Will the Broncos trade Von Miller?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like John Elway is done with Von Miller and may be open to hear offers.

Broncos lack a QB and looks like they are feeling out Von Miller + 2 x R1 picks for Carson Wentz. Not sure if Eagles will bite, but they have to make a decision between trustable Foles vs talented (but injury prone) Wentz.

They just hired Vic Fangio as HC and he'd be hesitant to get Miller go too....but I reckon Elway calls the shots and Miller is gone.

Should Packers make a move?

No idea how the cap situation will play out here...Seeing Mack impact in Chicago...I'd love to have Von Miller in Green and Gold. Perhaps, let go of Perry/Matthews and maybe even Cobb to fund for Von Miller?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The big difference between Mack and Miller is that the former was 27 when the Bears landed him. Miller will be 30 before he ever takes a snap for a new team. That doesn't mean he should necessarily be avoided but the price has to reflect the age of the player.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Broncos lack a QB and looks like they are feeling out Von Miller + 2 x R1 picks for Carson Wentz. Not sure if Eagles will bite, but they have to make a decision between trustable Foles vs talented (but injury prone) Wentz.

They just hired Vic Fangio as HC and he'd be hesitant to get Miller go too....but I reckon Elway calls the shots and Miller is gone.

No idea how the cap situation will play out here...Seeing Mack impact in Chicago...I'd love to have Von Miller in Green and Gold. Perhaps, let go of Perry/Matthews and maybe even Cobb to fund for Von Miller?
If I was the eagles I would do this in a heart beat. The Broncos pick is fairly high this year.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we had just made the playoffs I'd jump on it this second. But we need much more than him imho.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep Foles and trade Wentz?

Yup, I'd look to doing that too.
The way it's written, the Eagles get 2 firsts and Miller. Broncos have #10 pick, and that will be a pretty good player. Foles is decent, and they have proven they can win with him.

As for us, it doesnt work. Not sure what they would ask. A 2nd? Maybe somebody gives them a late first. Not sure what his value is.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch them trade him to the Bears for Trubisky. The Bears add Miller and get back the first rounders they gave up for Mack.

I think I would cry.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sounds like they are looking for a young QB. I could be wrong but I kinda sorta doubt that Elway would be interested in trading Miller and 2 first rounders for Kizer. Wouldn't hurt to call him though I suppose.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know what it is or why it is. But it truly seems that the Eagles defense and offensive line plays better when Foles is the quarterback. Wentz got sacked 31 times this year in 11 games, and in the regular season Foles was sacked 9 times in 5 games. I don't know if it is Wentz trying to make plays and more dynamic (I think we can all agree he has more play making capabilities) but for whatever reason, even the defense plays better. They have no running game and against Rams, Texans and Bears have allowed 0 sacks. Wentz is injury prone, that's a knock against him but in every other category it is hard to vote Foles over him but I guess what matters most is for some reason, somehow, the victories happen when Foles is behind center. I don't know if he is long term solution, but I'd be interested to hear what a rational Eagles fan has to say about this hypothetical.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at first I thought no way wentz to denver. i think he has to be their QB of the future. I can't deny the Eagles find a way to win with Foles, but Wentz is by far more talented. I don't think he was quite right this year, and going back, Foles wasn't either. But here he is doing it for them again in the playoffs.

But Von Miller and 2 first rounders? That's awfully tempting. But if you think Wentz is your guy, i doubt they'd trade him. Unless they think he's just a guy now.

I guess if I was in the Broncos division I'd be hoping they sent miller and 2 firsts for Mitch. But I'd rather the bears not get their draft picks back and have to roll with Mitch. I don't think he's that good.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know what it is or why it is. But it truly seems that the Eagles defense and offensive line plays better when Foles is the quarterback. Wentz got sacked 31 times this year in 11 games, and in the regular season Foles was sacked 9 times in 5 games. I don't know if it is Wentz trying to make plays and more dynamic (I think we can all agree he has more play making capabilities) but for whatever reason, even the defense plays better. They have no running game and against Rams, Texans and Bears have allowed 0 sacks. Wentz is injury prone, that's a knock against him but in every other category it is hard to vote Foles over him but I guess what matters most is for some reason, somehow, the victories happen when Foles is behind center. I don't know if he is long term solution, but I'd be interested to hear what a rational Eagles fan has to say about this hypothetical.

After last season I would have said no to keeping Foles over Went but after this season I'm not so sure. Miller and 2 firsts is a lot when you have Foles, as long as you can keep him.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Looks like Elway has denied this and some radio host is the one running with the story :rolleyes:

I have no idea whether it's true or not, but of course Elway is denying it. He doesn't want to lose leverage on the market by letting it be know that he wants to move Miller, or poison the relationship should Miller stay.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know what it is or why it is. But it truly seems that the Eagles defense and offensive line plays better when Foles is the quarterback. Wentz got sacked 31 times this year in 11 games, and in the regular season Foles was sacked 9 times in 5 games.
they taylor the O for who's in there. for foles they play the short game with quick release passes. they'll mix in a long ball here and there to keep the D honest. wentz has the stronger arm and is more mobile so when he's in there they play the longer game which causes him to run when it's not there.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wentz for Miller and 2 first rounders??? Jezuz, I'd do that in a nanosecond if I was Philly.

Yeah that's a no brainer for the eagles because wentz isn't Miller and 2 first rounders better than foles. Gute should definitely inquire as to what it would take to make Miller a packer. For the saints pick this year and the packers 2020 first rounder I do it in a heartbeat

Bigmacjsy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Attachments

• 519CF17E-C4FF-4DD7-B46B-013442A31781.jpeg
    519CF17E-C4FF-4DD7-B46B-013442A31781.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 102

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You sure about that ? In 1993 the Packers signed a 32 year old free agent defensive linemen. Then went on to play in 2 super bowls in the next 5 years. Yeah they had Brett favre but Reggie white was just as big a part of that run as favre was.
Then again in 2006 the Packers signed a 30 year old defensive back and again they won a super bowl in the 5 years that followed with Charles woodson being just as big a part of that run as Brett favre and Aaron Rodgers.
So im thinking there's a good chance he's probably not too old. Elite players generally don't feel the effects of age like their lesser counterparts. I mean really we could also talk about Julius peppers signed at 33 I believe and the Packers nearly went to a Superbowl with him as just a big a part of the teams success as rodgers.
Idk I guess the point is having a dominate defensive player a foh player is priceless when combined with an foh on offense even if the defensive guy is at the end of his career

Members online

Latest posts