Will the Packers still go to the White House?

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just heard that the team will go to the White House on 12 August. This is the travel day before the preseason opener against Cleveland.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers Fumble White House Visit | Football Nation

what do you guys think about guys like Colledge, Tauscher, Barnett, B. Jackson not even being invited?

I think it would be tough to fit them all in, but they should have been offered. Then again, where does it stop, does al harris get invited? Aaron Kampman? Pretty soon some redneck family from Kilm, MS is going to want to come.

Its the Packers choice, and while its not what I would have done, Im okay with it.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Pretty soon some redneck family from Kilm, MS is going to want to come. .

LOL. You crack me up, ivo.

The big question is whether or not Barnett will tweet his displeasure that he wasn't invited.

jrdulka

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL. You crack me up, ivo.

The big question is whether or not Barnett will tweet his displeasure that he wasn't invited.

LOL. Most players wouldn't have been able to join anyways, but as an organization, I believe Packers should have extended the invite to anybody who was on the team during the season. Al Harris, sure. Kampman? no.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
today is the day. cant wait to see highlights of it. I guess that means ill have to turn on ESPN though :(

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a good thing the players are union members... i hear that's the only way to get in at the White House atm lol I hope they give him a cheesehead.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
In a Packer world it just seems like it should be the President who is excited about the opportunity he has to meet the reigning World Champion Green Bay Packers.

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From AJ Hawk:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the Packers facebook page:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

So Tauscher did get to go after all!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
ahhh cool!! Dang I forgot to set the DVR!!

Gonna go check now

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was actually pretty entertaining when Woodson gave Obama the gift. No go on that trade though, the Bears can have him in 10-15 years. No, wait, that's the Vikings.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With as many attempts to the president's live (not this one, but to presidents as a whole) as have been, I don't think security should be lightly.

And that's just logic, I'm not even from the US.

Even though he was posting on twitter, and he looks the part, so it probably would be easy to identify if it's Bishop or not, but crazier things have happened.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Packers' Bishop forgets identification, doesn't meet Obama

Looks like we are living in a marshall law ****** type regime.

It doesn't seem right. The guy takes the time and trouble to make the trip and no one on the Secret Service staff knows who he is? Players can vouch for him.

My god man...get a grip. Tell you something, I had the Secret Service disassemble my 35 mm SLR camera back in the 80's before entering an area where President Reagan was appearing. Bishop f'd up ... his loss...by the way, it's "martial" law...and, the security of the POTUS certainly takes precedence over Bishop's ability to meet a sitting POTUS - you can bet that the Office of Protocol made these requirements abundantly clear beforehand. If you've ever seen the helicopter gunships (4 of them) that accompany ANY Presidential motorcade movement, you'd be informed enough to remove your distinctly partisan driven post. Give it a rest, man.

Members online

Latest posts