Will You Keep Watching?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course I'll watch. Despite all the gloom and doom, they are still playing for something.

But if they were not playing for something...?

Yes, I will gladly watch my favorite NFL team that is one game back in their division at the midpoint of the NFL season. Lot's of football left to be played.

Does this mean if they are 3 games back in week 16 that you will stop watching them?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its like watching a gas station on fire.
It's exciting to see it as it is and then waiting for the even more exciting moment if it blows up.

I'll keep watching and get excited for the big plays and won't expect them to win but be happy if they do.
Just ride out the rest of the season and see what they bring to next year and hopefully make some changes in the office before then.
I would be a little worried about you if I was your neighbor... (just kidding).

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will always watch the Packers games if I can! You know the old saying, "The Packer's giveth and the Packer's taketh away". I always felt they were talking about our happiness.

DS

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if anything it's just an excuse to drink more beer and not have that, "am I an alcoholic" guilt trip!

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I always watch the Packers play but if things go south I usually turn the sound down and find a book to read. I thought about making drinking game of it where I take shot whenever they show McCarthy with a confused look on his face but don't think I can drink that much and make it to work Monday.

MajikMan7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But if they were not playing for something...?

Does this mean if they are 3 games back in week 16 that you will stop watching them?
No, I'll watch regardless. Just making a point that it s ridiculous that somebody would stop watching their favorite team despite them being in the midst of a playoff run. A true fan will watch regardless, but to quit on this team now? Come on...

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always watch the Packers play but if things go south I usually turn the sound down and find a book to read. I thought about making drinking game of it where I take shot whenever they show McCarthy with a confused look on his face but don't think I can drink that much and make it to work Monday.

I don't know if you could drink that much and make it to halftime.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To quit watching just because they are playing poorly is one thing I agree but to not watch because you have things going on in your life that you think are more important, I have no problem with that.

To firethorn and majikman I'm sorry if I implied you would not be watching if they were out of it, its just that the way you replied it sounded like it. I honestly did not think that was what you meant.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I can watch I watch. Since the 60's, which was not always easy before cable and Sunday Ticket. But if they are playing and I can watch, I watch.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I currently despise McCarthy, Capers, Thompson, and some of the players....there is no way I will ever quit watching the Packers.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I'll watch regardless. Just making a point that it s ridiculous that somebody would stop watching their favorite team despite them being in the midst of a playoff run. A true fan will watch regardless, but to quit on this team now? Come on...

Watching the Packers has always been entertainment to me. It is not entertaining, to me, whether sports/movies/TV, when the good guys lose. Why would I want subject myself to the pain of watching my favorites embarrass themselves, especially since the advent of recording? Do I watch my grandson's terrible sports teams, sure, because he cares that I care. Nobody connected with the Packers knows or cares who I am or whether or not I'm watching.

Despite the fact that they're not even near being mathematically out of it, I would question, given their current lineup and previous games, that they're in the midst of a playoff run. Also, the 'ridiculous' notation probably should have some sort of 'IMO' modifier.

As stated elsewhere, the definition of 'true fan' and how to tell when a person is one is also a personal opinion. I consider a true fan to be one who follows and maintains allegiance to a team through thick and thin; since the late '50s, I've seen plenty of both, and there's still only one team I hate to see lose.

Combining the above, I have not come close to quitting on this team, despite not being anxious to watch.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My friends and I have tried to change the outcome of a game "one drink at a time". I believe it has worked once.

MajikMan7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching the Packers has always been entertainment to me. It is not entertaining, to me, whether sports/movies/TV, when the good guys lose. Why would I want subject myself to the pain of watching my favorites embarrass themselves, especially since the advent of recording? Do I watch my grandson's terrible sports teams, sure, because he cares that I care. Nobody connected with the Packers knows or cares who I am or whether or not I'm watching.

Despite the fact that they're not even near being mathematically out of it, I would question, given their current lineup and previous games, that they're in the midst of a playoff run. Also, the 'ridiculous' notation probably should have some sort of 'IMO' modifier.

As stated elsewhere, the definition of 'true fan' and how to tell when a person is one is also a personal opinion. I consider a true fan to be one who follows and maintains allegiance to a team through thick and thin; since the late '50s, I've seen plenty of both, and there's still only one team I hate to see lose.

Combining the above, I have not come close to quitting on this team, despite not being anxious to watch.
I apologize for posting my opinion that you disagree with....

OP
OP
P

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said l wouldn't be watching Sunday night. I will keep tabs of the score however. Not everyone loses on this season: My cousin is 2,224 on the waitlist. He now realizes he's likely getting tickets for 2017.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Will I be watching? Absolutely. I watch the Packers whenever possible. Current record doesn't matter. There are always things to look for. Just like watching every Ted Thompson press conference. I always learn something.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will I be watching? Absolutely. I watch the Packers whenever possible. Current record doesn't matter. There are always things to look for. Just like watching every Ted Thompson press conference. I always learn something.

Well, for cryin' out loud, don't keep it to yourself! Nobody else gets anything out of a TT press conference. :)

Reaction score
I'm always gonna support my Packers. I now fly my Packer flag in enemy territory and wear my shirt proudly in public amidst mainly Dallas fans.
I listened to the radio during the Lynn ****ey days deer hunting off double OO

If I can withstand that I can withstand anything

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I said l wouldn't be watching Sunday night. I will keep tabs of the score however. Not everyone loses on this season: My cousin is 2,224 on the waitlist. He now realizes he's likely getting tickets for 2017.

I don't believe more season ticket holders will return theirs because of one bad season.

Just like watching every Ted Thompson press conference. I always learn something.

I would be great if you enlightened us about what you learn from Thompson's press conferences, especially the ones during the season. ;)

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't believe more season ticket holders will return theirs because of one bad season.

I would be great if you enlightened us about what you learn from Thompson's press conferences, especially the ones during the season. ;)
I almost never see or hear the in-season press conferences. Was referring to draft time and training camp pressers. He always drops tidbits in those about how the thought process goes.
Just don't ask him about UDFA's when he doesn't have his water bottle pacifier with him. :)

Members online

Latest posts