Winfield has sprained foot

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to reduce your arguments to calling others kids... You can do better ;)
He cracks me up though! I am glad he is part of the packer faithful now. you have to admit he is way over the top disregarding san fran, baltimore, pittsburg The bears at home, Arizona and the Vikings as a formidable foe. To be the Man you have to beat the man and not talk about it!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He cracks me up though! I am glad he is part of the packer faithful now. you have to admit he is way over the top disregarding san fran, baltimore, pittsburg The bears at home, Arizona and the Vikings as a formidable foe. To be the Man you have to beat the man and not talk about it!
I also don't see san fran as a though adversary. I do see you and baltimore as though beatable opponents. I'm saving my oppinion on Arizona, because it's the last game of the season, so much could change by then. Bears and Pittsburgh I not only see them as though, but I see a loss, even if we can mantain the D like they played against DET and if we improve our OL, mainly because we don't have a good runner, and there's only so much our OL can improve. If those games were at home, it would be a different discussion.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also don't see san fran as a though adversary. I do see you and baltimore as though beatable opponents. I'm saving my oppinion on Arizona, because it's the last game of the season, so much could change by then. Bears and Pittsburgh I not only see them as though, but I see a loss, even if we can mantain the D like they played against DET and if we improve our OL, mainly because we don't have a good runner, and there's only so much our OL can improve. If those games were at home, it would be a different discussion.
fair input, that new packer fan though is so ridicoulis in his statements that it just cracks me up. the vikings are 6-0 and I am not disregarding anybody..

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Actually, what I said was that two of our losses would be to Pitt and Chicago at Chicago and possibly AZ & Balt, otherwise I would have said we'd be 14/2 instead of 11/5 or 10/6

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a little bit different then asking a guy to kill him self if it doesnt come true
break those words down so you can understand them. I didn't ask him to kill himself I asked if he would in fact kill himself if he was wrong

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Longtime, he's just worried about next Sunday. Such a letdown, thinking your team is untouchable because they beat Detroit, Rams, and Cleveland.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Longtime, he's just worried about next Sunday. Such a letdown, thinking your team is untouchable because they beat Detroit, Rams, and Cleveland.
you forgot about the lame packers we also beat truth be told but you are right those four teams are lame, When did I say they would beat pittsburg? They are the defending superbowl champions on their own turf it will be a big game and again the packers will get little coverage much like last week

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bot a good sign. But I dont think the viks secondary are as bad as advertised in the 4th qtr of the ravnes game

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better to be overlooked like the Packers, than to have everyone think you're a bigger powerhouse than you are. The Vikes have a good team, just not as great as touted. I like that some are starting to write off the Pack, sometimes better to start out 3/2 than 6/0. Before anyone jumps all over that, of course I'd rather be 6/0, but **** happens. We may be down, but definately not out. Listening to some of the bull you'd think we were 0/6.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Better to be overlooked like the Packers, than to have everyone think you're a bigger powerhouse than you are. The Vikes have a good team, just not as great as touted. I like that some are starting to write off the Pack, sometimes better to start out 3/2 than 6/0. Before anyone jumps all over that, of course I'd rather be 6/0, but **** happens. We may be down, but definately not out. Listening to some of the bull you'd think we were 0/6.

In many ways you could argue the same about this seasons Vikings ... - And in some way I think the players on that team are up for the challenge ...

Most of the fans (including the Vikings own) as well as alot of experts and analysists seem to be doing the same ...

First it was against the Packers ... The Vikings won ... Then all were saying the "real" test would come against the Ravens ... again the Vikings won ... - Now most are saying that the Ravens are not that good because of this and that, and that the real test (once again) will be against the Steelers (which only adds to make that game even more interesting to watch now ...) ... - However ... from my perspective ... every game is a "test" ... doesn't matter who you are playing really ... as all the players are (or should be lol) "professionals" ...

I also think alot of fans are reading way more into postulations than suppposed to ... While the opposite can be said about those teams that aren't doing so well ...

Anyone remember the 10-0 Titans ? or the 16-0 Patriots ? Point being that there is still alot of Football left to be played. IF I were New Orleans Saints, I would probably be a little worried and try to seriously down play my own situations, because as it seems, they are setting themselves up for a disappointment ... None seem to be addressing the fact that the Saints have been this "dominant" before (at this point in the season) and while everyone has the Saints pegged as a "super-team" (and winning the NFC division) ... the Saints have yet to produce in the Play Offs in those seasons ...

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In many ways you could argue the same about this seasons Vikings ... - And in some way I think the players on that team are up for the challenge ...

Most of the fans (including the Vikings own) as well as alot of experts and analysists seem to be doing the same ...

First it was against the Packers ... The Vikings won ... Then all were saying the "real" test would come against the Ravens ... again the Vikings won ... - Now most are saying that the Ravens are not that good because of this and that, and that the real test (once again) will be against the Steelers (which only adds to make that game even more interesting to watch now ...) ... - However ... from my perspective ... every game is a "test" ... doesn't matter who you are playing really ... as all the players are (or should be lol) "professionals" ...

I also think alot of fans are reading way more into postulations than suppposed to ... While the opposite can be said about those teams that aren't doing so well ...

Anyone remember the 10-0 Titans ? or the 16-0 Patriots ? Point being that there is still alot of Football left to be played. IF I were New Orleans Saints, I would probably be a little worried and try to seriously down play my own situations, because as it seems, they are setting themselves up for a disappointment ... None seem to be addressing the fact that the Saints have been this "dominant" before (at this point in the season) and while everyone has the Saints pegged as a "super-team" (and winning the NFC division) ... the Saints have yet to produce in the Play Offs in those seasons ...

Point well taken, but that's what makes football so much fun. Sometimes you've got to believe it was "the coaching" or the "bad calls" or the "other team didn't play anybody" or all the other "if it wouldn't have been for's". It couldn't possibly be that your team just sucks. If you can't make excuses then it's "only a game". Don't worry, even with all the big talk most of us worry as much or more when we are facing an "easy" team, than when facing an undefeated team. P.S. The Ravens should have made that field goal LOL

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Point well taken, but that's what makes football so much fun. Sometimes you've got to believe it was "the coaching" or the "bad calls" or the "other team didn't play anybody" or all the other "if it wouldn't have been for's". It couldn't possibly be that your team just sucks. If you can't make excuses then it's "only a game". Don't worry, even with all the big talk most of us worry as much or more when we are facing an "easy" team, than when facing an undefeated team. P.S. The Ravens should have made that field goal LOL

I would say it also has alot to do with "expectations" ... and what people have been "accustomed" to ...

In most cases where teams have been a "sure-in" for the play-offs in almost all seasons, or producing a winning season in terms of having more wins than loses, will get the fanbase expecting "more" every time ... and when that doesn't happen people get "upset" ... however, personally, I don't think that is an excuse for losing sight of the "facts" ... Ofcourse all the "trash-talking" makes it even more interesting to read (would be rather dull if everyone were agreeing LOL) ... So on that note ...

"How 'bout 'dem CowboyZ?"

:happy0005:

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say it also has alot to do with "expectations" ... and what people have been "accustomed" to ...

In most cases where teams have been a "sure-in" for the play-offs in almost all seasons, or producing a winning season in terms of having more wins than loses, will get the fanbase expecting "more" every time ... and when that doesn't happen people get "upset" ... however, personally, I don't think that is an excuse for losing sight of the "facts" ... Ofcourse all the "trash-talking" makes it even more interesting to read (would be rather dull if everyone were agreeing LOL) ... So on that note ...

"How 'bout 'dem CowboyZ?"

:happy0005:

Right, it wouldn't be any fun if everyone agreed, the boards would be empty, but I do like to see everyone play nice. Actually, what does upset me, is watching how upset everyone gets with their respective teams just a few games into the season. I, personally, never give up hope until all hope is gone. And I just want to add that even though I'm not a Cowboys fan, I was sorry to see them lose the first night in their new stadium.:viksux:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could say he should made the field goal but maybe Jared allen should of nocked the ball out of flacco's hand and the TD could of stood that was called back. The Vikings had a TD called back scored by kevin Williams.It got reviewed and the correct call was made but that was super close. Flacco's arm was barely moving forward to be an incomplete pass after ruled a TD on the field.They got it right but that was huge to lose that review.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What bull would that be? point it out to me please. Your telling us is whats going to happen in the future and I am the one putting bull out there? That Vikings sux sign is way cool BTW. You are so neato groovy cool! You just look mature with that.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could say he should made the field goal but maybe Jared allen should of nocked the ball out of flacco's hand and the TD could of stood that was called back. The Vikings had a TD called back scored by kevin Williams.It got reviewed and the correct call was made but that was super close. Flacco's arm was barely moving forward to be an incomplete pass after ruled a TD on the field.They got it right but that was huge to lose that review.

That's why the I put the LOL. Don't get nervous, I was kidding. BTW, glad you think I'm cool.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What bull would that be? point it out to me please. Your telling us is whats going to happen in the future and I am the one putting bull out there? That Vikings sux sign is way cool BTW. You are so neato groovy cool! You just look mature with that.

you know, you use the crystal ball and the future thing so much, but yet your so fast to spout of on what the Viks will do..

So from now on every time I see a prediction of yours I am going to use YOUR OWN words till you learn to ****

And that is some good ole smack...or is it?

Members online

Latest posts