Williams on harris

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Williams on haris

I think this was out last year?? But yet this article says it was from this year..

skylerjheav

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Williams on haris

I don't remember hearing this before. I believe Chad Johnson said something similar last year though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Williams on haris

I don't remember hearing this before. I believe Chad Johnson said something similar last year though.

Yeah he did, but I thought this was almost the exact same thing said last year??

Cuz I recall the thing about Dre

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It must be this year because Williams mentioned that the Lions will be playing the Falcons this week, which they are. That's some very high praise from a good receiver. He's right about Harris being strong. He's thin, but did you see the way he threw Anquan Boldin around when he tackled him last week? And Boldin's a big, strong guy.

If Harris had held onto the two easy picks he could've had this year, he would be in the running for a Pro Bowl spot.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is what I was refering to

From June of this year

"I think he's the best DB in the league," Detroit's Williams said last year. "And I say that because he presses you all game. All the other ones, like (Detroit's) Dre' Bly and all the other big-time guys, they want to play off and read the quarterback. But he just presses on you and man's up. I always look at him as the biggest challenge of the year."

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet second highest CB on the team? Articles like this have to drive GM's like TT nutts. We are going to have to pay him or lose him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
one thing made me think...( this is just me and a thought, nothing else)

what if Roy and Al are great friends?? and not to many people know this and he is pushing to get Al a huge contract, and maybe Roy is going to get a kick back form it?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is Harris knows he was worth more than he was paid the last few years and now wants more money. It's a dilema for TT because of Harris' age. Al knows it's now or never to cash in on his level of ability.

At some point Harris will lose a step. Do you pay him more now to compensate what he has done in the past? That's a tough one. Would GB had paid him more if that's what it took when he wanted the deal reworked? Who knows.

The way it worked out it certainly would have been worth it and this thing wouldn't have gotten to this point. But that's the deal his agent worked out for him so it was obviously a fair deal at the time.

My gut says he can probably sustain this level for about one more year. By '08 he more than likely won't be the player he was. I doubt, however, that the Pack will be able to pay him the $10mil a year Woodson is getting. Hopefully something will work out. Right now he's a darn good player.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would try to give him a roster bonus and some incentive bonuses. That way he gets some money up front for what he has done and some in the future if he continues to perform. It won't hurt us in the future if he loses that step and I thought I read that that was what he was asking for.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good teams like the Colts are constantly playing around with Peyton manning and marvin harrison's contract to help the salary cap. They push forward bonuses and other incentives deals. This way they always have enough money to sign their draft picks and a FEW key free agents.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Good teams like the Colts are constantly playing around with Peyton manning and marvin harrison's contract to help the salary cap. They push forward bonuses and other incentives deals. This way they always have enough money to sign their draft picks and a FEW key free agents.

The Pack have done that for a while in fact Brett has re done his deal afew times to help out the team..

Under Tt however not sure if this has happened yet with ANY player..

Staff online

Latest posts