Will Rodgers heat up this week (3)?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just looking over Arod's fantasy numbers here while looking at all the QBs, and it disgusts me to see so many QBs above him.
Names like Alex Smith among many others.

Matt Ryan setting the pace with 5 TDs-0 Ints.

Aaron only has 3 TDs to 2 Ints. Last year, his typical game was 3 TDs & 0 Ints.

Will he heat up this week and throw at least 3 TDs which was common last year?
Will he avoid the ugly Int this week for the first time this season?
Or will that good D-backfield and pass rush get the better of Rodgers & the receiving corps, and hold us down again?

Anyone else notice Rodgers, Brees, & Brady are all amazingly off to horsecrap starts thru 1/8th of the season? So is Stafford. Only Eli among the gigantic stat monsters from before is putting up huge numbers again thru the air.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Are you really watching the NFL to see stats Frank? I'm okay with that and I'm okay with Aaron's numbers being lower if Ced or Alex or goodness.... James are able to put some yards up in the run game.
You know how this works... at some point the passing game will get going or it will not, it will define this NFL season. It might be that two deep defines the season. I really doubt most NFL defenses can limit the Packers as the first two have. It would not surprise me to see Seattle do the same though.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
All those FAT stats from Eli and they still just barely pulled off the win.....yeah...stats don't mean crap. give me low stats and a WIN any day. Not to mention Eli has tossed up like 6 picks as well.

Give the offense a little more time, it will come together. Seattle is a game where that might just happen. They do have a hard stadium to play at and a loud crowd to support them, but after taking a good look at their team they don't have that great of a pass rush.......so.....Arod should be able to light them up.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said at the start of the offseason, expect a large drop from his numbers a year ago, but he still will produce, no doubt about that.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said at the start of the offseason, expect a large drop from his numbers a year ago, but he still will produce, no doubt about that.
Yes.

So does anyone expect Rodgers to heat up this week or not?
You know, like numbers he put up last year or even the year before.

Or do you guys expect another just decent game from him Monday?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes.

So does anyone expect Rodgers to heat up this week or not?
You know, like numbers he put up last year or even the year before.

Or do you guys expect another just decent game from him Monday?

I expect up n down weeks for him but wouldn't be surprised if he throws 3 or 4 TDs this week. I should mention that Seattle has a very good defense though.

I hope Arod heats up when the weather gets cold and we go into the playoffs ready for battle

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Well I live in Seattle but raised in Green Bay. I was at the hawk game last Sunday as my girlfriend got tickets from her work. I will be going to the monday night game as well. I think if pack offense stretches them out and O-line gives Rodgers a little time he will pick them apart. Hawks have huge corners. biggest in the league. So Finley needs to step up. It's a scary game cause it gets crazy and loud at Century Link Stadium. Key is to not let Lynch pound the ball all game long and control the clock. Pack needs to come out early and score so they can shut the crowd up. So it should be exciting. Go PACK!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offensive line has to block someone, and it doesn't make a difference what scheme they are using. Rogers hasn't had much time to throw, and there is no running game. Reminds me of the line we had up to the Lions' game in 2010, when someone or something suddenly told the line they needed to block, and they were pretty good from that time on. When he has time, Rogers is just fine. His laser to Driver last week was something. The line has to come together.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I live in Seattle but raised in Green Bay. I was at the hawk game last Sunday as my girlfriend got tickets from her work. I will be going to the monday night game as well. I think if pack offense stretches them out and O-line gives Rodgers a little time he will pick them apart. Hawks have huge corners. biggest in the league. So Finley needs to step up. It's a scary game cause it gets crazy and loud at Century Link Stadium. Key is to not let Lynch pound the ball all game long and control the clock. Pack needs to come out early and score so they can shut the crowd up. So it should be exciting. Go PACK!
It's not Qwest Field anymore?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Nope. It's Century Link now. Started out as Qwest. I did three games in 4 days and one was me flying to wisconsin for the thursday night game against Bears. then I flew back the next day and went to Washington Husky game on Saturday and finishing it on Sunday for the Seahawk game. I gotta admit. I am a little scared about this game. It get's really loud at Century Link. I had to cover my ears. If pack doesn't come out and score were gonna be in trouble. I'm not gonna hit the panic button at week 3 but after the loss to SF we need this win. GO PACK

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I think so. These first two games were against one amazing and another great defense.

And one of these games Jennings has been MIA. Things will pick up.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't look at stats after two games. The Pack has played two....well one very good D and one that certainly isn't bad and for whatever reason Rodgers doesn't lite up.
The O has been a click off starting out and has missed some opportunities to score more points due to drops, sacks, and, some penalties too.
Seattle hasn't been able to get the sacks and while this may be a game where they again stop the run if Rodgers has time it won't matter. I see us putting up 30 something.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Against that Seahawk D at home? -I'm not too confident...

I would love Rodgers to be prove me wrong.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those were great and good defenses he faced in the first 2 weeks. The only thing that looks off is the long ball. The play calling hasn't helped. This is good...they need to climb back up the mountain.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts