1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Wisconsin worst for drunk driving

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by MontanaBob, Apr 23, 2008.

1. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    An AP news story out of Washington lists Wisconsin as having the worst drunken driving rate in the country. 26.4% of the adult drivers had driven drunk in the past year.

North Dakota is second followed by Minnesota, Nebraska, and South Dakota. With no Super Bowl trophies and always losing to the Packers, I'd have thought Minnesota would have taken THAT trophy in a landslide. :lol:

Montana was sixth, down from 3rd two years ago. Guess we just don't have enough people to count. But hey, we're suppossed to hit the million population mark by 2011. :shock:

2. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hooray, I help our state in this one... but not in the good way :(

3. josdin00

josdin00 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have one friend that has been arrested for DUI. He lives in Wisconsin.
    (and an uncle in my home state of Illinois, but IL didn't make the list above.)

4. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Why is it that the northern states have such a high rate? Thoughts?

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    What? That's an outrage! This is a travesty, a miscarriage of justice!

6. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pack93z,
    My guess is the long dark winters, plus the German and Scandinavian heritage with brewing and eating rotten fish has something to do with it. :lol:

Plus, look at the number of breweries there were in Milwaukee in years gone by. Someone had to test the beer and it might as well be ordinary people.
    Plus, I'm willing to bet the state troopers and sheriffs dept. have something to do with it. You can drive clear across Montana (700+miles) and never see a State Patrol car.

Montana isn't any better though. We have the highest rate per capita of teenage drinking in the country. With all the wide open spaces and the rural atmosphere it's easy to drive a short distance to a keggar and never be noticed.

7. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    What else is there to do in the winter but drink?

It's dark at 4:30, cold as hell, and most of the girls are not much to look at as the pretty ones move away (heathie). So, you need beer goggles to have a pretty girlfriend!

8. josdin00

josdin00 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    'cause folks in the south are still trying to figure out how to pronounce 'dui'. :D

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    We have THREE times as many taverns as other places.......thus, more places to get drunk! :D