Will the Bears rest starters against the Pack

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that would be considered to be common sense to you and I, but we are talking Bear logic.

They want to stick it to the Packers and try to knock us out of the playoffs and they don't seem to care if they kill themselves in the process.

packerlover125

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Da Bears start with starters. Packers are big threat to Bears and they try to eliminate Packers if they can. They don't want to face Packers again in the playoff.... Their name is Bears , but actually they are Chickens.
:chisux:

Rutnstrut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope ***** *** lookin Cutler plays all game and mathews drives hime into the turf multiple times.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lovie did say that

But how long will they play? They have #2 locked, so a win wont help or a loss wont hurt..

Treat as a 3rd preseason game starters play into 3rd q

The Bears could still get the #1 seed if the Falcons lose and the Bears win.

On a side note, I think there are too many people here acting like a win is a given on Sunday. The Bears could very well win this game. I don't think they will, but let's take it one step at a time. Worry about winning on Sunday and then, if we win, starting worrying about the Eagles.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, the Bears need the Falcons AND the Saints to lose to get the #1 (plus Bears win).

I want the Bears to play their starters for four quarters and I want them completely healthy afterward (that's more important). Then, I want the Bears in the NFC Championship completely healthy. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except when we beat the Eagles the first time, Vick didn't play.

Yes he did. he came in when Kolb got knocked out. He played for half the game just about. Once the D got his scent, they were able to keep up with him. Somebody sacked him too.

Remember the Bears also beat the Eagles. The Eagles have been known to be unreliable. Notorious for it in fact.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes he did. he came in when Kolb got knocked out. He played for half the game just about. Once the D got his scent, they were able to keep up with him. Somebody sacked him too.

Remember the Bears also beat the Eagles. The Eagles have been known to be unreliable. Notorious for it in fact.

Yeah you're right, I remember now, that's when the great QB controversy started. I guess we can figure that if the Vikes can beat them anyone can. And all year I've been saying Chicago's not that good, well look at them now. Urlacher and Peppers are scary.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah you're right, I remember now, that's when the great QB controversy started. I guess we can figure that if the Vikes can beat them anyone can. And all year I've been saying Chicago's not that good, well look at them now. Urlacher and Peppers are scary.

LOL, that was one of the worst QB controversies I've ever seen. Funny, it has a personal note for me, putting Vick in as QB was the last straw for me and it caused me to turn my back on the Eagles and utterly devote myself to the Packers.

As for the Bears, Hestor scares me the most!

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, that was one of the worst QB controversies I've ever seen. Funny, it has a personal note for me, putting Vick in as QB was the last straw for me and it caused me to turn my back on the Eagles and utterly devote myself to the Packers.

As for the Bears, Hestor scares me the most!

Nooooooo I'm starting to worry. Just slapped myself though. One thing I do kind of trust though is the bookies in Vegas lol. The early line favored the Pack by 6 and that was before the Vikes beat the Eagles making it so Chicago doesn't need this game. The bookies are more right than not.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nooooooo I'm starting to worry. Just slapped myself though. One thing I do kind of trust though is the bookies in Vegas lol. The early line favored the Pack by 6 and that was before the Vikes beat the Eagles making it so Chicago doesn't need this game. The bookies are more right than not.

Let the Bears worry! If the Packers play the Bears as they did the Giants we shouldn't have to worry as much. I would put that Packers team against any team in the league and have them come out with the win., even against the Patriots. They played outstanding football on all aspects. No wonder the Bears want to play their starters against us, they don't wanna get crushed as they go into the playoffs.

Update on Vick: 6 ABC Philly News is reporting Vick in extremely sore after last nights game. Vikes really rattled his cage.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, the Bears need the Falcons AND the Saints to lose to get the #1 (plus Bears win).

I want the Bears to play their starters for four quarters and I want them completely healthy afterward (that's more important). Then, I want the Bears in the NFC Championship completely healthy. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Atlanta and NO play before the Pack/Bear

So they will know if they have a chance or not by the time game starts...

but if you think Carolina has a chance in hell they will beat Atlanta, then lets bet straight cash homie..

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Atlanta and NO play before the Pack/Bear

So they will know if they have a chance or not by the time game starts...

but if you think Carolina has a chance in hell they will beat Atlanta, then lets bet straight cash homie..

Carolina has a history of late regular season upsets..

like last year against the Vikings, which may have cost them the Superbowl..

Not that I think they will actually win this week.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carolina has a history of late regular season upsets..

like last year against the Vikings, which may have cost them the Superbowl..

Not that I think they will actually win this week.

Call me crazy but I'm picking Carolina to win that game. Atlanta is coming off a tough loss against a good team and I think they will take Carolina as an automatic win. Fox is a good coach and will want to go out on a high note. Last year the Saints were coming off a tough loss to the Cowboys and the next week got beat by the 2 win Bucs at home. I picked the Bucs to win that game. And I'm picking Carolina to win this one.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I'm picking Carolina to win that game. Atlanta is coming off a tough loss against a good team and I think they will take Carolina as an automatic win. Fox is a good coach and will want to go out on a high note. Last year the Saints were coming off a tough loss to the Cowboys and the next week got beat by the 2 win Bucs at home. I picked the Bucs to win that game. And I'm picking Carolina to win this one.

I doubt Atlanta would take them as an "automatic win." The Panthers ran for over 200 yards against them last time and, minus the first quarter, were very competitive.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets not forget, Atlanta AND New Orleans are still competing for their division crown. Atlanta will clinch that and the #1 seed with a win. If they lose and NO wins, NO will get the division and the #1 seed.

Both teams play at the same time too, so there's no chance either team will know the outcome until after their respective game.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL

Atlanta can field their PS team that they'll win by 2 Tds...

Carolina has no chance in hell of winning, no matter what. They're THAT terrible.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Let the Bears worry! If the Packers play the Bears as they did the Giants we shouldn't have to worry as much. I would put that Packers team against any team in the league and have them come out with the win., even against the Patriots. They played outstanding football on all aspects. No wonder the Bears want to play their starters against us, they don't wanna get crushed as they go into the playoffs.

Update on Vick: 6 ABC Philly News is reporting Vick in extremely sore after last nights game. Vikes really rattled his cage.
^That's what I"m talking about. We should worry about facing them twice? Why? It's the Bares who should be worried.
Nobody in the NFL worries me anymore save the Packers. If they don't shoot themselves in the foot they can play with anybody. The Boars eliminating the Packers from the playoffs in the final game of the season is the biggest nightmare scenario I can imagine. I simply cannot allow myself to consider it. I'm going into this game with the most confidence I've had all season.
And if the nightmare becomes reality I'll deal with it then.
I really like any further matchup throughout the the playoffs. Nobody "scares" me anymore, the Giants were the last pregame ghost.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL

Atlanta can field their PS team that they'll win by 2 Tds...

Carolina has no chance in hell of winning, no matter what. They're THAT terrible.

Eh, well if I'm wrong and the Panthers get blown out you have the right to make fun of me for the duration of the season. But I just have a feeling Carolina will pull it off.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Eh, well if I'm wrong and the Panthers get blown out you have the right to make fun of me for the duration of the season. But I just have a feeling Carolina will pull it off.
I won't pick on you if you're wrong, but holy smokes, I'd give you a monster amount of cred if it happened.
I for one cannot see it at all.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears starters play the first half. Game will be over by then anyway. Remember 2006?

Pack 35
Rugs 13

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for those interested, the 7and8 Packers played the 13and2 Bears in Chicago the last game of the 2006 season. The Bears had locked up home field advantage and played their starters the first half only.

It was 23 to 0 at the half.
Packers won 26 to 7

they'd love to knock the Packers out of the playoffs, but not at the risk of an injury to a key player. We won't see their stars after the first half.

White92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for those interested, the 7and8 Packers played the 13and2 Bears in Chicago the last game of the 2006 season. The Bears had locked up home field advantage and played their starters the first half only.

It was 23 to 0 at the half.
Packers won 26 to 7

they'd love to knock the Packers out of the playoffs, but not at the risk of an injury to a key player. We won't see their stars after the first half.

Agreed. They'll pay lip service to their knuckle dragging fandom that wants to beat the Packers no matter what, then go ahead and pull the starters at the half or into the third quarter.

Members online