1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

William Henderson??

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JbShell, Mar 5, 2006.

1. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The real key is to make sure that you're getting your team better. Remember we were 4-12. This isn't a team on the verge of a superbowl andyou want to keep these veteran players because they can help get you there. William Henderson isn't going to get us to the SuperBowl next year. As much as I like him as a player and as a human being, you can't pay this guy a boatload of money because you have to build for the future. Sometimes you have to let an old guy go. I wish there were no cap and you could keep everyone, but that's not the way it is.

2. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    It wasn't William Henderson's fault the team was 4-12...the guy has continued to bust his a$$ and he deserves at least a one year deal and no more than two because of his age. Those that want to just drop him and get Leach in the backfield must be smokin' something really good! Number one, Leach couldn't catch a cold much less a football and his blocking isn't all that much better than WH. If you want WH gone, put somebody in there that's better....

3. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    if TT's smart - he'll let the guy have a two-year contract and that'll be it.

I've always said that William Henderson will be with the Pack, as long as Brett is.
    When Brett Favre retires... so does William Henderson.

Willie's been awesome for the Pack - no one blocks as well as he does.
    Ahman Green would NOT have had the great Seasons at Lambeau without Henderson opening up the lane(s).. no way!

You guys who say he's mediocre, aren't watchin' the lead-in on the plays, you're just watching wherever the camera leads ya to look....

Willie catches a behind the neck pass as good as anyojne I've ever watched, and there have been times when Brett had to throw it like that just to save the play. Very rarely has Henderson ever dropped the ball, unlike Ahman and others who were fumble-sick...

Remember Batman in the Eagles game at Lambeau and he came out wearin' those ridiculous rubber elbow pads..... in the friggin' rain, for cry iy iy... I jumped on that right away and it took til the half before he went in and changed around - what a crock.

No - William Henderson rates right up there with all the others - like Gilbert Brown, Ken Reuttgers, etc.

4. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    IF no CBA, then incentives count directly against the cap. It will hurt Ahman and other players you want to give incentives.

5. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Not only that IPB, but how about when WH gets the dump off pass on 3rd and 7....Brett throws the 3 yard pass and WH has to run for at least 4 after the catch...how many times does the punting unit go out the next play??? Very seldom and that's cause WH has still got some gas in the tank.

6. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just reported Green was signed now let's get William back in the fold to help him out one more year.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Gotta keep the GOOD guys together to make a push at the playoffs! Maybe these things will help Favre make up his mind to come back!

8. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If Hendo does not come back, it will be because he decides to take the money that Free Agency might offer -- not because he is not offered a short-term contract by the Packers.

I would love to see him back, but I will wait and see what happens.

9. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Henderson isnt a guy like that though I think he would turn down some more money to stay in green bay