Will the Packers win in Seattle? You bet they will!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6794

I'm sorry but no one compares or will equal what Percy will do on the field. Pretty confident going into this game. Our defense will be good as always. It's our offense you should worry about. Can score under a minute with playmakers everywhere. Should be another Super Bowl year for the hawks

Well, your team has Russell Wilson, an unhappy Marshawn Lynch and an oft-injured Percy Harvin as playmakers. Don´t see any other dangerous guys on your offense.

Reaction score
Reason 1: GB runs downhill. Meaning the attitude and response to comments like Golden Tate makes.. the players take closely resembles their coaches attitude. Quiet. Wise. Prudent.
Even Capers understands what he's up against and the 3 man rush,8 prevent, playing "not to lose".. Our version of 4th and 26, will earn him a pink slip next season. Expect an aggressive pass rush play 1. We still need an answer to the running QBs. We figured Barry Sanders out and shut him down in a game with - rushing yards at half-time and minimal yards for the day. I think we can shut down the running .. game in Russell and Lynch. Then.. Let Peppers n Mathews do what they do.. And watch Friday as the CB and Safeties get all the credit
GB 23 Seattle 17

Reaction score
Oh, Put our fastest LB in as middle. He becomes Russels personal body guard

Last edited:

Sea253

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, your team has Russell Wilson, an unhappy Marshawn Lynch and an oft-injured Percy Harvin as playmakers. Don´t see any other dangerous guys on your offense.

Marshawn isnt unhappy and all 3 are already in mid season form. Percy is on fire and the healthiest he has been his who playing career (pre college). Hawks will be a very high powered offense this year. Not saying greenbay won't be , but until someone can knock us off (doubtful), we will be favored and almost win every game. Perks of having a great young Super Bowl caliber team. Love this teams mindset. Champion mindset. Seahawks are the new nfl elite.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Marshawn isnt unhappy and all 3 are already in mid season form. Percy is on fire and the healthiest he has been his who playing career (pre college). Hawks will be a very high powered offense this year. Not saying greenbay won't be , but until someone can knock us off (doubtful), we will be favored and almost win every game. Perks of having a great young Super Bowl caliber team. Love this teams mindset. Champion mindset. Seahawks are the new nfl elite.

Do you know I honestly thought you said you liked this teams midgets :laugh:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO job one on defense against the Seahawks will be stopping the run. This is the first and probably the toughest test the new D will face stopping the run. And they’ll have to do it without the rejuvenated Raji (according to McCarthy) in the middle of the DL. Last year’s DL with the fat guys worked early in the season but after that start was bad, so they’ve changed more than the names on the DL. Can the new strategy on the DL, going with longer, lighter, and more athletic DL work in stopping the run? We are about to get a good idea what the answer to that question is. Last regular season the Seahawks were 2nd in rushing attempts with 509 and 31st in passing attempts with 420. (Compare those numbers to the Packers having 570 passing attempts and 459 rushing attempts even with Rodgers missing so many games.) The Seahawks were tied for 12th in the league at 4.3 ypr but if they can establish the run, expect their play-action passing game to be more effective.

IMO job one on offense is the play of the OL. IMO if the OL plays well, the Packers are very likely to win. But memories of the Seahawk’s D dismantling last season’s number one scoring offense are still with me. Lacy and the running game will have to be effective. And IMO so will the quick passing game we saw a preview of in preseason. But if the Packers can’t establish a running game good enough to keep their D off balance, it’ll be a long day. If the Packers can run the ball, I have confidence Rodgers will be able to take advantage of even their great D. The Seahawks probably have the best home field advantage and the Packers starting OC is not only a rookie but has only practiced with the first team since August 24th.

As always ball security will be huge. It’d be great if the Packers ‘new’ D starts the season with a couple TOs. The Packers STs will have to be solid too, particularly the coverage teams. Vegas has the Seahawks as a 5.5 pt. favorite and the over/under at about 46.5. So vegas (setting the line to even out betting of course) has the Seahawks winning with a score of about 26-21.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Congrats on running it up on the Bears and Chargers in Pre-season.
IMO job one on defense against the Seahawks will be stopping the run. This is the first and probably the toughest test the new D will face stopping the run. And they’ll have to do it without the rejuvenated Raji (according to McCarthy) in the middle of the DL. Last year’s DL with the fat guys worked early in the season but after that start was bad, so they’ve changed more than the names on the DL. Can the new strategy on the DL, going with longer, lighter, and more athletic DL work in stopping the run? We are about to get a good idea what the answer to that question is. Last regular season the Seahawks were 2nd in rushing attempts with 509 and 31st in passing attempts with 420. (Compare those numbers to the Packers having 570 passing attempts and 459 rushing attempts even with Rodgers missing so many games.) The Seahawks were tied for 12th in the league at 4.3 ypr but if they can establish the run, expect their play-action passing game to be more effective.

IMO job one on offense is the play of the OL. IMO if the OL plays well, the Packers are very likely to win. But memories of the Seahawk’s D dismantling last season’s number one scoring offense are still with me. Lacy and the running game will have to be effective. And IMO so will the quick passing game we saw a preview of in preseason. But if the Packers can’t establish a running game good enough to keep their D off balance, it’ll be a long day. If the Packers can run the ball, I have confidence Rodgers will be able to take advantage of even their great D. The Seahawks probably have the best home field advantage and the Packers starting OC is not only a rookie but has only practiced with the first team since August 24th.

As always ball security will be huge. It’d be great if the Packers ‘new’ D starts the season with a couple TOs. The Packers STs will have to be solid too, particularly the coverage teams. Vegas has the Seahawks as a 5.5 pt. favorite and the over/under at about 46.5. So vegas (setting the line to even out betting of course) has the Seahawks winning with a score of about 26-21.

Those are all very good points and you can't put to much importance on "ball security" and "special teams" in this hostile environment road game. These are two things we will have to be near perfect in. San Fran had these guys on the ropes in the championship game last year. If you remember they gave up a big kick off return and of course Kaepernick threw his first of two interceptions which turned the tide and momentum.

To dig a little deeper from what you posted I think it is really important as well for the "hurry up" to get some initial first downs and move the chains. Not only does it wear down there D-line but also there crowd. We need to get that defense on there heels and I think you do that by slowing down there D-line. It all starts there.

I am very excited to see what Capers does and how he attacks and I agree. You have to slow Lynch down and I think they will. IMO the key will be on 3rd down. The defense needs to keep Wilson in the pocket and make him throw from the pocket. Make him beat us from the pocket. My biggest fear is him breaking contain and running around making plays down field or running for first downs.

As far as Vegas I love it. Plus 210 on the "Money line" with Aaron Rodgers and a very good healthy roster. Where do I sign up?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Im really excited about this game. Ive been telling my friends bet their life savings on the Pack. Oh by the way i live in Las Vegas so betting is big here lol. GoPackGo
Had a friend when I was in the Air Force that was stationed at Nellis. He went to cash his pay check and then had to go home and explain to his wife why they were broke for a month. Cured him of gambling.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Had a friend when I was in the Air Force that was stationed at Nellis. He went to cash his pay check and then had to go home and explain to his wife why they were broke for a month. Cured him of gambling.

If you can't afford to lose it then you don't bet it. It's like a lot of things in life.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa there cowboy! Time to slow down for a reality check.
It isn't easy getting to the SuperBowl. How many playoffs did the Sea Chicks lose before they finally won the big game?
They are 12-12 with that record. Super bowls is 1-1. And the overall season record is 293-303. In other words, you are rooting for an all time losing team! Pathetic!
Winning the SB is a big time high for your team. I'll give you that. But to come here and to proclaim that your team is and will always be the best with those numbers? Highly doubtful.
And getting to the SB is tough enough. But to do back to back SB wins in today's NFL is a rarity.
I mean, you can do all the chest thumping you want to, but to come in here and do it on a Packers forum with our even more awesome and storied history over the Sea Chicks and our all time best NFL record of 13 championship wins is just stupid and makes you look like you are really reaching, in my book.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I don't think Harvin has played a full game yet, better hope he doesn't have a migraine, Maybe Hyde will give him one. Our D is the wildcard in this game, I am excited to see how our revamped D will play and how Capers uses Peppers. Stop the run and make Wilson a pocket passer. I hope it's a slugfest, with the Hawks having to throw a hail Mary as the clock expires and this time the refs get the call right :D

Reaction score
A
Whoa there cowboy! Time to slow down for a reality check.
It isn't easy getting to the SuperBowl. How many playoffs did the Sea Chicks lose before they finally won the big game?
They are 12-12 with that record. Super bowls is 1-1. And the overall season record is 293-303. In other words, you are rooting for an all time losing team! Pathetic!
Winning the SB is a big time high for your team. I'll give you that. But to come here and to proclaim that your team is and will always be the best with those numbers? Highly doubtful.
And getting to the SB is tough enough. But to do back to back SB wins in today's NFL is a rarity.
I mean, you can do all the chest thumping you want to, but to come in here and do it on a Packers forum with our even more awesome and storied history of the Sea Chicks and our all time best NFL record of 13 championship wins is just stupid and makes you look like you are really reaching, in my book.
adda boy. You tell 'em. !! Those no good, Half breed, uneducated, ungrateful, cocky, overconfident, rootin-tootin Seattle
I don't think Harvin has played a full game yet, better hope he doesn't have a migraine, Maybe Hyde will give him one. Our D is the wildcard in this game, I am excited to see how our revamped D will play and how Capers uses Peppers. Stop the run and make Wilson a pocket passer. I hope it's a slugfest, with the Hawks having to throw a hail Mary as the clock expires and this time the refs get the call right :D

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
IMO it's interesting that All- Pro safety Earl Thomas will be the Seahawks punt returner entering the season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ahawks-punt-returner-job?campaign=Twitter_atl

It's a very questionable move by the Seahawks but shows they don't really have anyone else they feel is capable and that they need to score more points this year.

It is definitely a "risk vs reward" type move. If they lose Earl Thomas to an injury it would be devastating for there defense. It would probably be the straw that breaks the camels back.

seahawks12thman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a very questionable move by the Seahawks but shows they don't really have anyone else they feel is capable and that they need to score more points this year.

It is definitely a "risk vs reward" type move. If they lose Earl Thomas to an injury it would be devastating for there defense. It would probably be the straw that breaks the camels back.
They have a punt returner, Bryan Walters and every once in a while Earl Thomas.
It isn't just that the Hawks have scored but the fact they have been unstoppable through the air. Wilson maybe the MVP.

If your only analysis is that Harvin will get injured then what does that say about how you really feel about your team? You conveniently forgot about Kearse and Baldwin. I am no fortune teller but I honestly have no idea how teams are going to stop our O??

Some of you are going to be in for a rude awakening this Thursday.. (Which can't come fast enough)

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of you are going to be in for a rude awakening this Thursday.
Packers beat the Sea Chiks last time.
The only reason why you won was because of the worst call ever by that ******* dog :poop: sucking scab ref.

If they had been real, official refs, then the game would have gone to the Packers. Sea Chicks just "won" with a lucky technicality and nothing else.

So if Pack can beat them at home once, Pack can do it again and they will!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have a punt returner, Bryan Walters and every once in a while Earl Thomas.
It isn't just that the Hawks have scored but the fact they have been unstoppable through the air. Wilson maybe the MVP.

If your only analysis is that Harvin will get injured then what does that say about how you really feel about your team? You conveniently forgot about Kearse and Baldwin. I am no fortune teller but I honestly have no idea how teams are going to stop our O??

Some of you are going to be in for a rude awakening this Thursday.. (Which can't come fast enough)
Come back on Friday.

The game can't come fast enough - that's about all I can agree with you on.

seahawks12thman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers beat the Sea Chiks last time.
The only reason why you won was because of the worst call ever by that ******* dog :poop: sucking scab ref.

If they had been real, official refs, then the game would have gone to the Packers. Sea Chicks just "won" with a lucky technicality and nothing else.

So if Pack can beat them at home once, Pack can do it again and they will!
So is 12 points going to land you a victory? Two years ago has no bearing whatsoever on this game. Russell Wilson was a rookie lol. You guys have Lacey, we have Harvin.

Keep in mind that Denver thought they could shut The Hawks down by stopping the run. The result? They were successful and we punted one time the entire game because of a holding penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts