1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Winter has arrived in Missoula

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by MontanaBob, Nov 19, 2007.

1. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What started out yesterday (sunday) as a light snow during the Packer game on TV turned into one old monster of a storm. When I got up this morning we had about 12" on the ground at my house and it was snowing heavily.
    Up at my school I teach at, which is in the North Foothills of Missoula we have 17 inches of heavy, wet snow, with still another 4-6 inches predicted by midnight.
    The only good thing about this is the Grizzly football team has drawn Wofford for the first round of the Football Championship Divison playoffs and everyone was praying for snow and cold. WE GOT IT!!

And NO!! I am not going to play with the Buffalo again this year with one of my shortcuts. :lol:

2. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah snow!!

Aw Bob, and I was so looking forward to you regaling us with the further adventures of Buffalo Bob. :p

3. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Vikes,
    Don't worry. By the end of winter I will probably come up with something else that will keep my reputation as a "Do it first....then worry!" kind of guy.

Total of 22 inches of snow at my house. Sick of it already.

4. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's in the 50s here and these silly Californians are complaining about how cold it is. My God. They'd never survive real cold.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Saturday morning while i was sitting out in the woods, it started snowing like a son of a gun. But we only got about an inch, and by 11am it melted cause the temperature got above freezing.

6. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Up here in Michigans Upper Peninsula we got about a foot of heavy wet snow but by Nov. 15th, the opening day of rifle deer season, it had all melted away.
    My 15 year old son shot a 3 point buck on opening day and thankfully he dropped him right in his tracks as tracking without snow would have been difficult.
    As of today we have about 1 inch of that white fluffy stuff on the ground.

7. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know! Buncha whiners live out here! I actually got an email alert from a weather site I subscribe to (for the 3 days a year we actually get weather!) "Winter Weather Warning" - apparently there is a chance of overnight frost up in the Lucerne and Apple valleys. Brrrrr :lol:

8. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Missoula travel options... :thumbsup:

[​IMG]