Will Rodgers miss this game in New England?

Do you think Rodgers will miss the game Sunday in NE?

• Yep, same week Favre missed a game, Rodgers will the next week, ironically

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • No, he'll be cleared in time

Votes: 31 56.4%

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers should simply forfeit the game, seriously. I'd love to see the NFL's reaction.

The Patriots are already annointed the greatest team on Earth.
We get 3 guys hurt every game.
And our star QB is seeing blurry.

Let's save the money on travel expenses, heal up, let Rodgers brain stop shaking, and get ready for the Giants and Bears.

Just kidding.... but seriously, the question is, all that factored in, would you risk Rodgers in this game knowing for a fact that despite what the tests will say (and I think it's about 50-50 that he will be cleared to go), it would be beneficial for him to rest for the extra week?

OK, I am changing the poll to GUESS if he will or won't play.
I wanted to say what would you do, but I suspect everyone would play him if he's cleared.

Instead, WHAT DO YOU PREDICT happens Sunday?

A lot of QBs have missed games from concussions, including Cutler this year. They won anyway with their crappy backup backup QB. Because they played Carolina that week.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I think the Packers should simply forfeit the game, seriously. I'd love to see the NFL's reaction.

that is a reatarded idea. why forfeit? there is always an off chance we win. always. the browns beat the pats and i remember when they were undefeated and lost in the super bowl

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't know Will Rogers was still alive? Isn't there a beach named after him in the LA area?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there's no point in even speculating. We'll find out if he practices tomorrow or Thursday, so we'll know by then whether he's playing or not.

Put another way- If he practices, he's playing. If not, he's not.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I think there's no point in even speculating. We'll find out if he practices tomorrow or Thursday, so we'll know by then whether he's playing or not.

That's not necessarily the case. I've seen several occasions where a player has been out of practice for a concussion that wasn't ruled OK early in the week, only to see another doc later in the week, closer to gametime, then play.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I get paranoid. First he has to be cleared by team doctors and then an independent doctor. With our luck, that "independent doctor" will be a Bear fan.

In any event, I want what is best for Aaron.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how he can play after getting a 2nd concussion in the same season.
I don't want his career to be cut short because of these things, a la Aikman & Steve Young.

I think this is the perfect week for him to play it cautious and skip. Not only are we 99% going to lose anyway, it will screw over the fantasy players who have him, which isn't me this year because I traded him for Romo & Frank Gore, a week before Romo was injured. Yes, I got screwed by the injury bug too!

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He flat got his bell rung; he looked loopy and out of it after that hit. I'd be surprised to see him play. And going against the Pats at home? I'm not sure there is even much a point.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant understand these "fans" that dont think the packers have a shot and are the same ones who two weeks ago would be talking about the SB and why we arent ranked high enough.

Just based on having the #1 defense it should give us some hope, but with a great QB behind us we have more than a shot.

As a "fan" if your going to just mail it in dont bother even watching then.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we were a 2 win team I could understand why you wouldnt think we have a chance but this is a great team we have here.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Fan" doesn't have to mean delusional. Just cause I'm a fan of my team doesn't mean that I have to be convinced of a victory every game. I certainly hope that they win but let's face it, we are an 8-5 team who hasn't really beaten many good teams this year. We have two wins against teams that are above .500 and one of those was the first game of the year when we were quite healthy, unlike now. On top of that, some of our losses have come against some crappy teams - Redskins, Dolphins, and Lions. Throw in the fact that Rodgers may be hurt, how on earth should I feel optimistic about the game against the best team in football?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll play if he passes the neuropsychiatric testing and the team doc and an independent neurologist agree that he is o.k. to play. Short of banning any more participation in football for the rest of your life if you've suffered a concussion this is the best anyone can do to protect a player with today's testing.

Some day it will likely be possible to determine exactly how many neurons have been damaged and at what level of damage permanent neurological deficits occur. Maybe it takes a single severe concussion; maybe it never occurs with repeated minor concussions. Nobody knows these things today.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I don't want Rodgers permanently injured by forcing himself into a game. 2 concussions in one year is a red flag I'm sorry to say. I'm really worried about his future right now. I'd rather see him sit out another week and let the brain heal up some more before risking serious damage. But, all that is up to the doctors/neurologists.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Fan" doesn't have to mean delusional. Just cause I'm a fan of my team doesn't mean that I have to be convinced of a victory every game. I certainly hope that they win but let's face it, we are an 8-5 team who hasn't really beaten many good teams this year. We have two wins against teams that are above .500 and one of those was the first game of the year when we were quite healthy, unlike now. On top of that, some of our losses have come against some crappy teams - Redskins, Dolphins, and Lions. Throw in the fact that Rodgers may be hurt, how on earth should I feel optimistic about the game against the best team in football?

#1 defense in the league

Top 5 QB in the nfl (if he plays, you can be doubtful if its flynn behind center)

We havent been blown out of any games.

ATL is the best team in the NFC right? Yeah we lost by 3 when we played so so.

The past two weeks the pats have been kicking *ss, thats a fact, but look at the rest of the season. The lions hung with them for 3 quarters, Manning played terrible and the colts lost by 3, and the bills hung 30 on them. You can look at the rest of the season and see its pretty much the same.

I might be wrong, but I cant understand how these "fans" are ready to mail this game in. Did I see someone say forfeit in another thread? 1 loss to the lions without rodgers and no one seems to have any faith.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And lets not forget charles has to be still a little angry at NE and brady in particular.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get paranoid. First he has to be cleared by team doctors and then an independent doctor. With our luck, that "independent doctor" will be a Bear fan.

In any event, I want what is best for Aaron.
OK then.
If you want what's best, and to make sure the Dr. is a Packers fan give me the address of the clinic he goes to.
We have a stethascope around here.
All I need is a lab coat.
I'll go in. Ask him what day of the week it is and "What year is it? How many fingers am I holding up?"
And if he answers correctly, he can play!

Now, what's the address?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree.
If the Pack had beaten the Falcons, the Lions and other teams where they should have won, then we would be thinking differently.
Even though they do have a chance against the Patsies, I think it's a very very slim chance since:
A) The Patsies most likely cheat to win.
B) It's away for the Pack.
C) The Patsies may be an elite, lights out team if they are not cheating.
D) A-Rod may not play.
It's hard to have faith in the Pack right now since they are not up there on an elite level and it takes them until the 2nd quarter or later to get their mojo going.

It is much easier to think that your team is the best when they are the best and easy to not have faith when they don't play so well.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I'm with Ivo on this one. We havn't lost a game where we didn't put up a fight either on Defense or Offense. If they both click we get the Dallas game. I'll be at the game rooting so hard the boys will feel like they are freezing there butts off at lambeau instead of foxborough!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with Ivo on this one. We havn't lost a game where we didn't put up a fight either on Defense or Offense. If they both click we get the Dallas game. I'll be at the game rooting so hard the boys will feel like they are freezing there butts off at lambeau instead of foxborough!

We have yet to be blown out and the pats pass D is suspect. I think people are overrating the Pats just bc Brady is amazing.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, Rodgers isnt practicing this week, so all practical guesses point to Flynn playing this week. That being said, and I am being realistic here, I think the packers have about a 25 percent chance of winning. I say this as I see Flynn's play being shaky at best. If the D shows up or the weather is bad, the chance increases. As it is, there is little hope as the Pats should be hawking Flynn to throw the ball. If our D carries the team as they did aginst the Jets, then there is ample reason to believe they could pull it off.

I still can't believe the pack blew it against the Lions. It is pretty clear that they got themselves in this predicament. Not so sure heads won't roll at the end of the season if they don't make a playoff appearance. O line coach is the first to go, but McPadlevel might also be. Should be an interesting three weeks. Personally, I think Capers should blitz every chance he gets and force Brady to make quick decisions.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
What I'm hoping is that the Pats see last week game's tape on Flynn's deep ball and rush safeties to try and blitz him. But, the week of practice he earns with the #1's helps him connect with Jennings, and we get an early shot at the Pats. From there on out they have to respect the deep ball and Starks and Kuhn come away with a big game (not likely I know). Add in a big game from our D (Jets, Cowboys, Minny) and we pull away with this one in an upset and never look back!

IN FLYNN WE TRUST

Members online

Latest posts