Will Woodson coming back have any effect on Saturdays game? Why, or why not?

Packers offensive MVP?

• Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Randall Cobb

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • James Jones

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The Packers got a significant boost for Saturday night’s Wild Card rematch with the Vikings, as defensive back Charles Woodson has been cleared to come back from a broken collarbone. Packers coach Mike McCarthy announced that this afternoon, but held off on an update on wide receiver Jordy Nelson until tomorrow, when they’re required to…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Charles Woodson, the Packers' 15-year pro who has been idle since breaking his collarbone against the Rams on Oct. 21, was cleared for action and lined up as the starting safety at practice for the first time since the injury.

Source: JSOnline.com

Harrison McCaslin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think wood is asp big of a force on the field as he was earlier in his after. That being said, he's a great metal player of the game, and certainly one fortune big emotional leaders on the team.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think wood is asp big of a force on the field as he was earlier in his after. That being said, he's a great metal player of the game, and certainly one fortune big emotional leaders on the team.

huh?

But yes I think Woodson being back will have a substantial impact on our defense.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love Woodson, love having him back.... he's old now and he can't cover many receivers anymore, that's why he grabs and tugs and holds.
But he knows how to tackle and he's not a sissy ***** like Tramon and Davon House are. Shields is naturally timid too, but he's tried harder.
Hayward was a ***** last week too as we saw on that 3rd & long screen pass to the white RB, who ended up miraculously picking up the 1st down on the play.... so if Woodson can just add some toughness, inspire the girls back there to man-up on Peterson, it has to help.

How sweet would it be for Woody to return with a pick-6?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson will be hungry to make plays and thats what we need. I need to see one of his signature forced fumbles or a pick six to tie him for first with Rod Woodson for int returns for Td's. Every db grabs and holds at times young or older but it doesn't mean they can't cover. I watched film on him in Oaklnad and he did the exact same thing except the NFL was not so for the offense back then and they wouldn't call it as much.

Hopefully Tramon Williams has heard and seen how bad he looked in the last meeting..especially in the run game and he takes it personal. He looked bad numerous times and if he shows any sign he doesn't wanna tackle he needs to be on the bench.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson is ready, but he'll most likely just be back at the form he was at in Week 1. That's okay though. The Vikings don't have a Marshall or Megatron. Shields, Williams, and Heyward can cover the receivers. Woodson will be in there to shore up the run and to confuse Ponder's defensive reads.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson doesn't put big licks on players very often, so I don't think it matters too much. Watch his tackles. Often he will wrap his arms and legs around a guy to bring him down or come from the side and go for the turnover. I don't think that a lack of hitting in practice will be hard for Woodson to overcome

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson should be used solely as the extra man in the box. He's not a cover guy anymore and it's not like we need extra cover guys against Minnesota. He just needs to play aggressive and light a fire up the secondary's *** to play tougher. One cause for concern I have, though, is how aggressive he'll be coming off a shoulder injury. He's never been a timid player, and don't expect him to change. But, at the same time, he hasn't had any contact for months. You have to wonder how it'll affect him. Hopefully the first hit will get him back in the game and he'll get back to his assertive self.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson should be used solely as the extra man in the box. He's not a cover guy anymore and it's not like we need extra cover guys against Minnesota. He just needs to play aggressive and light a fire up the secondary's *** to play tougher. One cause for concern I have, though, is how aggressive he'll be coming off a shoulder injury. He's never been a timid player, and don't expect him to change. But, at the same time, he hasn't had any contact for months. You have to wonder how it'll affect him. Hopefully the first hit will get him back in the game and he'll get back to his assertive self.

I still think woodson can cover better than average. I think he will be fine tackling and hitting and playing with the same passion he always plays with. Of course we will all find out this weekend...

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think woodson can cover better than average. I think he will be fine tackling and hitting and playing with the same passion he always plays with. Of course we will all find out this weekend...

He's a football player. Of course there will be some rust but it wont take him long at all the get into the swing of things. Practice and games are different yes.. but at the same time you have to remember Woodson has been the type of player who wouldn't even practice and still play at a high level in the game. That my friends is why i'm not worried about him and history proves me to be correct:tup:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He won't play in the backfield at all...since he plays on defense.

Not that I have to do this, as I think your being sarcastic or funny..But in off chance you are serious.

https://www.google.com/search?q=def...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

http://football.about.com/cs/football101/g/gl_defensivebaf.htm

About Football Glossary - Defensive Backfield
Definition: 1. The area of the field behind the defensive linemen that is defended by the defensive backs.
2. Refers to the defensive backs themselves.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that I have to do this, as I think your being sarcastic or funny..But in off chance you are serious.

https://www.google.com/search?q=defensive backfield&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

Defensive Backfield and Backfield are two different terms, although I was being sarcastic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backfield

The backfield is the area of an American football field behind the line of scrimmage. The backfield or offensive backfield can also refer to members of offense who begin plays behind the line, typically including any backs on the field, such as the quarterback, running back, and/or fullback.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He won't play in the backfield at all...since he plays on defense.

Wondering why you singled me out and not Hypon? He didnt call me out?
longtimefan said:
He wont play in backfield as much...Will be more of a hybrid safety​
Pretty much what I'm expecting too. We may see just a little bit of him as a LB, but not as a rusher.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wondering why you singled me out and not Hypon? He didnt call me out?
longtimefan said:
He wont play in backfield as much...Will be more of a hybrid safety​

Hypon didn't use the backfield term.

I was being sarcastic in my comment, even though I was correct, nothing personal.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Hypon didn't use the backfield term.

I was being sarcastic in my comment, even though I was correct, nothing personal.
I intended to, I didn't mean our defensive backfield though, I meant the opponent's backfield. Wood will rotate in and out at SS and even see snaps as a fifth, run defending LB. JMO

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts