to get Chubb.

OldSchoolPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You ! can! make! this! same! argument! for! every! position! Some! great! ones! are! taken! early! and! some! are! taken! late! in the draft! as well!
Lol!! Bs!!! Under Ted The packers can’t draft CB high!!! all bust!!! King has upside but who else drafted other than Hayward have panned out in the first three rounds drafted by Ted?!?!?! Upgrade the front 7, get an impact player that can help out the pass rush! A good consistent pass rush helps out your secondary!!! Lol

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see us trading up, but I don't think we move back, we need a first round grade guy and there won't be many more than 15 or so of them. The QB's going heavy in front of us will help for sure.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I’d be happy w/ Edmunds or Smith! Pack already has a Chubb type in Nick Perry.

I would be much happier with the pass rusher. Chubb might be stylistically similar to Perry in some ways, but Perry can't stay healthy and they need another guy as it is.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I can see us trading up, but I don't think we move back, we need a first round grade guy and there won't be many more than 15 or so of them. The QB's going heavy in front of us will help for sure.

I am betting that they're getting deals worked out ahead of time if the right guy falls to the right spot or if their top tier is wiped out by #14 or if they have a few that they like similarly and someone behind them wants to move up 2-3 spots for a QB.

They need to be prepared for all scenarios.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am betting that they're getting deals worked out ahead of time if the right guy falls to the right spot or if their top tier is wiped out by #14 or if they have a few that they like similarly and someone behind them wants to move up 2-3 spots for a QB.

They need to be prepared for all scenarios.

I'm confidant that they are. Gute talked about going over different scenarios for the last two weeks.
It's that smokescreen time of year, but I'm seeing a lot of talk about the Packers trading up, with Ward or James being the targets. I'd hope they're also keeping an eye on their chances at Chubb and Edmunds.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm going to make one "odd prediction." At some point in the draft, the Packers trade away a late round pick for player.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I have an overwhelming feeling that every QB that goes in the first round will be a bust. I really don’t think any of these guys are first round talents. The more I hear the hype on these guys the more shocked I become. I get there are such a high number of teams that need a QB, but these guys in Allen, Mayfield, Rosen, Jackson, and Darnold all projected to go in the top 20!? Insane. Happy we have a surplus of QBs currently on the roster. I like the second tier guys in Mason Rudolph, Kyle Luetteta and Mike White, because they are second tier.

If the Packers move up for Ward, Chubb, James or Edmunds I will be THRILLED. Absolutely no need to move up for Fitzpatrick in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts