Will the Packers win in Seattle? You bet they will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Storbeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Days left until we go to Seattle and kick the ever livin' (You fill in the blank) out of the Sea Chicks.
And just how excited is our awesome punter Tim Masthay to get to Seattle? He can't wait! Look! He got on some kids bike at training camp, headed west and is still peddling until he gets to Century Link Field. "Gotta keep up my leg strength, coach." Tim should be able to make it in time for the game.
Where, hopefully, we won't need him too much or even at all.

He should be excited, he will get a lot of work ;)

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It wasn't a catch, but neither was the pass interference on Chancellor that ultimately landed your only touchdown, I guess resentment still lingers on here. The game was officiated horribly from Clay Mathews roughing the passer to many others. You guys have a golden opportunity this year to go deep in the playoffs and a few of you are still upset about Golden Tate? He isn't even a Seahawk anymore. Had you won the game you would have lost to the Niners (who I hate with the fire of a thousand suns) even if you would have played them at home; they were simply a better team.

I get your frustration but that was two years ago. I suppose it is like arguing with Steeler fans that the Hawks weren't screwed though.

I would like to learn more about your team, who are the players to watch that weren't a part of the 2012 team? Was Greg Jennings a big loss? To the more knowledgeable fans, what matchups do you think the Packers will exploit the Seahawks?

Personally I think that this matchup will could possibly decide the NFC this year. You guys play both us and the Saints and I believe the three of our teams will be fighting for supremacy. We don't play the Saints unfortunately so if the Hawks beat the Packers and you beat the Saints, home field is ours BWHAHAHAHAHHAHA. In all seriousness, I was very excited to hear that you guys were first on the schedule.

Niner fans, sorry but you team looks like garbage and the great Stevie Johnson has been trash. Many rumblings that he may or many not make the team, excuse me? Colin did a little too much partying with Ricardo Lockette LOL.

This game has a lot of great matchups IMO. Without getting too deep into it I think it's going to come down to Hawks getting pressure with 4 consistently on Rodgers which I dont think they will do. Your going to have guys trying to play more snaps then usual and were going to be going "hurry up".You dont have the horses any longer to rotate in.

On the other side of the ball your rookie "Britt" is going to get challenged multiple times. I think that is a big key. Our defense is healthy and much faster then previous years up front and i expect Capers to bring lot's of his own noise. "BLITZEKRIEG" Well see if Wilson can get away. "Run Russell Run"

I could go on and on about individual matchups but that would take much time and maybe a session at the "Juanita Pub" ;)

Last edited:

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't a catch, but neither was the pass interference on Chancellor that ultimately landed your only touchdown, I guess resentment still lingers on here. The game was officiated horribly from Clay Mathews roughing the passer to many others. You guys have a golden opportunity this year to go deep in the playoffs and a few of you are still upset about Golden Tate? He isn't even a Seahawk anymore. Had you won the game you would have lost to the Niners (who I hate with the fire of a thousand suns) even if you would have played them at home; they were simply a better team.

I get your frustration but that was two years ago. I suppose it is like arguing with Steeler fans that the Hawks weren't screwed though.

I would like to learn more about your team, who are the players to watch that weren't a part of the 2012 team? Was Greg Jennings a big loss? To the more knowledgeable fans, what matchups do you think the Packers will exploit vs the Seahawks?

Personally I think that this matchup will could possibly decide the NFC this year. You guys play both us and the Saints and I believe the three of our teams will be fighting for supremacy. We don't play the Saints unfortunately so if the Hawks beat the Packers and you beat the Saints, home field is ours BWHAHAHAHAHHAHA. In all seriousness, I was very excited to hear that you guys were first on the schedule.

Niner fans, sorry but you team looks like garbage and the great Stevie Johnson has been trash. Many rumblings that he may or many not make the team, excuse me? Colin did a little too much partying with Ricardo Lockette LOL.

Ok, so let's quit talking about the Fail Mary Bowl. I for one am sick of it. (btw, you mentioned all the bad calls against the Hawks and none of the bad calls against the Packers...there were more than one my friend. See my previous post.)

To your questions: Jennings? Packers have a deep receiving corps and some up-and-comers in Boykin, and this year's crops: Davante Adams and Jeff Janis who has been a real surprise. Nelson, Cobb and Boykin make a solid WR corps with some solid, promising back-ups. Jennings and his contract? Not a big deal.

More serious is losing Jermichael Finley, a real threat at TE. Rookie Carlos Rodgers has been looking good, but he's a rookie but there's no clear replacement for Finley yet.

In TC Packer offense has been throwing the ball to the RBs a lot more than in the past, so expect to see Eddie Lacy and DuJuan Harris with some throws their way.

What will the Pack exploit? The big difference this year is that the Packers have a legit running game. Eddie Lacy is a beast in the mode of Marshawn Lynch. He's a load, he's quick and he is very hard to bring down. Behind Lacy the Packers are in good shape with Dujuan Harris and James Starks. Force the Hawks to respect the run, punish them with Lacy if they don't, and work off that to create open receivers for Rodgers. IMO your best 2ndary guy ain't Mr. Sherman, it's Earl Thomas. He and Chancellor are the two guys that let Sherman get away all that he does.

It comes down pass rush yet again. Rodgers with time will kill you. Rodgers without time will give the Seahawks secondary chances.

A few tidbits

John Storbeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game has a lot of great matchups IMO. Without getting too deep into it I think it's going to come down to Hawks getting pressure with 4 consistently on Rodgers which I dont think they will do. Your going to have guys trying to play more snaps then usual and were going to be going "hurry up".

On the other side of the ball your rookie "Britt" is going to get challenged multiple times. I think that is a big key. Our defense is healthy and much faster then previous years up front and i expect Capers to bring lot's of his own noise. "BLITZEKRIEG" Well see if Wilson can get away.

I could go on and on about individual matchups but that would take much time and maybe a session at the "Juanita Pub" ;)

Well I will only be here a little bit of this and there till opening game. You guys have a great team and I think you will challenge for the super bowl and this game could decide if you come here or we go to Lambeau. Our past few trips have been miserable so I am hoping for the former. Totally agree with your first point. We have some new guys up front, (IE; Marsh and Hill) who will play nickel and I think that them getting home will be key. I don't care how good the LOB is, if Rogers gets time, he will make you pay. Eddie Lacy is a terrific change of pace back. I do respect your offense immensely.

The question I have will be your team speed on defense ( I love Clay, I cannot lie)? Mathews is so valuable and fully expect him to line up on Britt, that is why our running game will be so important so Mathews can't crash down and wreak havoc. The Hawks O looks better than I have ever seen it, BUT this has been done through preseason and each team plays this time of the year differently. The Bears defense is horrible but to hang a zero on cutler for the half was impressive none the less. For the Packers to win you are going to have to contain Beast mode, shall be interesting.

Last preseason you guys played us tough at your place so I know your depth is solid. We all want to tout the starters but this league is just as much about attrition as front line.

John Storbeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, so let's quit talking about the Fail Mary Bowl. I for one am sick of it. (btw, you mentioned all the bad calls against the Hawks and none of the bad calls against the Packers...there were more than one my friend. See my previous post.)

To your questions: Jennings? Packers have a deep receiving corps and some up-and-comers in Boykin, and this year's crops: Davante Adams and Jeff Janis who has been a real surprise. Nelson, Cobb and Boykin make a solid WR corps with some solid, promising back-ups. Jennings and his contract? Not a big deal.

More serious is losing Jermichael Finley, a real threat at TE. Rookie Carlos Rodgers has been looking good, but he's a rookie but there's no clear replacement for Finley yet.

In TC Packer offense has been throwing the ball to the RBs a lot more than in the past, so expect to see Eddie Lacy and DuJuan Harris with some throws their way.

What will the Pack exploit? The big difference this year is that the Packers have a legit running game. Eddie Lacy is a beast in the mode of Marshawn Lynch. He's a load, he's quick and he is very hard to bring down. Behind Lacy the Packers are in good shape with Dujuan Harris and James Starks. Force the Hawks to respect the run, punish them with Lacy if they don't, and work off that to create open receivers for Rodgers. IMO your best 2ndary guy ain't Mr. Sherman, it's Earl Thomas. He and Chancellor are the two guys that let Sherman get away all that he does.

It comes down pass rush yet again. Rodgers with time will kill you. Rodgers without time will give the Seahawks secondary chances.

A few tidbits

You guys got absolutely screwed in the fail Mary game, more than willing to concede that. I would argue Goddell is your enemy, he allowed that crap show to continue. I know it would have irked off many people but the game should have never happened. Any honest Seahawks fan would tell you nobody was satisfied with that win. Our playoff path would have been the same even if we had lost the game. The way I see it, it should be erased from the record books.

Agree about Rodgers with time, the guy is a HOF'er end of story.

Sherman? You are underselling. Keep this in mind, teams don't even throw at him. The way the Seahawks work is Sherman will give receivers the sideline and trust his length to recover and he study's enough tendencies, he knows when he sideline route turns vertical. He was beat on that pattern once all year (by the receiver on the vikings). Ty Hilton went deep but the Hawks were in a zone and Thomas was suppose to have help over the top. So the only pattern that teams can beat Sherman on is the cross over the middle and that is Kam Chancellor territory which receivers don't even bother. I know teams hate him but Sherman shuts down the entire half of the field; this totally frees up Thomas and Chancellor to roam virtually one half of the field. This is why you see so much more exposure of the two. Now with the rule change we will have to see if Sherman can maintain his dominance or not??

Eddie Lacy is a teenager Beast mode and maybe the next one this year. He runs angry and I wish you guys would have did a little more smash mouth against the Niner's last year in the playoffs.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Well I will only be here a little bit of this and there till opening game. You guys have a great team and I think you will challenge for the super bowl and this game could decide if you come here or we go to Lambeau. Our past few trips have been miserable so I am hoping for the former. Totally agree with your first point. We have some new guys up front, (IE; Marsh and Hill) who will play nickel and I think that them getting home will be key. I don't care how good the LOB is, if Rogers gets time, he will make you pay. Eddie Lacy is a terrific change of pace back. I do respect your offense immensely.

The question I have will be your team speed on defense ( I love Clay, I cannot lie)? Mathews is so valuable and fully expect him to line up on Britt, that is why our running game will be so important so Mathews can't crash down and wreak havoc. The Hawks O looks better than I have ever seen it, BUT this has been done through preseason and each team plays this time of the year differently. The Bears defense is horrible but to hang a zero on cutler for the half was impressive none the less. For the Packers to win you are going to have to contain Beast mode, shall be interesting.

Last preseason you guys played us tough at your place so I know your depth is solid. We all want to tout the starters but this league is just as much about attrition as front line.

Yep its all D-line and even more so in a 4-3 scheme and with the way hawks play so much base. Schneider paid Sherman instead of keeping that 40 million dollar D-line in tact. Well see how it plays out .I think we can run on hawks D-line too. Bulaga, a key player on our O-line is back and so far looks back to old form.

We have more then just Clay coming from the edge. We have 4-5 guys that can get it done from there. As you pointed out it's only pre-season but this is the most excitement i've seen regarding a Packer defense in a long time. Other then one play nobody has been able to run the ball on us. The secondary is also healthy and re-loaded. Well see what happens when its for real but ai can guarantee you the D "is faster"

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

If Aaron Rodgers is "eating hot dogs" in the pocket it wont be a good "Banner Night" for the Seahawk faithfull.

John Storbeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will also add this, you need a player who can go "over the top" on defenses. Bulk and size do nothing to the Hawks. Chancellor is a human wrecking ball and Thomas is super fast. Broncos, Saints and Niner's didn't have it and were destroyed. Do you guys have that burner over the top?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will also add this, you need a player who can go "over the top" on defenses. Bulk and size do nothing to the Hawks. Chancellor is a human wrecking ball and Thomas is super fast. Broncos, Saints and Niner's didn't have it and were destroyed. Do you guys have that burner over the top?

Jordy doesn't have breakaway speed, but he's always a deep threat.

John Storbeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy doesn't have breakaway speed, but he's always a deep threat.
It's imperative that you have it because it will keep Thomas honest and if he is not present over the middle, the Seahawks aren't nearly as fast (even though they have length) and can be exploited in the short or intermediary routes.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's imperative that you have it because it will keep Thomas honest and if he is not present over the middle, the Seahawks aren't nearly as fast (even though they have length) and can be exploited in the short or intermediary routes.

Randall Cobb is a "home run threat" . He is our Percy Harvin..

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I like Cobb matching up on Sherman as he has shown he can get beat by smaller, quicker, fast receivers.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Couple of injuries to watch for the Seahawks. Christine Michael appears to have a hamstring injury. He is there RB that provides a change of pace to Lynch.

The other injury which I consider to be much more important and keep an eye on is to there "nickle slot cover guy" Jermey Lane. It looks like he has a groin injury that he hurt in there game against the Bears. If he can't go in seven days I believe the next guy up at that position is Philip Adams who IMO is considerable downgrade.

Last edited:

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game has a lot of great matchups IMO. Without getting too deep into it I think it's going to come down to Hawks getting pressure with 4 consistently on Rodgers which I dont think they will do. Your going to have guys trying to play more snaps then usual and were going to be going "hurry up".You dont have the horses any longer to rotate in.

On the other side of the ball your rookie "Britt" is going to get challenged multiple times. I think that is a big key. Our defense is healthy and much faster then previous years up front and i expect Capers to bring lot's of his own noise. "BLITZEKRIEG" Well see if Wilson can get away. "Run Russell Run"

When the other team has Marshawn Lynch, Capers' Blitzkrieg may not be a smart idea. One of Russell's positives is that he's a smart QB, very mature for 2 years of experience. He may not have the arm that Kaeperdoink has, but it's good enough.

Packers have to hope that the combined threat of CMIII and Peppers is going to generate some pass rush without having to blitz on every passing down. And god knows, if Datone Jones can show up as well, we might have a decent defense this year.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
When the other team has Marshawn Lynch, Capers' Blitzkrieg may not be a smart idea. One of Russell's positives is that he's a smart QB, very mature for 2 years of experience. He may not have the arm that Kaeperdoink has, but it's good enough.

Packers have to hope that the combined threat of CMIII and Peppers is going to generate some pass rush without having to blitz on every passing down. And god knows, if Datone Jones can show up as well, we might have a decent defense this year.

I know Capers blitzing can be nerving but if you go back and watch last years games when the Cardinals beat them and Rams almost beat them both those teams brought pressure taking away passing lanes to Wilson. The Hawks offensive line is very suspect in protection on the edge. The key is that when you get to Wilson you have to get him down or at least force him to get ball out.

Ultimately yes, it would be ideal to get enough pressure with Clay and Pep and Jones and that's possible. Someone needs to spy Wilson because he will tuck it and run it right up the middle when the pocket collapses and I don't recommend Hawk or Jones spying. Maybe we will see a lot of Barrington. This is why I like the idea of bringing pressure from all angles and taking away passing lanes. It's a gamble but one I think can smother Wilson as it exposes his height limitations.

Last edited:

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Seahawks dont get consistent pressure on Rodgers, then this game is over before it even starts. Simple as that.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

days to go when the mullet... um... I mean, magic comes back to the Pack to help them make the Sea Chicks offense and defense disappear!

seahawks12thman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys- Thanks for the discussion, I actually enjoyed posting on your board, imagine that. Should be a fun game next week, we have nine new starters so I would be lying if I said I new the outcome. Green Bay has also changed its stripes since the two teams last meet-up.

Ps- please kick Golden Tate's butt twice this year :D

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

days to go to kickoff in Seattle!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont you mean
Well, I didn't want to break away from the yellow or re-open a can of worms.
I would have used a vintage pic of another Packer #4 but those are hard to find.
Even so, I had a chuckle at your suggestion.

Sea253

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but no one compares or will equal what Percy will do on the field. Pretty confident going into this game. Our defense will be good as always. It's our offense you should worry about. Can score under a minute with playmakers everywhere. Should be another Super Bowl year for the hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts