Will Woodson coming back have any effect on Saturdays game? Why, or why not?

Packers offensive MVP?

• Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Randall Cobb

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • James Jones

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

Harrison McCaslin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
huh?

But yes I think Woodson being back will have a substantial impact on our defense.

My ipad corrected a lot of my words here

"I don't think wood is as big of a force on the field as he was earlier in his career. That being said, he's a great mental player of the game, and certainly one of the big emotional leaders on the team."
That's what I meant to type....haha

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Often some of our injured players come back late in the season or in the post season and do show plenty of sings of rust. I recall even Mark Chmura looking awkward back in 98'.
Woodson will definitely be a little off time but as the game goes on his knowledge and experience should start to take over. His hunger and his leadership are something that young guys like Burnett, Shields, Hayward, and House need in a monumental contest. And you can bet that Charles is not going to leave anything on the field. He will go all out as if it is the last game of his career. If there is one big play or one big turnover to make this is the one guy who has delivered over the past 7 years for us. I hope he baits Ponder and gets him for one or two.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, he'll make an impact. He'll be the only one on the field not afraid to tackle Peterson.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson will be a liability if he plays to much. He is already older. He has missed a lot of time with 0 starts. Hopefully we get a solid lead and he can get lots of reps.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care if Peterson runs for 200. The game will hinge on pressuring Ponder and capitalizing on his mistakes. Woodson is an important part of that.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care if Peterson runs for 200. The game will hinge on pressuring Ponder and capitalizing on his mistakes. Woodson is an important part of that.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
My opinion, yes it will positively impact the Packers defense. That said... he is not the same player he was just a year or two ago, but I think mixing him in there impacts the defense in a sense of calm. I also think he is a better player yet at this point over a MD Jennings who is often out of position and taking bad angles.

If I am Capers and Perry.. I put Woodson in McMillian's place in the 3 safety package shifting McMillian deep... and allow him to play in tandem with Burnett in the base package. If Capers blitzes Woodson over Burnett, we make some of the tackles at the LOS that Burnett misses last week. Woodson might not make the solo tackle, but he holds him long enough for help. Burnett just simply whiffed a couple of times.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
He will be a help. He is a good tackler and when he blitzes he is usually effective. I am glad he will be back. He is a solid leader and our defense needs some leadership right now. They seemed to be picking up the pace in the last few games but against Minn the looked like they were taking a step backward. Third down is a huge problem.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love Woodson, love having him back.... he's old now and he can't cover many receivers anymore, that's why he grabs and tugs and holds.
But he knows how to tackle and he's not a sissy ***** like Tramon and Davon House are. Shields is naturally timid too, but he's tried harder.
Hayward was a ***** last week too as we saw on that 3rd & long screen pass to the white RB, who ended up miraculously picking up the 1st down on the play.... so if Woodson can just add some toughness, inspire the girls back there to man-up on Peterson, it has to help.

How sweet would it be for Woody to return with a pick-6?

Cant cover wrs anymore!?!? Lol
He is a physical DB as they come. He has always played that way homie... Even in Michigan.

Maybe since he 'cant cover receivers anymore' he can cover their TE.... Since he looks to be their only receiving threat.

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The question isn't whether the Green Bay Packers are going to use Charles Woodson in their NFC wild-card playoff game against Minnesota on Saturday night, it's how are they going to use him.

Source: JSOnline.com

UpDownEndAround

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson knows how to play ball even if he has lost a step. I bet we see him give up a big pass play, but also see him make a game-changing play, most likely a forced fumble. His leadership and tackling abilities will automatically be an upgrade over MD Jennings - we should see a difference.

Members online

Latest posts