WILL PACK RESIGN F/A RB GREEN?

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HOT TOPIC ON FORUMS:

The clock struck midnight Thursday night without the Packers announcing a contract agreement with running back Ahman Green, making the Pack's second all-time leading rusher an unrestricted free agent. With free agency official, the Pack hope to re-sign Ahman Green. Reliable PC Joe Arrigo says, "Look for the Packers to try and nail down a deal with Ahman Green by the start of FA." According to a reliable source, Green wants to stay in Green Bay. Yet he is willing to try the market. He is looking for a contract averaging $5 million a year including a guaranteed $7 million.

The question is whether the Pack can resign Green and for how much guaranteed money?
GOOD LUCK!

:thumbsup: :welcome:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see him stay but right now I'm feeling he is gone.

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FYI: LATEST RUMORS, ESPECIALLY GREEN and MOSS.

On the Sidelines by JA "...The Packers are still working hard to keep Ahman Green, but he wants a 3 or 4 year deal while the Pack only wants to give him a 2 year deal. Both sides think something can get done, but now it will be more difficult since the other teams in the NFL can drive the price up.

...The Packers and Raiders have agreed to compensation on a deal for Randy Moss. It would be for the Packers 3rd round pick, a player (possibly Robert Ferguson) and a conditional pick next year (no higher then a 2nd). I am not saying it is true, because I got it through a 3rd party (which is a pretty reliable source)...so we shall wait and see. I was told if the Moss deal goes down, the Packers would wait and see who is there at #16 and if they don't like what the see, or feel they can get that player a few spots back, they will trade pick to get back the pick(s) they gave up for Moss.

Justin Griffith is high on the wish list, and Deon Grant and Patrick Kearney both remain options, as does Daniel Graham. I was told Joey Porter may be an option for the Packers. They love his attitude, leadership ability and ability to rush the passer off the edge. He can also cover pretty well too. He could be a cheaper Adalius Thomas. The Packers are considering trying CB Will Blackmon at Free Safety. He has all the tools (speed, ranges, instincts and hitting ability), but will need to bulk up to do so. The Packers may have some interest in Fred Smoot. He could be the nickle back they want and spot starter in case Al Harris or Charles Woodson were to get hurt. The Packers would like to bring back Ben Taylor and Kendrick Allen, and both would like to be back...."

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is there are a few FA's that are in line to get a rediculous amount of money because there is a lot of money out there but the other FA's will be offered deals more in line with what they are worth.

A. Green knows our system and fits our system. He would be hard pressed to produce more somewhere else than he can here.

My guess is he will remain a Packer and get more than they wanted pay but less than he would have liked in years. All RB's in his position WANT more years but usually end up not getting it.

Just a guess.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Moss is maybe worth a 3rd round pick but not worth another player and pick, he is an attitude risk, a locker room killer and not the same player that he was at his prime. You think Walker was greedy and not a team player, you havent seen anything yet if we bring in Moss. If we pull the trigger on this deal, to me, we seem desperate to catch lightening in a bottle.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss is maybe worth a 3rd round pick but nor worth another player and pick, he is an attitude risk, a locker room killer and not the same player that he was at his prime. You think Walker was greedy and not a team player, you havent seen anything yet if we bring in Moss. If we pull the trigger on this deal, to me, we seem desperate to catch lightening in a bottle.

I agree he isn't worth much to the packers. I wouldn't want him on the packers anyways, especially if he is going to be costly.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we will get him back...Green is simply testing the waters...

My theory thru all of this is, teams aren't that desparate for running backs, ESPN said that Buffalo is having a hell of a time getting a day one pick for willis mcgahee...Green's gonna go out, get the money that the Packers were offering him to start, and re-sign with us

BUT if Ahman doesnt re-sign...a 3rd rounder for Willis McGahee???????? I'm surprised that one hasnt been speculated considering Joe Horn, Eric Moulds, and every other also-ran on the market has a thread about him...

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Ahman is gone why not take someone like Kolby Smith in the 3rd round.

Although I agree with Hateseagles I think he is coming back.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Ahman is gone why not take someone like Kolby Smith in the 3rd round.

Although I agree with Hateseagles I think he is coming back.

If Ahman is gone, 3rd round pick...read up on my McGahee thread...

If Ahman comes back I think we should still look into Brian Leonard or Tony Hunt, the two back system works better for ZB i think, and we don't have any semblance of a power back at all

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AHMAN TO DENVER?

The Green Bay Press-Gazette reports that free-agent running back Ahman Green will visit the Denver Broncos.

Green, 30, was originally drafted by the Seahawks in 1998. He was traded to the Packers after two seasons, and has been the starter in Green Bay ever since.

He hit the market a year ago, but took a one-year deal to stay with the Packers due in large part to his ongoing rehab from a serious leg injury. He rushed for 1,059 yards in 14 games last season.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd hate to see him go. But just how expensive will it turn out to be to keep him?
With his age, and wear and tear, i wonder how much he has left. He can't carry the load full time anymore. I think that showed last season. He needed alot of breaks. He still produced well, but not like the year he ran for 1800 yards.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd hate to see him go. But just how expensive will it turn out to be to keep him?
With his age, and wear and tear, i wonder how much he has left. He can't carry the load full time anymore. I think that showed last season. He needed alot of breaks. He still produced well, but not like the year he ran for 1800 yards.

Depends what kind of value he gets on the market. If he can get 5 mil a year then I don't see the Packers doing it. If he can't find great value on the market then Green Bay could bring him back.

I think if the Packers do resign him it'll probably be a descending like contract. Maybe 3.5 mil the 1st year and then 3 the 2nd. It's going to come down to how much money he'll want up front. My best guess is Green is going to have to accept less money up front to stay in Green Bay. I'm not sure he will though. I'd like to have him back as I feel a Green/Lynch combo would be very deadly in the backfield but I don't feel losing him will set the Packers back for any long term plans.

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GREEN VISITING TEAMS

SO FAR, THE BRONCOS AND THEN TEXANS. NFL NETWORK SAYS NOW HE IS SIMPLY VISITING BRONCOS...NO DEAL.

:rubeyes: :rubeyes:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
prob wont play in denver...

elevation in denver

his asthma...

how many times did he come out last year cuz of it??

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think we should bring him back.

he had over 1000 yards rushing, thats pretty good Considering the fact we have a very young o line.

he proved many people wrong last season and i am sure he will do it again next season.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read Oakland has some interest in him, they got LaMont Jordan though. Plus I heard Ravens want to Resign Jamal Lewis, I really want Green back.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that they aren't going to sign Kerney, I heard Adam Schefter say that he's as good as gone to the Broncos.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts