Willis McGahee

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised...

Every player, coach, broadcaster, mascot that is on the market has a thread speculating how they will most likely end up in Green Bay...we've got one player on the market who hasnt been mentioned who I think would be a great fit here...

Mcgahee's (agent's) desire to have him traded over the last two weeks has come up, today on ESPN I read how the Bills are having trouble finding a team thats interested, it sounds like the highest offer they've recieved is a 4th round pick...that's a lean price to pay I think

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=4481

His production dropped off but only due to lack of carries...the Bills didn't run much at all, only 400 carries as a team (259-McGahee, 100-Anthony Thomas), I think a 3rd rounder for Willis McGahee is something that would be worth considering, then let Ahman sign elsewhere and we get 6 years younger at tailback...

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know why but I have always looked at Willis McGahee and saw some comparisions with Ahman Green. If Green is gone for good I think the pack should give him a shot.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if we obtained McGahee for a 3rd round pick, but I doubt it's in the cards for us.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather spend a 3rd round pick on Willis over Moss

I wouldn't. McGahee is going to demand a huge contract. He wants to be paid as an elite back and he's not on a level of Shaun Alexander. His agent is Drew Rosenhaus and we all saw how it worked out with Javon Walker. McGahee is no doubt worth a 3rd round pick but if Randy Moss is willing to restructure his contract to 4 or 5 mil a year then I rather have Moss.

John Clayton reported on the radio last night that restructuring Moss’ deal isn't going to be a problem but agreeing on a compensation would be.

Reaction score
Well said Porky, I was wondering if his agent was Drew because I remember all these articles after WM got drafted about how Drew did a great job as his agent to keep him in round 1 and etc.

I read somewhere that there are still concerns with McGahee's knee, and how much longevity he will have ...

Also I'm not sure if a small town like GB would be the best place for him...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts