1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin is finally ranked #1...

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by bsmith_501, Feb 19, 2007.

1. bsmith_501

bsmith_501 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well deserved :thumbsup:

2. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Congrats from an Illini fan! Always wish the best for the Big Ten.

3. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    About damn time BADGERS ARE #1!

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How is Ohio State ranked above the Badgers in even one poll? I know it was a while ago, but I still have a hard time agreeing that OSU should be ranked ahead of Wisconsin when the Badgers beat them head-to-head.

5. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Not to mention the Badgers have better wins AND a better record.

They are ranked above UW in one poll because America is in love with Greg Oden. They think he is the second coming of Jesus Christ.....

6. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Badgers were ranked number one on this day Feb 20, 2007 at exactly 05:56 AM this morning, Tuesday Feb, 20 2007 on the A.P. Poll

Yes indeed.... The First time ever they are the number one ranked team! Good for the Badgers.

18 Hours later it is over. They lose, they choke. I feel for the kids, because they have never been there before and did not know how to handle it at all. Blame the coach. That is all I can say is blame the coach.

That may be the shortest Number One ranking in the history of NCAA Basketball.

However.... 18 hours as number one is better than zero hours as number one.

Bottom line is UCLA will win it all. They have the history, and the ability to go beyond 18 hours.

Raider Pride.

7. refpacker

refpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ADIOS to the number 1 Badgers, you'll never see it again.....Hope yall look forward to the third round knockout in the ncaa tourney, cause its coming!!!

8. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ohio State and Wisonsin played a tough, hard nosed game today, it will benefit both teams come the NCAA Tourney.

Wisconsin had some injuries today which may have cost them the win, the timeout at the end of the game definately changed things.

They will meet again in the Big Ten Tourney, and then hopefully in the NCAA, if that happens it would probably be in the final 4.

Great game today, good luck to both teams, I will be rooting for the Badgers except when they play The Buckeyes.

9. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If all you're going to do is tear Wisconsin down why don't you state your team so we can do the same. :noflame:

10. refpacker

refpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Texas A&M......Have at it.....But id put them up against Wisconsin any day of the week....Id also put the Texas longhorns up against them, but thats a different story.

I never bashed Wisconsin in fact im a fan of the badgers...I just dont feel like they are a number one ranked team in the polls. I feel the florida or N carolina are at the top.....

In fact my favorite college RB of all time is ron dayne.... I wish he'd get in to better shape and a team in the nfl would let him be their feature back for one year just to see what he could do...

11. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    FLORIDA OR UNC????? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Are you watching the same games I am? UF just got steamrolled by Tennessee and LSfrickingU.

I'd play a home-and-home against A&M and Texas. UT for God's sake lost to KSU at home and A&M lost to Texas Tech and Tech sucks.

12. refpacker

refpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    florida is still the number one team in the land.....I dont like it but its true...every team loses games they shouldnt, but as far as pure talent goes florida is number one...

Kansas St. is a very underated team with lots of talent and inexperience.....and bobby knight is the best coach in college basketball....However I admit neither should have lost those games...We'll see how far these teams go this month..It will be settled by the madness, however I still say both a&m and UT will go farther than wisc... Oh and florida will be in the final 4..

Let the tourney do the talking....

13. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I will and I'll laugh when UF gets knocked out in the sweet 16.

UT will not go to the Final Four. I do think, though, depending on who they are in a bracket with them, A&M will go to the Final Four.

14. refpacker

refpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I agree 100 percent....I never said UT would be in the final four, in my opinion they be knocked out of the sweet 16 or elite 8...however Texas A&M is going to go very deep, at least to the final four!!!

As for Wis. I think they are a very good team...However I think they lose in the elite 8......I feel florida will be in the final four with a chance to repeat, however repeating is not gonna be easy.

I cant wait to see the brackets...

15. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I'd have to see the brackets before I pick my FF teams. If I had to choose now, I'd choose UW, UCLA, Texas A&M, and possibly Georgetown