Williams to the Browns!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Citing "sources," the Washington Post reports the Browns will acquire franchise player Corey Williams from the Packers at midnight tonight.
Green Bay is looking for a second-round pick in exchange for Williams. If this report proves true, Packers GM Ted Thompson will look brilliant. By franchising Williams and putting him on the block, Thompson will have nabbed a day one pick for a player he originally appeared all but certain to lose.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They dont have a 1st round pick because they traded that one to dallas last year..

but they do have a 2nd round at # 57u so Packers would have the #57 and the #61

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um...wow is all I can say.

Actually, I'm a bit surprised the Jets aren't in the mix seeing as how they want a DT pretty badly.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'd rather have 2 or 3 high picks than 14 low draft picks. I mean, we have some holes but who are we gonna cut to make room for all these new players? I think its time for a little more quality and less quantity.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It`s either they want 2 special players from 2nd round ... or they really wana head to the top 15 1st round ... wich i would rather have 3 picks instead of 1

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well by leaking this news today, maybe one of these DT needy teams will step up with a better offer.. that may be a reason the poker faced Thompson allowed this deal to become public.. unless it leaked on the Brown's side, which would be just plain silly on their part.

Apocalypse

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is weird. Do you think their QB Derek Anderson could be involved? Favre basically announced his retirement on packers.com today. I know they say it was a dummy page (yeah, right). Derek Anderson decided NOT to sign the contract Cleveland had offered him, thus making him a RFA. Plus, come on. The Browns don't even have a 1st round pick. They are not just going to give up their 2nd round pick as well. They might as well just stay home on draft day.

My guess is the deal includes Derek Anderson, Corey Williams and another pick of ours, because like i said, they are probably looking for some picks to get back in to the 1st round. Anderson is not great, but he does remind me a little of Brett when you watch him play. He's got a big arm and he's a gunslinger.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is weird. Do you think their QB Derek Anderson could be involved? Favre basically announced his retirement on packers.com today. I know they say it was a dummy page (yeah, right). Derek Anderson decided NOT to sign the contract Cleveland had offered him, thus making him a RFA. Plus, come on. The Browns don't even have a 1st round pick. They are not just going to give up their 2nd round pick as well. They might as well just stay home on draft day.

My guess is the deal includes Derek Anderson, Corey Williams and another pick of ours, because like i said, they are probably looking for some picks to get back in to the 1st round. Anderson is not great, but he does remind me a little of Brett when you watch him play. He's got a big arm and he's a gunslinger.
Anything is possible..........but it's all just speculation.
I still think Favre is here for one more year.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No i really doubt it ... considering we do have rodgers I highly doubt they would just trade Williams for Anderson ... The packers will not sign a FA QB ... Trade for a QB or draft high a QB without having a look at a full season with Rodgers. This deal is pretty much probably Williams and a late pick ... for their 2nd pick and probably a depth player or something like that

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You have to love this time of year. This is almost exciting as the start of the season.

R.P.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Great job ... wow 2 2nd rounders ;)

where do you see 2 2nd rounders?

Citing "sources," the Washington Post reports the Browns will acquire franchise player Corey Williams from the Packers at midnight tonight.

Green Bay is looking for a second-round pick in exchange for Williams.

If this report proves true, Packers GM Ted Thompson will look brilliant. By franchising Williams and putting him on the block, Thompson will have nabbed a day one pick for a player he originally appeared all but certain to lose.

Latest posts