1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Will Woodson coming back have any effect on Saturdays game? Why, or why not?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by News Bot, Jan 1, 2013.

?

Packers offensive MVP?

1. Aaron Rodgers

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Randall Cobb

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. James Jones

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Harrison McCaslin

Harrison McCaslin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    My ipad corrected a lot of my words here

"I don't think wood is as big of a force on the field as he was earlier in his career. That being said, he's a great mental player of the game, and certainly one of the big emotional leaders on the team."
    That's what I meant to type....haha

• Like Like x 2
  2. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52
    Often some of our injured players come back late in the season or in the post season and do show plenty of sings of rust. I recall even Mark Chmura looking awkward back in 98'.
    Woodson will definitely be a little off time but as the game goes on his knowledge and experience should start to take over. His hunger and his leadership are something that young guys like Burnett, Shields, Hayward, and House need in a monumental contest. And you can bet that Charles is not going to leave anything on the field. He will go all out as if it is the last game of his career. If there is one big play or one big turnover to make this is the one guy who has delivered over the past 7 years for us. I hope he baits Ponder and gets him for one or two.

3. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I hope Woody wears bigger shoulder pads. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Yes, he'll make an impact. He'll be the only one on the field not afraid to tackle Peterson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Woodson will be a liability if he plays to much. He is already older. He has missed a lot of time with 0 starts. Hopefully we get a solid lead and he can get lots of reps.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,409
    Woodson should help us out some.

7. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,014
    I don't care if Peterson runs for 200. The game will hinge on pressuring Ponder and capitalizing on his mistakes. Woodson is an important part of that.

8. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,014
    I don't care if Peterson runs for 200. The game will hinge on pressuring Ponder and capitalizing on his mistakes. Woodson is an important part of that.

9. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    My opinion, yes it will positively impact the Packers defense. That said... he is not the same player he was just a year or two ago, but I think mixing him in there impacts the defense in a sense of calm. I also think he is a better player yet at this point over a MD Jennings who is often out of position and taking bad angles.

If I am Capers and Perry.. I put Woodson in McMillian's place in the 3 safety package shifting McMillian deep... and allow him to play in tandem with Burnett in the base package. If Capers blitzes Woodson over Burnett, we make some of the tackles at the LOS that Burnett misses last week. Woodson might not make the solo tackle, but he holds him long enough for help. Burnett just simply whiffed a couple of times.

10. Rocky11

Rocky11 Superbowl bound Pack

Ratings:
    +61
    He will be a help. He is a good tackler and when he blitzes he is usually effective. I am glad he will be back. He is a solid leader and our defense needs some leadership right now. They seemed to be picking up the pace in the last few games but against Minn the looked like they were taking a step backward. Third down is a huge problem.

11. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    Cant cover wrs anymore!?!? Lol
    He is a physical DB as they come. He has always played that way homie... Even in Michigan.

Maybe since he 'cant cover receivers anymore' he can cover their TE.... Since he looks to be their only receiving threat.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Probably, but I think in his first game back, he should be a situational contributor.

13. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +47
    Source: JSOnline.com

14. UpDownEndAround

UpDownEndAround Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Woodson knows how to play ball even if he has lost a step. I bet we see him give up a big pass play, but also see him make a game-changing play, most likely a forced fumble. His leadership and tackling abilities will automatically be an upgrade over MD Jennings - we should see a difference.

15. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    why is there a poll for offensive players when this thread is about woodson