With Nick Collins Out...

packersfan152

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do we see an attempt to trade James Jones to a team for another safety? I'm sure there are teams out there suffering losses to their recieving group that may have a good solid safety to help us out.

maybe trade him, pick up West from the practice squad

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one is trading for JJ when they could have signed him. Might be able to trade Jordy Nelson though. If you want something quality you have to give up something quality.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are okay. It looks like Morgan Burnette is becoming quite the playmaker. And Peprah isn't bad. If Burnette plays like he has been then I think we will be okay. Don't get me wrong there will be a drop off. Any time you lose a 3 time pro bowler, there will be, but I don't think it will be like we now have terrible safety play. Think about this, Morgan Burnette had 3 game changing plays last week. He had the forced fumble on Steve Smith, the INT, AND on 3rd down on the panthers drive when they were trying to tie it he was the one who sacked Cam Newton. And last week him and desmond bishop were the ones who stopped ingram on the one from my perspective. Were fine, not as good as before, but were fine.

Reaction score
Does everyone forget that Peprah would probably be a starter on half the nfl teams? Remember who started in the Super Bowl? Charlie Peprah. End of story.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the packers really like Charlie Peprah. He stepped in last year and was very serviceable. Jarrett Bush is also a back up safety option if need be, and dont forget Charles Woodson. If anyone can be moved anywhere any given play it is him. Look for Capers to come up with some creative ways of picking up the slack from Collins injury.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see TT making any moves. Look at what happened last year, there were 15 guys on IR by the time all was said and done and how many moves did TT make? Keyword = Backups. Translate that to Superbowl win. I'm going to miss Collins something fierce but I'm just not seeing TT trading anybody right now, least of all Jordy Nelson and as Ivo said nobody was interested in JJ when they could of had him why would they be now? Unless somebody is hurting for receivers and that team is willing to cough up a safety of equal value. Or we could always consider picking somebody up off waivers, but you'd still have the problem of a full roster and the cap to consider. Who on the team right now is expendable to begin with and would we be able to get what we need for trading him? If I were to bet, I'd say TT isn't even shopping around. Whoever the back up safety is, (Peprah?), he's the starter now.

Hopefully Collins heals up and comes back to us for next season. It's heartbreaking to lose such a great player.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I think we are good. As long as the offense stays healthy and firing on all cylinders all the defense needs to do is keep us out of a shootout. Not many teams have the defense to stop our team from putting points on the board. I mean, I thought our offense was about as out of sync as it could be last weekend, and we still posted 30 points.

So hopefully the secondary will not have to make all of the game saving plays it made last year. I think Peprah and Burnett will be a good combo back there.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts