Will the Packers win in Seattle? You bet they will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I know what you mean but here's what passes for "love" in the NFL and Sam got plenty of it:
"3/8/2014: Signed a four-year, $39 million contract. The deal included a $12.5 million signing bonus. Shields is eligible for annual $500,000 workout bonuses, and an annual $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses throughout the contract's life. 2014: $1.5 million, 2015: $2.5 million (+ $2.5 million roster bonus), 2016-2017: $8 million, 2018: Free Agent"
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6268/sam-shields

Yeah he got the contract which he deserved. A total bargain when you consider the Seahawks over paid Sherman 14 mill a year. I am talking more about league and fan recognition. Shields is relatively an unknown when discussions of "top cover corners" come up. IMO he is one of the best and only getting better.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matthews always concerns me between "hamstrings" and now 'thumb" which can be a little nerving. My main point was the Seahawks aren't all that healthy right now and there using training camp to get guys healthy which isn't a good thing. Plus, there back up TE just snapped his achilles and guys are pulling hamstrings already. Sound familiar?

I know it's early but they weren't having those types of injuries last year other then Harvin hurting himself playing softball. It's just a matter of time before that guy goes down with something.
What's next for Seattle? Their coach Pete Carroll getting tooth decay or chewing up his tongue from all the gum chomping he does?

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thing I feel good about the Packers and this game is that we got Julius Peppers.
I am really looking forward to see how he can help us.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Another thing I feel good about the Packers and this game is that we got Julius Peppers.
I am really looking forward to see how he can help us.

Yep. the rejuvenated "lean and mean Peppers". Came to get a ring. Loves it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
What's next for Seattle? Their coach Pete Carroll getting tooth decay or chewing up his tongue from all the gum chomping he does?

Yeah. He has to chew on that gum because of all the nervous energy going on as he cheats.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Yeah. He has to chew on that gum because of all the nervous energy going on as he cheats.

He chews that gum so damn fast, I bet he has the jaw muscle of a pit bull dog.

Sherman is effective in mainly one way: He is good at jamming the WR off the line and commits many uncalled holding penalties in the process. How to beat that?: A strong WR that can put him on his butt of one with a damn good first step and double move.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
We will be able to score on Seattle. I know we will. Their pass rush is not going to be what it was last year without Chris Clemons. I like our chances. I'd like to expose Russell Wilson for what he is.....a guy thats really good at handing the ball off and throwing 8 passes a game.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We will be able to score on Seattle. I know we will. Their pass rush is not going to be what it was last year without Chris Clemons. I like our chances. I'd like to expose Russell Wilson for what he is.....a guy thats really good at handing the ball off and throwing 8 passes a game.

Yep. There most likely going to have a rookie starting at right tackle opposite Clay. Cant wait.

The Seahawks offense is simple. Pound Lynch and then have Russell run around "sideline to sideline" and chuck the ball down field.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The guy you´re talking about, Anthony McCoy, didn´t play last year either, so I´m quite sure they will be able to deal with his loss. I don´t know a lot about the injuries they´ve suffered in camp so far, but I´m quite sure they will be a tough team to beat on Sept. 4.

Another guy you hyped up Jessie "the Monstar" Williams. "Leaving field on cart"

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I'm not looking forward to is putting up with Chris Collinsworthless.
Al Michaels, I like. But CC just comes across as being a smug Mr. Know-It-All and we will probably have to put up with the same from halftime commentary by Bob Costas. That's where I am thankful for the mute feature or the FF and the DVR.
Oh well. It could be worse. Thankfully the game isn't being called by Vic (I'm-Not-A-Packers-Fan-But-I-Act-Like-It-Just-So-You-All-Will-Love-Me-Anyway) Ketchman.
Don't ever let that other smug know-it-all ever near a broadcast booth. It's bad enough having him on the Packers website.

Wpg-GBP#1Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Packers are on the road....we don't really have a full crowd against us, we usually have 10,000 cheering us on anyways

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I'm not looking forward to is putting up with Chris Collinsworthless.
Al Michaels, I like. But CC just comes across as being a smug Mr. Know-It-All and we will probably have to put up with the same from halftime commentary by Bob Costas. That's where I am thankful for the mute feature or the FF and the DVR.
Oh well. It could be worse. Thankfully the game isn't being called by Vic (I'm-Not-A-Packers-Fan-But-I-Act-Like-It-Just-So-You-All-Will-Love-Me-Anyway) Ketchman.
Don't ever let that other smug know-it-all ever near a broadcast booth. It's bad enough having him on the Packers website.
Living in NYC, I was unaware that Ketchman was ever in a broadcast booth. I am wary of the guy. He is a bit too milk toast for me.
I actually like Collinsworth compared to a lot of the others. Kornheiser was outright insufferable, and I am convinced that ugly sonofa***** only gets work because of NEPOTISM. Indeed, when Rodgers took the fierld on his first start, the dude compared Thompson's choice to McCain going with Palin. Even though or perhaps because I am someone who holds some pretty far right views (although certainly not with Republian orthodox or even American mainstream), such an analogy is incredibly stupid for as many as reasons as there are stars in the skies. People give Dennis Miller a lot of flack but for me he was good compared to Kornheiser. I don't even like the current ESPN team but it sure is better than it was. I think this is an important topic that deserves a separate thread.
To get back on subject, I am cautiously optimistic but still realistic about this game. I think we definitely have a cahnce to win this game, but it would still be an upset. Which will make it just that much more sweeter if it does happen.
Oh and if anyone knows how to make voodoo or witchcraft work, pm me. I want to have a little date with Lance Easley.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Living in NYC, I was unaware that Ketchman was ever in a broadcast booth. I am wary of the guy. He is a bit too milk toast for me.
Ketchman has never broadcasted a game that I am aware of. Maybe he has been in a booth for some commentary as a guest or called games for another team. But again, I don't know and would hate to have him as a full time broadcaster for the Packers.
I did not mean to imply that he has ever been in a booth.

What does the phrase, "milk toast" mean? Please explain. Thank you.

I like Jon Gruden and am looking forward to having that ex-Packers coach call the Mon. night Packers game.
He reminds me of John Madden who I miss.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ketchman has never broadcasted a game that I am aware of. Maybe he has been in a booth for some commentary as a guest or called games for another team. But again, I don't know and would hate to have him as a full time broadcaster for the Packers.
I did not mean to imply that he has ever been in a booth.

I will answer this in my new thread on point.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
What does the phrase, "milk toast" mean? Please explain. Thank you.
Dictionary.com defines the word "milquetoast" as "a very timid, unassertive, spineless person, especially one who is easily dominated or intimidated".

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He wasn't going to turn down the money. This is his last season. Well see how hard he runs or has left in the tank and they still haven't fixed there offensive line.

Lacy is the future.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wasn't going to turn down the money. This is his last season. Well see how hard he runs or has left in the tank and they still haven't fixed there offensive line.

Lacy is the future.
I can't wait to watch Lacy shred their D-Fence and shut up the 12th man while doing so.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I can't wait to watch Lacy shred their D-Fence and shut up the 12th man while doing so.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Oh I know. I've been waiting for almost two years for this game and the offensive line looks like it's going to be a real force.

I'm just crossing my fingers nothing bad happens between now and then.

"banner night" lol

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Seattle Seahawk rookie Tackle Justin Britt suffered shoulder injury at Seahawks mock game today. If this is serious there O-line is in huge trouble. There other right tackle is already out with shoulder injury.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Michael Bowie there starting right Tackle is going to Injured Reserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts