1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Wisconsin man shoots his TV

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Mr. StyleZ, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    I heard about this one on the radio yesterday. Absolutely hilarious.

Steven N. Cowan takes dancing very seriously.

The 66-year-old Wisconsin man was arrested after he allegedly became so angry watching Bristol Palin on "Dancing with the Stars"that he fired off his shotgun at his television, leading to a 15-hour standoff with state police.

According to the criminal complaint, posted by The Smoking Gun, Cowan and his wife, Janice, were watching the show Monday evening when Cowan jumped and swore as the former vice-presidential candidate's daughter shimmied across the stage.

He said something to the effect of "the ----ing politics."

The complaint added, "Steven was upset that a political figure's daughter was dancing on this particular show when Steven did not think she was a good dancer."

Cowan, who lives in the small town of Vermont, then went upstairs for 20 minutes and returned with a single-shot shotgun, which he loaded and fired into the television. His wife told cops that her husband had been drinking but she did not think he was drunk.

Scared, his wife fled the house and called 911. Police remained outside the home until 11 a.m. on Tuesday when he surrendered without incident, sheriff's spokeswoman Elise Schaffer told the Wisconsin State Journal.

The complaint said Cowan had been stressed out because of his financial situation and was currently receiving treatment for mental health issues.

It is unclear if Cowan is aware that Palin advanced to the next week's finals of the competition on Tuesday night.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...in_man_steven_cowan_takes_.html#ixzz15hoL6zyd

• Like Like x 2
  2. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I love this line from the article.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    LMAO!!! Us Philly cats here got nothing on you Wisconsins!!! We don't have many cats shooting up TVs around here. The reason he did it was even funnier, but the person I feel sorry for is poor Brandy! I fell in love with her dancing on that show!!! Freakin Bristol, wtf? If she wins it I'm gonna shoot up my TV!!!

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Wow thats just insane

5. CarolinaPackerFan

CarolinaPackerFan Packers fan in Panthers country

Ratings:
    +52
    stuff like this happens in North Carolina on a daily basis lol

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,076
  7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    The funniest part is that Dancing With the Stars actually caused it.

Funny, or the end of human civilization as we know it???