Will the Bears....

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's say the Packers enter Sunday night's game, with a win securing a playoff spot.

Do you think Lovie Smith will play his starters a little longer to stop a divisoin rival from going to the playoffs?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
he might, his main goal when he got hired was to beat the packers..

I think that he is going to play this game like any other, but if it looks like it is getting out of hand one way or the other he will rest the starters.

I think last week didnt he pull Rex out in the 4th? that might have been part of him getting other guys in and letting starters rest..Might have done it last week instead of this week.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might play them early , then rest them. This is not going to be easy for us. We need to play our best. No doubt

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect Lovie will play the game to win it no matter what? Teams that tend to rest players to forsake injury, for whatever reason, never seem to be able to fire it back up when the playoffs begin. I would think he would want his team coming into the playoffs firing on all cylinders. That means he's going to play his starers until he feels he has the game won. The Packers on the other hand are going to have to be as dominant on defense as they have been the last two games. Offensively the receivers have to hold on to the damn ball and they will be fine. I can't see Lovie laying down for us.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he will play his starters until the Bears are in the lead in the second half. He hates the Packers and will do whatever it takes to beat us and ruin our playoff hopes. Like KG said, starters or not we are gonna take them down.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears have given up right at 900 yards passing the last three games.
If Brett and the Wr's can come up big Sunday Night we should win this game. Especially if our "D" plays anything like it has the last few weeks.

The Bears or anybody else are not going to keep winning with stats like that. St. Louis can throw it but Tampa Bay and Detroit? Gimme a break. We are better right now than any of these teams and the Bears were fortunate to win two of 'em.

Green Bay 23 Chitcago 16

B. Favre 28-45 for 319 yards, two td's, 1 int

Take it to the bank.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont see what it matters. Your starters really arent even as good as the Bears backups. Favre will, as usual, be good for a couple INTs and with a couple turnovers, the Bears will score enough points to rest the starters by the 4th. Prepare to be disappointed.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont see what it matters. Your starters really arent even as good as the Bears backups. Favre will, as usual, be good for a couple INTs and with a couple turnovers, the Bears will score enough points to rest the starters by the 4th. Prepare to be disappointed.

Are you sure about that? Your starters haven't been that much better than Detroit or Tampa Bay from what I saw. Mr. Harris where are you? We miss you sooo bad!

After Jenkins and Kampman tatoo Grossman a couple of times they will put in Griese for damage control since Rexy boy gets a little color blind when the pressures on

Of course, you would prefer to talk about Favre's turnovers. That's right I forgot.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's really not much to argue about. The Bears swept you last year and beat you SOUNDLY at home in the only game that mattered this year. If you think the Bears actually ran a true offense and defense vs. TB and Det then you really dont have a grasp on the situation anyway. Of course, your grasp on reality appears slight as it is in the first place because you actually think the Pack is a playoff team.
Even if you DO beat the Bears 2nd team (unlikely as that may be) I hope you have sense enough not to wallow in the glory of a hollow victory. I know that you think your defense is "dominant" because they shutdown the offensive juggernaut known as Tarvarus Jackson, but Chicago WILL score 30 on you EASILY. Watch the game and see.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago as a collective would like nothing more than to play spoiler sunday night, and thats besides the fact that playoff teams like to end the regular season with a win.

plus Lovie is evil, completely and totally evil. like, if he wasn't coaching in the NFL he'd be selling babies on the black market, that kind of of evil.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's really not much to argue about. The Bears swept you last year and beat you SOUNDLY at home in the only game that mattered this year. If you think the Bears actually ran a true offense and defense vs. TB and Det then you really dont have a grasp on the situation anyway. Of course, your grasp on reality appears slight as it is in the first place because you actually think the Pack is a playoff team.
Even if you DO beat the Bears 2nd team (unlikely as that may be) I hope you have sense enough not to wallow in the glory of a hollow victory. I know that you think your defense is "dominant" because they shutdown the offensive juggernaut known as Tarvarus Jackson, but Chicago WILL score 30 on you EASILY. Watch the game and see.

I actually laughed while reading your comments, not because they'enot accurate, but because for so many years you poor guys have been getting your ears pinned back by everyone and now that you actually have a team, you come out of hybernation and spout off.

Here the facts. You have a dominant defense, but your defense has been getting spanked lately by not very good teams. Your offense by and large is not existant, but our defense will certainly have to play well to shut you down, there is no doubt about that.

So here is how I see it. If our receivers can catch the damn ball it's going to be a good game because I think our defense can stop your offense. I do think the Bears will win, but I don't think it's going to be the cakewalk you predict. I certainly don't think that your second string can beat our first string. And finally, depedning upon what happens in the afternoon games, if the Packers have something to play for you guys are going to get the game of your life. If we have nothing to play for and you have nothing to play for, it will be a good night to pound some beers because no one will care anyway.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually laughed while reading your comments, not because they'enot accurate, but because for so many years you poor guys have been getting your ears pinned back by everyone and now that you actually have a team, you come out of hybernation and spout off.

If by "spout off" you mean hamper your blind and irrational enthusiasm with facts, well I guess you got me there. The Bears used to smack around the pack, then the pack was good for a bit, now its the Bears again. Are you new to this?

Here the facts. You have a dominant defense, but your defense has been getting spanked lately by not very good teams. Your offense by and large is not existant, but our defense will certainly have to play well to shut you down, there is no doubt about that.

Hahaha, :rotflmao: Real genius post there. The Chicago offense is #2 in the NFL in points, behind only the Chargers. "Non-existant" LMAO. Packer Fans are the best. "Facts" Hahhaha!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=team&sort=pts&pos=off&league=nfl&season=2&year=2006

AND that's not even counting our ST and defensive TDs. GB on the other hand is tied for 22nd :rotflmao:

So here is how I see it. If our receivers can catch the damn ball it's going to be a good game because I think our defense can stop your offense.

Why would you think this? Because you beat Minnesota and Detroit? LMAO. Our RBs have over 1600 yds rushing and Rex Grossman has more TDs and a better rating than your over the hill QB. Our offense has scored many, many, many more points and over the course of the season than yours AND our margin of victory is much greater.

I do think the Bears will win

First smart thing you've said yet.

but I don't think it's going to be the cakewalk you predict. I certainly don't think that your second string can beat our first string. And finally, depedning upon what happens in the afternoon games, if the Packers have something to play for you guys are going to get the game of your life. If we have nothing to play for and you have nothing to play for, it will be a good night to pound some beers because no one will care anyway.

Trust me, the Bears have something to play for. It's called pride. Our players know the history and they know the implications of this game. Its on NATIONAL TV and the Bears are making a superbowl push. Expect an all out effort and quit hoping for a default victory by playing our 2nd teamers. Its not going to happen. I will be pounding beers like Mark Anderson will be pounding that sad old QB you have.

Cheers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-SCORING/2006/regular?sort_col_1=3

how come this stat is including k/o returns and the like? 9 tds not from offensive side of the ball...w/o those would have about 357 points, still very good, but in the top 10, around 8 or so..

Dont bust my balls, just saying your thinking is wrong that the totals dont include D or s/t tds

Well, my mistake on the d/st TDs. Still Top 10 is not exactly "non existant" and the other TDs still count, and considering Brett "Chasing Blanda" Favre is tossing the rock, and that Hester has proven you all can be burnt on ST, the points are real.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-SCORING/2006/regular?sort_col_1=3

how come this stat is including k/o returns and the like? 9 tds not from offensive side of the ball...w/o those would have about 357 points, still very good, but in the top 10, around 8 or so..

Dont bust my balls, just saying your thinking is wrong that the totals dont include D or s/t tds

Well, my mistake on the d/st TDs. Still Top 10 is not exactly "non existant" and the other TDs still count, and considering Brett "Chasing Blanda" Favre is tossing the rock, and that Hester has proven you all can be burnt on ST, the points are real.

Us packer fans know the s/t tds are real

;)

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm sorry. I should have known Chicago was going to put in a completely new game plan both offensively and defensively for the Detroit and Tampa Bay games.

They obviously put in the "we'll take it easy on them" plan for these two games.

So if they didn't run their "true" offense and defense it could be said they ran their "false" ones instead.

Yeah right.

The only thing to "grasp" is that Chicago didn't play that great against either one of them. Period. Quit making excuses for the Bears barely squeaking by two lousy teams.

By the way since you keep bringing it up. Brett and Rexy have the exact same number of picks this year. So if BF is good for a couple I guess that means so is Grossman.

gbpackers0065

Cheesehead
Reaction score
either way al harris can destroy griese or grossman benson and thomas arent that good and the defense is crap without tommie harris

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:

I'm sorry. I should have known Chicago was going to put in a completely new game plan both offensively and defensively for the Detroit and Tampa Bay games.

They obviously put in the "we'll take it easy on them" plan for these two games.

So if they didn't run their "true" offense and defense it could be said they ran their "false" ones instead.

Yeah right.

The only thing to "grasp" is that Chicago didn't play that great against either one of them. Period. Quit making excuses for the Bears barely squeaking by two lousy teams.

By the way since you keep bringing it up. Brett and Rexy have the exact same number of picks this year. So if BF is good for a couple I guess that means so is Grossman.

Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night, buddy. FYI, against Detroit, Lovie had Hester fair catch EVERY punt in the game, even when he had room to run. Grossman played only 3 quarters. The defense NEVER got in its base Cover 2 one time. They ran silly stunts and blitzed a nickel corner almost every play. Charles Tillman and Tank Johnson didnt even play either game. Neither did Safety Todd Johnson. LT John Tait took a rest too. The pass formations featured NO motion. But hey, since you're obviously an expert, you think what you're gunna think, but here's a quote from Nathan Vasher (who sat out the TB game) just yesterday.
"Our playoffs begin against Green Bay"
Have a nice offseason, fella.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the fact Lovie hasn't been real pleased with some Hester's decisions lately didn't have anything to do with it.

I'm sure that Lovie decided in the last quater of the season when you want to be playing your best football going into the playoffs he was going to run silly stuff just because.

Your the one that brought up beating lousy teams. I just pointed out your guys haven't done such a great job of it and you want to make a bunch of excuse for it.

Sorry if I'm not buying that Lovie did anything other than put in a game plan he felt gave them the best chance to win. Especially down the stretch.

A little alert. Your defense isn't the same without Harris or Brown and the pass defense is suspect. If Tampa and Detroit weren't at the bottom of the league in pressuring the qb these wouldn't have been W's.

As far as the off season goes, don't worry, it will be here soon enough for both of us. The Bear will be asleep after the first game some team get's in Rex's face which will happen much sooner than you would like.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who would have thought halfway into the season that the discussions would have been about playoffs for the Packers in week 17? Looking at all the teams, my opinion is that GB is the least talented. However, all other teams are in the tank right now, and GB has a 3 game win streak. Favre is always good for getting yards, the the bear d has been good at giving up yards. The red zone is where this game will be won or lost.

Lovie's primary goal right now is the playoffs. There are probably 3-4 bear starters that will rest instead of play. Also, backups will be in for the 4th quarter, if not earlier. Luckily, I like Griese better than Grossman, so this could be good for the bears...

IronBMike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lolz @ these silly bears fans who think they have a great team. the bears are a cardboard house this year, just waiting to fall down. defense is questionable up the middle and against the pass, and their offense sputters especially under pressure.

not that the packers have a great team, but i can't wait for the bears to be COMPLETELY exposed.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was in 2004, Lovie's first season as coach of the Bears, that the Packers went into Chicago in week 17 with their playoff position already determined and proceeded to beat the pants off the Bears. They did put in Craig Nall in the second quarter, but other than that I think they played most of their starters until the third quarter. I bet Lovie remembers that game, and it very well may influence his decision on how to approach this one.

By the way, the strategy of playing to win in a meaningless final game, which is always what the fans like to see, did not work for the Packers that year. The next week they went out and got their tails beaten at Lambeau Field by the 8-8 Vikings.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Our playoffs begin against Green Bay"

BearPerspective, your right because you guys are going to lose and thats what you guys awalys do in the playoffs. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts