Will the Packers win in Seattle? You bet they will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawks12thman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either way. I have no problem if we lose in admitting we were not the better team.
I don't want to troll, I just want to talk to opposing fans to get a pulse on the game. Gets boring to hear how great our team is all the time with other Hawk fans. Aaron Rodgers is more that capable of winning on any field and this could be the first of two meetings between our teams.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to troll, I just want to talk to opposing fans to get a pulse on the game. Gets boring to hear how great our team is all the time with other Hawk fans. Aaron Rodgers is more that capable of winning on any field and this could be the first of two meetings between our teams.
its all good. In the grand scheme of things in matters nothing to the lives of us to the extent we allow it. And if a win by a football team is what brings joy into your life, I would pity that person.

with that, good luck Sunday and here is to a good game. Cheers!

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score

I think we can finally get by SF this year and Thursday is indeed the first game of 2 this year

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
They have a punt returner, Bryan Walters and every once in a while Earl Thomas.
It isn't just that the Hawks have scored but the fact they have been unstoppable through the air. Wilson maybe the MVP.

If your only analysis is that Harvin will get injured then what does that say about how you really feel about your team? You conveniently forgot about Kearse and Baldwin. I am no fortune teller but I honestly have no idea how teams are going to stop our O??

Some of you are going to be in for a rude awakening this Thursday.. (Which can't come fast enough)

MVP? A couple pre-season games and now Russell Wilson could be MVP? Are you serious? The guy throws the ball 25 times a game and averages about 210 yards passing a game. He couldn't even lock down the Super bowl MVP.

Hey, I know hawk nation thinks there going to have this "juggernaut offense" but lets just see what happens. I would hardly call running it up in the pre-season on the Bears and Chargers reason to start throwing around MVP to Russell Wilson or nobody is gonna be able to stop you.

You got question marks at both tackles IMO and Harvin hasn't played a full season in how long? I'm also not ready to put Baldwin and Kearse up there with the top receivers in the league. These guys combined for "72 catches" and "1124 yards" and "9 TD's". That's combined buddy. I wouldn't call that "elite" or "top level" by any means. Along with all of that Lynch is starting to show signs of "bald tires".

Geez, I thought I was getting excited about our defense this year but I would never expect or think or say "nobody is going to be able to move the ball or score on us this year". Might want to slow it down a little there turbo with all this "nobody will stop our offense" hype. I can't wait for the big "rude awakening"

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have a punt returner, Bryan Walters and every once in a while Earl Thomas.
It isn't just that the Hawks have scored but the fact they have been unstoppable through the air. Wilson maybe the MVP.

If your only analysis is that Harvin will get injured then what does that say about how you really feel about your team? You conveniently forgot about Kearse and Baldwin. I am no fortune teller but I honestly have no idea how teams are going to stop our O??

Some of you are going to be in for a rude awakening this Thursday.. (Which can't come fast enough)

So which is it?

Tokadub

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So first of all let me just say I am a Seahawks fan, but this is my top 5 list of QB's in the league (so you guys know I'm not some hater of your team).

1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Tom Brady
3) Peyton Manning
4) Drew Brees
5) Russell Wilson

I could see Wilson moving up from the #5 spot during this season though, and it will most likely be Wilson and Aaron Rodgers as the clear cut #1 and #2 QB's in the league in the near future. Brady, Manning, and Brees are all old and I don't think anyone else in the league comes close to these top 5 I just listed.

Now before you jump all over me with "this is crazy talk!" let's just look at some stats of how Wilson compares to other top QB's:

Touchdown/Interception Ratio:

Wilson: 2.74 (if he continues at this rate he'll be ranked 2nd ALL TIME behind Aaron Rodgers)

Passer Rating:

Wilson: 100.6 (if he continues at this rate he'll be ranked 2nd ALL TIME behind Aaron Rodgers)

Here you can see that Wilson is already ranked 2nd all time in two VERY important statistical categories. While most QB's struggle mightily in their first 2 years Wilson has dominated and his efficiency is insane. All indications are that Wilson is poised to have his best season yet, which in my opinion should frighten all other teams.

Now here's some comparisons for how Wilson stacks up against other "Elite" Qb's. I put "Elite" because these comparisons include Andrew Luck who Wilson is FAR superior too even though not many people seem to know it. My apologies for Aaron Rodgers not being in these comparisons. I wrote this up originally on the seahawks.net forums, my point being that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck, and he stacks up quite nicely against Peyton Manning and Tom Brady as well.

Here are the career stats for these 4 QB's and how they compare:

Completion Percentage

1) Manning = 65.5%
2) Wilson = 63.6%
3) Brady = 63.4%
4) Luck = 57%

Yards Per Pass Attempt

1) Wilson = 8.1
2) Manning = 7.7
3) Brady = 7.5
4) Luck = 6.8

Passer Rating

1) Wilson = 100.6
2) Manning = 97.2
3) Brady = 95.7
4) Luck = 81.5

Touchdown/Interception Ratio

1) Wilson = 2.74
2) Brady = 2.7
3) Manning = 2.24
4) Luck = 1.7

Passing Touchdowns Per Season Average

1) Manning = 30.69
2) Wilson = 26
3) Brady = 25.64
4) Luck = 23

Passing Yards Per Season Average

1) Luck = 4098
2) Manning = 4059
3) Brady = 3510
4) Wilson = 3238

Rushing Yards Per Season Average

1) Wilson = 514
2) Luck = 316
3) Brady = 55
4) Manning = 44

Passing + Rushing Yards Per Game Average

1) Luck = 276
2) Manning = 257
3) Wilson = 234
4) Brady = 222

Career Win %

1) Brady = 76.5%
2) Wilson = 75.7%
3) Manning = 67.7%
4) Luck = 65.7%

Total Super Bowl Wins

1) Brady = 3
2) Wilson = 1
3) Manning = 1
4) Luck = 0

Super Bowl Win %

1) Wilson = 100%
2) Brady = 60%
3) Manning = 33%
4) Luck = N/A

Super Bowl Wins Per Season%

1) Wilson = 50%
2) Brady = 21.4%
3) Manning = 6.25%
4) Luck = 0%

Like I said, I think Aaron Rodgers is clearly the #1 QB in the league. But for anyone who is doubting Russell Wilson... you should really take a closer look at his stats. In my opinion he is clearly a top 5 QB in the league already and I think he'll prove that to even the most hardcore doubters this season.

I think we are in for a treat this Thursday with Aaron Rodgers the #1 QB in the league, against in my opinion the future #2 QB Russell Wilson showcasing their skills for the whole world to see.

Last edited:

Tokadub

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And to follow that up, I am just curious what you guys think about this article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-drives-led-by-russell-wilson-this-preseason/

Here's article Text:

Seahawks scored on 11 of 13 drives led by Russell Wilson this preseason

After leading the Seattle Seahawks to their first Super Bowl victory last February, quarterback Russell Wilson appears to have elevated him game significantly entering his third season in the NFL.

Wilson – who has won more games than any quarterback in history in their first two seasons in the league – has been under center for 13 offensive possessions in Seattle’s four preseason games. They scored points on 11 of those possessions and punted just once.

Those 13 possessions ended with nine touchdowns, two field goals, a missed field goal and a punt.

In his only possession against Oakland Thursday night, Wilson led the Seahawks on a four-play, 80-yard scoring drive. Wilson was a perfect 3-for-3 for 77 yards and a touchdown on the drive, capped by a 25-yard touchdown pass to tight end Luke Willson.

For the entirety of the preseason, Wilson was 33-for-42 for 437 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions. He also rushed for 61 yards on nine carries and three touchdowns. His passer rating for the preseason is 133.8.

Wilson has been nearly flawless this preseason. If Wilson and the Seahawks offense can carry this production over to the regular season to pair with their already strong defense and special teams units, they could be nearly unstoppable this season.

So while I think this game should be a real treat to watch with two great QB's going head to head, I would honestly be surprised if the Seahawks lose this game given how incredible Russell Wilson has looked in pre-season. And it's always tough going up against our defense with the crowd noise.

Not saying you guys have no chance but I think your chance is slim especially when your team is on the road. Just curious what you guys think about this article and Russell Wilson.

The Seahawks are known for their defense but it really seems like their offense has taken a GIANT step forward this off-season so keep that in mind going into this game, it could be a high scoring affair on both sides.

I should add the Packers are probably my 2nd favorite team in the NFL, I'm trying to think of a team I would root for over the Packers and the only one that comes to mind is my home town Seahawks. So I hope both teams have great seasons! Good luck and should be a great game!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pre-season doesn't matter and means squat.
And I mean that for the Packers to.
That's what I think.

Man, you Sea Chicken fans are really letting one SB win get to your heads!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
So first of all let me just say I am a Seahawks fan, but this is my top 5 list of QB's in the league (so you guys know I'm not some hater of your team).

1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Tom Brady
3) Peyton Manning
4) Drew Brees
5) Russell Wilson

I could see Wilson moving up from the #5 spot during this season though, and it will most likely be Wilson and Aaron Rodgers as the clear cut #1 and #2 QB's in the league in the near future. Brady, Manning, and Brees are all old and I don't think anyone else in the league comes close to these top 5 I just listed.

Now before you jump all over me with "this is crazy talk!" let's just look at some stats of how Wilson compares to other top QB's:

Touchdown/Interception Ratio:

Wilson: 2.74 (if he continues at this rate he'll be ranked 2nd ALL TIME behind Aaron Rodgers)

Passer Rating:

Wilson: 100.6 (if he continues at this rate he'll be ranked 2nd ALL TIME behind Aaron Rodgers)

Here you can see that Wilson is already ranked 2nd all time in two VERY important statistical categories. While most QB's struggle mightily in their first 2 years Wilson has dominated and his efficiency is insane. All indications are that Wilson is poised to have his best season yet, which in my opinion should frighten all other teams.

Now here's some comparisons for how Wilson stacks up against other "Elite" Qb's. I put "Elite" because these comparisons include Andrew Luck who Wilson is FAR superior too even though not many people seem to know it. My apologies for Aaron Rodgers not being in these comparisons. I wrote this up originally on the seahawks.net forums, my point being that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck, and he stacks up quite nicely against Peyton Manning and Tom Brady as well.

Here are the career stats for these 4 QB's and how they compare:

Completion Percentage

1) Manning = 65.5%
2) Wilson = 63.6%
3) Brady = 63.4%
4) Luck = 57%

Yards Per Pass Attempt

1) Wilson = 8.1
2) Manning = 7.7
3) Brady = 7.5
4) Luck = 6.8

Passer Rating

1) Wilson = 100.6
2) Manning = 97.2
3) Brady = 95.7
4) Luck = 81.5

Touchdown/Interception Ratio

1) Wilson = 2.74
2) Brady = 2.7
3) Manning = 2.24
4) Luck = 1.7

Passing Touchdowns Per Season Average

1) Manning = 30.69
2) Wilson = 26
3) Brady = 25.64
4) Luck = 23

Passing Yards Per Season Average

1) Luck = 4098
2) Manning = 4059
3) Brady = 3510
4) Wilson = 3238

Rushing Yards Per Season Average

1) Wilson = 514
2) Luck = 316
3) Brady = 55
4) Manning = 44

Passing + Rushing Yards Per Game Average

1) Luck = 276
2) Manning = 257
3) Wilson = 234
4) Brady = 222

Career Win %

1) Brady = 76.5%
2) Wilson = 75.7%
3) Manning = 67.7%
4) Luck = 65.7%

Total Super Bowl Wins

1) Brady = 3
2) Wilson = 1
3) Manning = 1
4) Luck = 0

Super Bowl Win %

1) Wilson = 100%
2) Brady = 60%
3) Manning = 33%
4) Luck = N/A

Super Bowl Wins Per Season%

1) Wilson = 50%
2) Brady = 21.4%
3) Manning = 6.25%
4) Luck = 0%

Like I said, I think Aaron Rodgers is clearly the #1 QB in the league. But for anyone who is doubting Russell Wilson... you should really take a closer look at his stats. In my opinion he is clearly a top 5 QB in the league already and I think he'll prove that to even the most hardcore doubters this season.

I think we are in for a treat this Thursday with Aaron Rodgers the #1 QB in the league, against in my opinion the future #2 QB Russell Wilson showcasing their skills for the whole world to see.

Here is where I have a problem with all your "statistical data".

Wilson has had the luxury of having a great defense and a really good running game in his first two seasons. Way more so then any of the other QB's in your stat sheet. With all of that there were still times last year he looked less then average and he still hasn't proven he can throw and be consistent in the pocket IMO.

I know you guys are sooooooo excited about your "pre-season offense" but let's get real here. Nobody really scheme's in the pre-season and it's a mix of starters and back ups that play snaps. I know the "all time pre-season champion" Pete Carroll likes to play those games in real game mode but most of the league is using those game for what they were designed for which is "Evaluating Talent". They don't especially care about win/loss. In fact if I were a Seahawk fan I would be more worried about your no.1 defense letting the raiders 2's offense going "up and down the field" on you. That was kind of glaring if you want to get down to pre-season football.

Wilson is a good QB and I am happy for Seahawks fans that they finally have a decent QB but if running around and chucking the ball down field remains the premise of the passing game I don't see long term success. Teams are going to scheme him and force him in the pocket where I still believe he has "limitations". Let's see what happens. He is a long way away IMO of even mentioning him right now as the no.2 QB in the league. It's comical but you can skew stats to form opinions.

Your going to surprised if you lose? Well I am going to surprised if your pocket doesn't turn into a "heavily missiled landing site".

Last edited:

Tokadub

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, but if Wilson can thus far in his career post a 100+ Passer Rating without Harvin and while missing 3/5 Offensive Line starters last season for about half the games... that's pretty good.

Also the Seahawk's running game is not that good with yards per attempt, they just run a ton!

Seattle rushed for only 52 more yards than Green Bay last season.

Seahawks averaged 4.3 yards per rush attempt which is tied for 12th.

Green Bay averaged 4.7 yards per rush attempt which is tied for 4th.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

I'm not saying the pre-season is that important at all. But I've watched Russell Wilson very closely throughout his entire career and he looks the best he's ever been right now.

I'm sure you all watched the Super Bowl last season where Wilson put up pretty decent stats:

18/25 (72% completion rate)
206 total passing yards
2 Touchdowns
0 Interceptions
123.1 Passer Rating
0 Sacks

That was a pretty nice game for Wilson, but he looks to be on an entirely new level right now. He looks as nerds might call it "God Mode". Like the game is in slow motion to him, his pocket awareness is at an all high time, he's making all the right decisions with perfect accuracy.

That being said it was in pre-season but I think I've got a pretty good eye for talent and performance (I do have your Aaron Rodgers ranked #1 after all), and it's clear to me Russell Wilson is the best he's ever been and he has already put up historically great stats for a 2 year player.

Having a great defense doesn't make you a great QB, and I doubt anyone will have any more criticisms for Russell Wilson after you see what he can do this Thursday.

You do realize that the last time our teams played it was only Russell Wilson's 3rd game of his career right? I don't know how many Seahawks games you have seen during his career but you may be surprised by how good he really is.

I think both Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson will have a legit shot for the MVP this season. And don't forget the impact Percy Harvin can have, especially when combined with Wilson and Lynch that is a pretty insane trio to have out on the field.

Kearly from seahawks.net had a nice post about Russell Wilson's stats when Percy is on the field:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95270&p=1394097

"I was curious how effective Wilson has been with Harvin on the field, so I crunched the numbers and found a result you may find interesting.

Add it all up and you get:

60/78, 764 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT

76.9% completion rate
9.8 yards per attempt
128.4 passer rating

Seattle also ran the crap out of the ball during those five games. And scored a lot. Seattle as a team averaged 36.4 points per game in this five game sample (and that number rises slightly if you take out the non-Harvin second halves against Minny and New Orleans).

Remember last year's issues scoring in the 1st half? In all five games with Harvin Seattle scored more points in the first half than the second, and in all five cases Seattle scored enough points to win by halftime."

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I would point out that WE thought we were invincible after OUR Superbowl win just like your guys. We soon found the reality was different. By all means carry on dreaming, you`ll find reality a bit different. I`m not saying you`re guys aren`t good, but WE believe our guys are better. Have a good game either way.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers beat the Sea Chiks last time.
The only reason why you won was because of the worst call ever by that ******* dog :poop: sucking scab ref.

If they had been real, official refs, then the game would have gone to the Packers.

Well... unless it was Jeff Tripplette

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
OK, but if Wilson can thus far in his career post a 100+ Passer Rating without Harvin and while missing 3/5 Offensive Line starters last season for about half the games... that's pretty good.

I'm not saying the pre-season is that important at all. But I've watched Russell Wilson very closely throughout his entire career and he looks the best he's ever been right now.

I'm sure you all watched the Super Bowl last season where Wilson put up pretty decent stats:

206 total passing yards
2 Touchdowns
0 Interceptions
123.1 Passer Rating
0 Sacks

That was a pretty nice game for Wilson, but he looks to be on an entirely new level right now. He looks as nerds might call it "God Mode". Like the game is in slow motion to him, his pocket awareness is at an all high time, he's making all the right decisions with perfect accuracy.

That being said it was in pre-season but I think I've got a pretty good eye for talent and performance (I do have your Aaron Rodgers ranked #1 after all), and it's clear to me Russell Wilson is the best he's ever been and he has already put up historically great stats for a 2 year player.

Having a great defense doesn't make you a great QB, and I doubt anyone will have any more criticisms for Russell Wilson after you see what he can do this Thursday.

You do realize that the last time our teams played it was only Russell Wilson's 3rd game of his career right? I don't know how many Seahawks games you have seen during his career but you may be surprised by how good he really is.

I think both Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson will have a legit shot for the MVP this season. And don't forget the impact Percy Harvin can have, especially when combined with Wilson and Lynch that is a pretty insane trio to have out on the field.

Kearly from seahawks.net had a nice post about Russell Wilson's stats when Percy is on the field:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95270&p=1394097&hilit=plays with harvin#p1394097

"I was curious how effective Wilson has been withHarvin on the field, so I crunched the numbers and found a result you may find interesting.

76.9% completion rate
9.8 yards per attempt
128.4 passer rating

Seattle also ran the crap out of the ball during those five games. And scored a lot. Seattle as a team averaged 36.4 points per game in this five game sample (and that number rises slightly if you take out the non-Harvin second halves against Minny and New Orleans).

Remember last year's issues scoring in the 1st half? In all five games with Harvin Seattle scored more points in the first half than the second, and in all five cases Seattle scored enough points to win by halftime."

I am a huge Wisconsin Badger fan and live in Kirkland. I have seen Wilson play in every pro game he has played in and almost every Badger game he played in so I know what he has done and what he is capable of.

He is a good QB no doubt. This is going to be a big year for him as far as let's see what he can do because I think the Seahawks are going to have to score more points. I think he has to prove he can throw from the pocket consistently to go to the next level. Everybody knows he can extend plays with his feet.

Teams are going to do everything they can do to keep him in the pocket.

I

Also the Seahawk's running game is not that good with yards per attempt, they just run a ton!

Seattle rushed for only 52 more yards than Green Bay last season.

Seahawks averaged 4.3 yards per rush attempt which is tied for 12th.

Green Bay averaged 4.7 yards per attempt which was ranked 4th.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

206 total passing yards
2 Touchdowns
0 Interceptions
123.1 Passer Rating
0 Sacks

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95270&p=1394097&hilit=plays with harvin#p1394097

"I was curious how effective Wilson has been with Harvin on the field, so I crunched the numbers and found a result you may find interesting.

76.9% completion rate
9.8 yards per attempt
128.4 passer rating

You had me interested in your information right up until the "God Mode" statement, then it got a bit silly. I was strangely rooting for the Seahawks in the Superbowl last year. I enjoyed the whole build up to it as your guys handled themselves well and were confident. I will say however that as good as your guys were, and I`ll emphasise Were, The Broncos kind of beat themselves anyway from the first play, and by the end of the first quarter it was too late to claw it back. I`m not disrespecting your team here but the way Denver played that day, the Jaguars could have beat them.
The pressure is on your team on Thursday, not ours, you are the World Champions not us, and that is a pretty big mantle for anybody to carry.
Our team have been there, done that, worn the teeshirt !! Enjoy it, but don`t make the mistake of getting too cocky !!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You had me interested in your information right up until the "God Mode" statement, then it got a bit silly. I was strangely rooting for the Seahawks in the Superbowl last year. I enjoyed the whole build up to it as your guys handled themselves well and were confident. I will say however that as good as your guys were, and I`ll emphasise Were, The Broncos kind of beat themselves anyway from the first play, and by the end of the first quarter it was too late to claw it back. I`m not disrespecting your team here but the way Denver played that day, the Jaguars could have beat them.
The pressure is on your team on Thursday, not ours, you are the World Champions not us, and that is a pretty big mantle for anybody to carry.
Our team have been there, done that, worn the teeshirt !! Enjoy it, but don`t make the mistake of getting too cocky !!

Exactly, and that's just what these guys have been doing. Like Sherman walking out of auditorium after presser today, he said, "What is it 19 to go? 20?" Apparently planning on another long super bowl run.

Or these two fools below playing the whole Lynch super bowl interview yesterday.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2183313-doug-baldwin-jermaine-kearse-humor-seahawks-media

Tokadub

Cheesehead
Reaction score

OK, yes calling it "God Mode" sounds silly but he has really been playing at an unbelievably high level all throughout pre-season.

As one Chicago Bears forum poster put it: "Wilson looks like Joe Montana in excellent condition throwing to Jerry Rice in Tecmo Bowl".

Basically another team's fan was saying Wilson looks so good it's like an over powered video game Quarterback throwing to the greatest receiver of all time.

All I'm saying is that if Wilson continues to play like how he has the past 4 games which was pretty much flawlessly, than I think a lot of people will be quite surprised to see how good he really is.

Wilson is very underrated due to his height and being a 3rd round pick, but so far he has vastly out performed Andrew Luck who was the #1 pick.

Everything could change week 1, but I don't think the pressure is ever on the Seahawks when they are playing at home. The crowd advantage is too insane, the pressure will be on the Packers for sure.

I think it will be a good and very entertaining game, but I would be very surprised if the Seahawks lost. And in no way is that disrespectful to the Packers, you guys would have a better chance to win on the road against any other team.

I think the Seahawks could and should (if Harvin stays healthy) be significantly better than they were last season when they won the Super Bowl.

It's pretty likely we'll be playing twice this year, I think the 49er's are going to have a major decline and win like 9 games tops, so it very well could be Seahawks VS. Packers in the NFC Championship game. So this could be a fun preview may the best team win!

I

Exactly, and that's just what these guys have been doing. Like Sherman walking out of auditorium after presser today, he said, "What is it 19 to go? 20?" Apparently planning on another long super bowl run.

Or these two fools below playing the whole Lynch super bowl interview yesterday.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2183313-doug-baldwin-jermaine-kearse-humor-seahawks-media

Well I have to be honest and say I actually like Richard Sherman, and I think he is understandably confident in his ability. He amuses me at times, and I know many many of you will disagree with me, but that's just my opinion of the player however..............he has to prove he is the best now, the whole team does, and we all know how that can pan out !! I have no problem with confidence, but we`ll just wait and see.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Well I have to be honest and say I actually like Richard Sherman, and I think he is understandably confident in his ability. He amuses me at times, and I know many many of you will disagree with me, but that's just my opinion of the player however..............he has to prove he is the best now, the whole team does, and we all know how that can pan out !! I have no problem with confidence, but we`ll just wait and see.

Confidence can sometimes be mistaken for arrogance or ignorance. Let these guys think there just gonna walk through a tough 16 game schedule with the back-end of there roster not close to what it was last year.

I

OK, yes calling it "God Mode" sounds silly but he has really been playing at an unbelievably high level all throughout pre-season.

As one Chicago Bears forum poster put it: "Wilson looks like Joe Montana in excellent condition throwing to Jerry Rice in Tecmo Bowl".

Basically another team's fan was saying Wilson looks so good it's like an over powered video game Quarterback throwing to the greatest receiver of all time.

All I'm saying is that if Wilson continues to play like how he has the past 4 games which was pretty much flawlessly, than I think a lot of people will be quite surprised to see how good he really is.

Wilson is very underrated due to his height and being a 3rd round pick, but so far he has vastly out performed Andrew Luck who was the #1 pick.

Everything could change week 1, but I don't think the pressure is ever on the Seahawks when they are playing at home. The crowd advantage is too insane, the pressure will be on the Packers for sure.

I think it will be a good and very entertaining game, but I would be very surprised if the Seahawks lost. And in no way is that disrespectful to the Packers, you guys would have a better chance to win on the road against any other team.

I think the Seahawks could and should (if Harvin stays healthy) be significantly better than they were last season when they won the Super Bowl.

It's pretty likely we'll be playing twice this year, I think the 49er's are going to have a major decline and win like 9 games tops, so it very well could be Seahawks VS. Packers in the NFC Championship game. So this could be a fun preview may the best team win!

It wasn`t meant as a nasty putdown, I`m just saying it`s YOU guys who have to prove yourself on Thursday, not US !.
We are on the road, You are the home team AND defending Superbowl champions. That's a big burden to bear.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

The pressure is on us? How so? Your 5.5 point favorites to win the game. It's your big banner night. Your big D just got trucked by the Raiders 2's. Yeah the Raiders. Pre-season or not they might be the worse team in the league.

Everybody is picking you to win this game.

I

I`d have to be a complete moron to sit here and say Russell Wilson is not a superb quarterback. Everything about the young man says so. He is or seems, quiet, dignified almost humble in his view of his opinion of himself. A credit to himself and the Seahawks. I am saying Eli Manning was a young man when he won his first Superbowl and certainly didn`t win back to back Superbowls. Our own Aaron Rodgers, who many believe is the best QB around at the minute couldn`t do it, so don`t be surprised or upset when the same happens to Wilson. That is a big ask of ANYBODY.

Last edited by a moderator:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's simple with the Seahawks. They have moved away from what made them successful and there actions from there front office has proven it. Instead of feeding that dominant defense and letting Sherman play out his contract they over-paid Sherman and spent high draft picks or traded draft picks for offensive players.

They could of Traded Lynch shortly after the super bowl for a pick freeing up money and drafted Carlos Hyde. Then let Sherman play out his contract using that money to feed there D-line while bringing in additional defensive development talent. Instead, they have tried to re-load the defensive line with late round "home run" picks that haven't panned out lately.

If the wheel isn't broken then why fix it? Why go out and try to have a "juggernaut" offense when you already have the recipe for success? If it's not broken then don't fix it.

These Seattle guys have been spoiled with a great defense. It's gonna be a huge "come down" when it starts to bend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts