Wisconsin Badgers ( I Have First Topic Ya ME!!)

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team has come together much quicker than I thought they would. They are extremely young at RB, WR, TE and they have players at those positions playing like upperclassmen.

The defense has also stepped it up a notch from last year.

The new coaching staff seems to be ab le to make good game plans, have in game adjustments, and goes for the kill when they have an opponent down. Barry seemed to play with and keep the opponents in the game too often.

With the way the schedule sets up for the rest of the year, at worst they should have 3 losses, but I would not be surprised with 1 or 2 and a very nice bowl game.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
correct me if I am wrong, but haven't they only played one decent team and got spanked?

What is the combined record of the teams they have beat?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
correct me if I am wrong, but haven't they only played one decent team and got spanked?

Interesting~~ there is an article on jsonline aobut this very thing..

here are some things you asked and some other things..

UW has played just one team currently ranked in the polls, Michigan, and it is possible that number won't change until the bowl game.

Second, several Big Ten teams have reshaped their rosters with young players and are typically struggling. The league is very strong at the top but weaker at the bottom than in past seasons.

~~~

The 14-point loss in the Big Ten opener at Michigan revealed UW's potential and that loss looks even better almost five weeks later. Michigan (8-0, 5-0) has climbed to No. 2 in the Bowl Championship Series standings, behind No. 1 Ohio State (8-0, 4-0), a team UW has the misfortune of missing this season.

As well as UW has played in its current four-game winning streak, outscoring its opponents by a combined 165-41, the fact UW was within striking distance of Michigan in the fourth quarter should tell voters what they need to know about this team.

That four-quarter slugfest was no fluke and UW isn't that far behind the best two teams in the Big Ten, though Iowa will have something to say about who finishes No. 3 in the league when it plays host to UW on Nov. 11.

~~~~~
24-3 victory at Purdue, UW held the Boilermakers 30.1 points below their scoring average and limited their passing attack, No. 4 in the nation at the time, to a season-low 187 yards. UW has allowed just two touchdown passes, both at Michigan, and has since defended 124 passes without surrendering the end zone.

~~~
I dont know about anyone else, but if you hold the #4 passing attack to a season low that is impressive, not to merntion holding them 30 points BELOW their scoring average has to be nothing short of outstanding..

A poll there asks are they over rated, under rated or rated perfect..1700 people and around 45% voted either under rated and about 40% ranked just right

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes the schedule has been favorable, and no they did not get spanked. The Michigan game on the road was competitive for 3 quarters and ended with a 14 point loss.

The schedule will continue to be favorable, with a home game v Penn State and away v Iowa being the most difficult on paper.

Again, very young at skill positions save QB. New HC and a number of assistants. I am happy. :thumbsup:

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, PSU is garbage, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Badgers blow it. I hope not, but I tend to keep my expectations low w/ them.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Win or lose Wisconsin has clinched the Capital One Bowl. There playing for recruits now pretty much. They won't get a better Bowl and they won't get a worse Bowl either.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They had a 10-0 lead over the Hawkeyes but the Hawkeyes Finally got fired up (after playing 10 games without being fired up) and made it 14-10 but Hawks defense still to sluggish Wisconsin at the Half 17-14

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They had a 10-0 lead over the Hawkeyes but the Hawkeyes Finally got fired up (after playing 10 games without being fired up) and made it 14-10 but Hawks defense still to sluggish Wisconsin at the Half 17-14

17-14 Badgers.......

Donovan is playing for Stocco...

8 mins or so to go in 3rd

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes give props to Donovan, I say he played way better than Stocco would of, sorry not a fan of stocco. Iowa had two big chances to win 28-24 but they screwed it up. On 4th and 7 if Dominque Douglas wouldn't of dropped that pass (wide open I might add) they could of scored or atleats kicked a field goal and went into OT. Could of Would of Should of, Iowa is still 6-5.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well they should beat Buffalo and finish 11-1. Right now their #9 in the BCS and with the extra BCS Bowl now that means 2 extra teams get an at large bid.

Your probably looking at..

Big Ten - Ohio State or Michigan
Big East - Rutgers or West Virginia
Pac 10 - USC
SEC - Florida or Arkansas
ACC - Georgia Tech
Big 12 Texas

So that's 6. Then the 4 at large bids would be giving too...

1. Michigan
2. Notre Dame
3. Arkansas
4. Wisconsin

They may have an outside shot at the Fiesta Bowl. They need some help in the polls and Michigan beating Ohio State will definately help them in the computers so there is an outside chance.

West Virginia needs to lose. Florida or Arkansas need to lose which will happen and USC needs to beat ND. If all that happens they have a legit shot at the Fiesta Bowl.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 teams from the same conference can not all go to a BCS game.

You are right. I did some research and found the rule. That's a stupid rule. If Wisconsin jumps to #6 in the BCS they should be giving an at large bid but because of this they will have to be passed over. So Wisconsin will play in the Capital One Bowl this year.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the first time that the Wisconsin Badgers have ever had eleven regular season wins........ever! Very impressive by the rookie head coach! It was not a very impressive win today, though.

Members online

Latest posts