Will the Broncos trade Von Miller?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I SO demand props as I was the first one to propose this idea! :laugh::laugh:

Agreed. He still made pro bowl, but may only have 2 to 3 years left.

Is he worth 2 first round picks?
That would imply that whatever player we pick up in the first round are better than Von Miller. I GET that we have needs regarding the O-line, but this is an opportunity we NEED to hop on!

Von Miller would instantly make our defense better!
He would help create pressure on the QB, thus forcing the QB's to get rid of the ball a lot faster and as a result more prone to mistakes.
He's a good teammate
He's a hard worker
He's has a charming personality!

Screw the whole age thing! If I recall we went and grabbed Peppers who was in his later years and he was doing a pretty damn good job during his time here. Von Miller is one of those players you DON'T miss out on! I swear if we lose out to another NFCN team in regards to getting him I'm gonna be pissed!

I swear I don't get you guys with this draft and develop crap. If that was the case we should've kept TT and McCarthy. Let's take a chance!

Hell yeah I'll give up those two draft picks! If that's all it takes! I know what I'm getting from Miller!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I SO demand props as I was the first one to propose this idea! :laugh::laugh:

That would imply that whatever player we pick up in the first round are better than Von Miller. I GET that we have needs regarding the O-line, but this is an opportunity we NEED to hop on!

Von Miller would instantly make our defense better!
He would help create pressure on the QB, thus forcing the QB's to get rid of the ball a lot faster and as a result more prone to mistakes.
He's a good teammate
He's a hard worker
He's has a charming personality!

Screw the whole age thing! If I recall we went and grabbed Peppers who was in his later years and he was doing a pretty damn good job during his time here. Von Miller is one of those players you DON'T miss out on! I swear if we lose out to another NFCN team in regards to getting him I'm gonna be pissed!

I swear I don't get you guys with this draft and develop crap. If that was the case we should've kept TT and McCarthy. Let's take a chance!

Hell yeah I'll give up those two draft picks! If that's all it takes! I know what I'm getting from Miller!
Dont forget, he's a great dancer too.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, we went and got peppers for about 10 million a year. he didn't cost any draft picks, and about 7.5% of cap. Give up 2 first rounders and 0ver 10% of cap space to take Von Miller? The situations aren't similar.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If peppers was on our team at his age right now he would be our best pass rusher he is better than any linebacker on our team now

D

Deleted member 6794

So im thinking there's a good chance he's probably not too old. Elite players generally don't feel the effects of age like their lesser counterparts. Idk I guess the point is having a dominate defensive player a foh player is priceless when combined with an foh on offense even if the defensive guy is at the end of his career

Miller hasn't shown any signs of slowing down but there would definitely be risk involved in trading for him as it's possible he will decline once on the wrong side of 30 this offseason.

You have to consider that Miller would count $53.5 million towards the Packers cap over the next three seasons as well though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone show me a link he is available?

I sent a link showing Elway won't trade him.

Or do we just go on the word of a poster? We all know how that worked out for rodell

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all know how that worked out for rodell
Speaking of that, what happened to that thread? I was gone for about a week and a half but during that time when I heard about who the team hired my thoughts immediately went back to that thread in particular, I imagined that thread would still a relevant one.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He got 5 sacks this year. Our man Frackell had more than that in 2 games.
Peppers probly played a total of 10 snaps a game lol..
and yeah u realize he had them sacks against the dolphins and bills right....saweeeett I will say tho he looked impressive against Seattle against Wilson that’s it to me.. and I still think fackrell sucks he is useless just cuz he led the team in sacks doesn’t mean he is good.. he is a adequate back up

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the views that I generally see espoused on this forum, the Packers should only ever be willing to give up at most a third round pick, and then only if it's for one of the top-5 players in the NFL at their position. First round picks are better than any current player in the NFL, and second round picks are better than any current non-QB in the NFL.

So all of these "X player available for trade" topics should really only occur if the player in question is a backup/over-the-hill vet who might get traded for a sixth round pick.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the views that I generally see espoused on this forum, the Packers should only ever be willing to give up at most a third round pick, and then only if it's for one of the top-5 players in the NFL at their position. First round picks are better than any current player in the NFL, and second round picks are better than any current non-QB in the NFL.

So all of these "X player available for trade" topics should really only occur if the player in question is a backup/over-the-hill vet who might get traded for a sixth round pick.
That's exactly the same vibe I'm getting. Look I get first round draft picks are good to have, but the thing is there is no guarantee that these first round players will amount to anything. At LEAST you know what you're getting with an established player and whatnot, and in this case a guy like Von Miller. We're gonna have to take some chances here.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's exactly the same vibe I'm getting. Look I get first round draft picks are good to have, but the thing is there is no guarantee that these first round players will amount to anything. At LEAST you know what you're getting with an established player and whatnot, and in this case a guy like Von Miller. We're gonna have to take some chances here.
Yes like pack one up and get Antonio brown lol

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides Kenny Clark who was the last first round pick that was actually GOOD? Green Bay sucks at pickin in the first round lol.. much rather have AB vs the unknown

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I guess I stand corrected about snaps but peppers is still better and fackrell is not good lol
You got Wimmed man!

I know Peppers is a better player than Fackrell. At least this year. Frack put up some surprising numbers, but it's not to say he wont develop more. I thought he actually played well. Also, I'm sure Peppers played some craptacular teams as well.

But, another year with Peppers declining and Frack getting better, it may be a different story.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides Kenny Clark who was the last first round pick that was actually GOOD? Green Bay sucks at pickin in the first round lol.. much rather have AB vs the unknown
Jaire Alexander made the all rookie team. Year before we traded out of the 1st but king has looked great -although a big asterix with injuries.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well I guess I stand corrected about snaps but peppers is still better and fackrell is not good lol

I definitely agree that Peppers is a better player than Fackrell even at this point in his career.

You have to consider the impact a move like trading for Miller has on the salary cap though. It might still be worth making the move but it would leave the Packers without a lot of wiggle room.

D

Deleted member 6794

Jaire Alexander made the all rookie team. Year before we traded out of the 1st but king has looked great -although a big asterix with injuries.

King has made some plays but overall he has been disappointing even when healthy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts