William Henderson??

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone hear whether or not TT may retain his services. He is still a great FB and safety valve. He has been a loyal Packer and that should be rewarded

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wants a long term contract, and the Pack might not be willing to do so. So it's up in the air right now.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he wants long term? are you kidding me?

i love willie..hes great...but long term? 2 years for him is long term.

i hope that dont get ugly and he stays...

why are people selfish. he knows hes getting old.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think thats WHY! He's old, knows it, and knows this will be his last chance to get a decent contract.
Just my opinion of course!

Reaction score
Well to offer a different point, I think he just wants to make sure he stays in GB. Knowing Henderson, I wouldn't be surprised if he thought he had a good 3-4 years left in him, and with the shape he is in, he might still. Maybe he just wants security, but I wouldn't mind a few more years of William doing what he does best!

How about a contract that has maybe player options (is that even allowed in football?)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that ALWAYS worrys me is........it seems every time a player signs a long term deal (well......ALMOST everytime) they go in the TANK! It's like, i GOT my money, now i can relax!

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats why I have been a fan of Gaurenteed money with Perfomance clauses and incentives.

An I agree Freeman went to **** once he got his payday.
But I think Henderson is like Favre and more of a purest for they game. He is the consement team player. Even when Sherman tried phasing him out he kept his mouth shut and just played.

Sorry for the typos in the dark here

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh....i agree shell!!! I was thinking of Freeman when i wrote that! Hunt did that too! Got the payday, then sat back. I don't think Henderson is that way either. My only concern is.....he IS getting old. Alot of wear and tear on his body. But he IS a TEAM player.
I wish ALL NFL contracts worked on incentives! Then, players wouldn't GET the big bucks if they didn't perform!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
theres a reason we had vonta leach and everything.

i dont think willie will relax if he gets his money, but i think his body might get wore down..cuz hes an OLD FULLBACK! thats a lot of punishment. Yeah, he still hurdles over people, but i wouldnt doubt if he got bad real quick, cuz of the position.

I dont want too much money tied up into a guy who might have 1 (good) year left in him

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In his prime he was as good a fullback as there was in the game. Today he is an average to below average fullback. He can still do some things pretty well, but if your team is moving forward Henderson isn't the guy I would invest heavily in.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
below average? i disagree. he's been a terrific player for us & a great guy to boot. i agree that he probably just wants to ensure his career ends in green bay & i hope it works out that way.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Below average??? The guy just went to a Pro Bowl last season and should have gone to several more if it weren't for politics! Alstott is as much of a fullback as Favre is a nose tackle! The guy hardly ever blocked for anybody and did very little in the passing game. William was a far better player who got snubbed year in and year out...the guy's a warrior and should be kept for at least 2 seasons.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hurrah ND and pack girl. gets in my craw to hear Packer fans say that someone who has been with the Pack his entire carreer is not deserving of some consideration especially when it comes to getting a contrct done. While it is true he has not been used in the running game (all mike Sherman) he was a key to the passing game. I dont think Farve was ever sacked much on his side when tasked with blocking.

So if Henderson was a good FB who is below average then Farve was a good QB who is plain ol average huh

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
In his prime he was as good a fullback as there was in the game. Today he is an average to below average fullback. He can still do some things pretty well, but if your team is moving forward Henderson isn't the guy I would invest heavily in.

that has got to be the most rediculous thing ive ever heard. william henderson is a average fullback at worst buddy. how the heck can u say below average, like they said he made the pro bowl the season before last.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I don't recall ever hearing or reading from William that he wanted a long term contract. On his TV show I do remember him saying he felt he had a few more good years left in him and he was liking to spend those few years in GB.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's easy to answer. He's clearly not the dominant player he was two years ago. He can still play the game, but he can't beat out Vonte and he is only average at best. Do the numbers and this is the way it comes out. My point however isn't to ridicule Henderson or to diminish what he has accomplished during his tenure in Green Bay, it's simply to point out that it might be time to move forward. You cannot overpay your guys that are average to below average. That's why I said that.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, he can beat out Vonta because he's done it before and he could do it again. Sure, the Packers brass would love to see and up and comer take over for WH because it would be cheaper. The facts are that nobody has been able to unseat WH. Not Leach, not Luchey, not anyone.....

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im just saying...the reason they had those guys here was because of concern of ******* health\age. props to willie for being in shape and healthy at his age...but its still something to be ready for.

a long term contract seems silly to me. Yes, he is one of the standup guys here, but...cmon, willie! 1 year contract w\ team option, with incentives

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You people who want to just let all our veteran players go better hope you don't get what you wish for.

A team without veteran leadership will go nowhere. Wiliam Henderson is still one of the best fullbacks in the league, he is clutch on third downs, one hell of a blocker, and oh by the way what rookie or free agent isn't going to try a little harder when they see William lined up beside them on the Kick-off team ready to bust his *** down the field to make a tackle.

There are several veteran players that some on this forum feel The Packers owe nothing to and will be better without. Hopefully our new GM doesn't feel this way, everyone is in negotiations right now, the players agent is always going to try to get as much as possible, the team is always going to try for as little as possible, hopefully they will meet in the middle somewhere and deals will get done.

I know there is one guy down in Mississippi who I bet is watching real close to see how his current teamates are treated.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
veterans mean **** when they have to use a walker to get to the locker room.

he is an OLD FULLBACK

do i want him back. Yes. Do i want to wrap up multiple millions with multiple year on him? NO! thats just stupid..

id like to give everyone a big payday, but it doesnt work that way....realize.

Members online

Latest posts