Will You Keep Watching?

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious if you'll still be watching next week/rest of regular season? Personally ( Call me a fairweather fan) l will be doing something else Sunday evening. Losing is one thing. Complete lack of effort is another.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may catch parts of other games every week but there's only one team I make time to watch and that's not changing

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Seriously ??? I don`t care how bad it`s got at the moment, I would never consider not watching them.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched them all through the '70's and '80's, '99, 2005-06. I guess I'm not affected by the weather.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Players made a whole lot of mistakes and they got whipped, but that doesn't mean there was a lack of effort.

Yes, I'll keep watching.

Not only do I want to keep watching, but as Packers fans we have a high commitment standard to live up to.

All the fans who kept Flambeau sold out throughout the 70s and 80s would laugh at this thread.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep. I'll be there. Although I have to admit that if they are playing badly I change the station for a while so I don't break the tv. :rolleyes:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're a trash fan if you stop watching them/give up.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always enjoy folks that determine who set the standard for who is and who isn't a fan.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Just curious if you'll still be watching next week/rest of regular season? Personally ( Call me a fairweather fan) l will be doing something else Sunday evening. Losing is one thing. Complete lack of effort is another.

Thumbs up to you for at least admitting that you are a fair weather fan, some aren't as brave to admit the obvious.

But seriously? There is an opt out clause in a Packer fan contract? That must be really tiny print that I did not read and had I, I would have crossed it out. I can see walking out of a bad movie, concert, relationship, real estate deal, etc. but this is the fricking Green Bay Packers we are talking about.......keep staring into the light!

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have not missed watching a Packer game since the beginning of the 96 season (not including pre season). Even as painful as some have been. Actually the Titans game made me laugh. It was like watching the Three Stooges play football.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For sure I will. I'll have to enjoy them in a different sort of way where I get excited about individual performances and young player development rather than postseason positioning, but that's fun too.

However, if other plans come up, I'll be less upset if I have to miss a game.

MajikMan7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I will gladly watch my favorite NFL team that is one game back in their division at the midpoint of the NFL season. Lot's of football left to be played.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the cycle of the NFL and sure at times it can be hard to get excited when you feel a loss is coming, felt that way plenty during 2005, but bleeding green and gold keeps me watching the Packers in and out of season.

Whatever someone chooses to do in regards to watching the team is their decision, but I'm getting the feeling some people really don't know how good they've had it over the last 10 ... well honestly really the last 23 years considering since 1993 the Packers have never missed the playoffs more than 2 years in a row. That's something not even the Cowboys fans can say.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll absolutely watch every play and every Packer game(haven't missed one since '88).
I 'll also watch as much as I can of other games because I love football, and I don't know if the Good Lord will be granting me any more seasons.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watch football because I enjoy it not because they win or lose.

I remember watching every game of the 1991 season and going 4-12... Didn't make football less enjoyable for me. Just didn't have the same expectations.

Sky King

Reaction score
It's not personal and I have no control of the games' outcomes. None of the coaches or players know me so I'm certain they're not trying to let me down personally for some reason or other. So, I watch purely for enjoyment's sake. There's no denying that victories are far more gratifying than losses. The sun has always come-up the next day either way.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its like watching a gas station on fire.
It's exciting to see it as it is and then waiting for the even more exciting moment if it blows up.

I'll keep watching and get excited for the big plays and won't expect them to win but be happy if they do.
Just ride out the rest of the season and see what they bring to next year and hopefully make some changes in the office before then.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Players made a whole lot of mistakes and they got whipped, but that doesn't mean there was a lack of effort.

Yes, I'll keep watching.

Not only do I want to keep watching, but as Packers fans we have a high commitment standard to live up to.

All the fans who kept Flambeau sold out throughout the 70s and 80s would laugh at this thread.

Does that include all the fans who sell their tickets for a nice profit every year?

For sure I will. I'll have to enjoy them in a different sort of way where I get excited about individual performances and young player development rather than postseason positioning, but that's fun too.

However, if other plans come up, I'll be less upset if I have to miss a game.

That's how I have felt for the last several years at least. For many of the Sunday noon games something much better and much more important has come up so I have missed a quite a few of them. Part of my problem is I don't have a TV so if I want to watch a game I have to go to a bar (I hate that scene) or I go to my sisters house. For the night games its an inconvenience for them as they have to get up early and they are not Packer fans so they really have no personal interest in the game but those are still most of the ones I do see.

The thing is its not a matter of how they are playing. I've felt this way even when they were going through their 15-1 season and before that. For me football is part of my life but it is not my life and to be honest on many occasions its not even tops on my list on game day.

Members online

Latest posts