1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Willis McGahee

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by HatestheEagles084, Mar 2, 2007.

1. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm surprised...

Every player, coach, broadcaster, mascot that is on the market has a thread speculating how they will most likely end up in Green Bay...we've got one player on the market who hasnt been mentioned who I think would be a great fit here...

Mcgahee's (agent's) desire to have him traded over the last two weeks has come up, today on ESPN I read how the Bills are having trouble finding a team thats interested, it sounds like the highest offer they've recieved is a 4th round pick...that's a lean price to pay I think

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=4481

His production dropped off but only due to lack of carries...the Bills didn't run much at all, only 400 carries as a team (259-McGahee, 100-Anthony Thomas), I think a 3rd rounder for Willis McGahee is something that would be worth considering, then let Ahman sign elsewhere and we get 6 years younger at tailback...

2. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I dont know why but I have always looked at Willis McGahee and saw some comparisions with Ahman Green. If Green is gone for good I think the pack should give him a shot.

3. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if we obtained McGahee for a 3rd round pick, but I doubt it's in the cards for us.

4. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would rather spend a 3rd round pick on Willis over Moss

5. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    it makes more sense because we're more in need of a running back than a reciever, McGahee would be a threat for us right away

6. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't. McGahee is going to demand a huge contract. He wants to be paid as an elite back and he's not on a level of Shaun Alexander. His agent is Drew Rosenhaus and we all saw how it worked out with Javon Walker. McGahee is no doubt worth a 3rd round pick but if Randy Moss is willing to restructure his contract to 4 or 5 mil a year then I rather have Moss.

John Clayton reported on the radio last night that restructuring Moss’ deal isn't going to be a problem but agreeing on a compensation would be.

7. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  8. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well said Porky, I was wondering if his agent was Drew because I remember all these articles after WM got drafted about how Drew did a great job as his agent to keep him in round 1 and etc.

I read somewhere that there are still concerns with McGahee's knee, and how much longevity he will have ...

Also I'm not sure if a small town like GB would be the best place for him...

9. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187

not exactly, we're loose on both ends. Maybe we could snag both? I doubt it though