Will McCarthy rest the starters?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I wonder if our starters will be rested next week against the cards?

I don't see why we'll go all out in that game anyway when we'll have to play them again the next week. Also why give away our D-scheme and O schemes to them. Yeah, they have tape, but first hand experience playing a team is more valuable to the players imo.

In my opinion Capers and McCarthy should sit down and start game planning for the Cards the next two weeks. Start implementing the plays so the players can practice practice practice.

Just send out the 3rd stringers to mess around out there next week. It's for all intents and purposes a meaningless game now. Not like the Cards are going to show us their best either.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea I hope they arent gonna go all out for this game. Like you said there is no reason to show them what we have this year and leave it all up to surprise in the Playoffs. Hell maybe even throw some random plays they have been kicking around in practice at them next week.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think most packer fans wouldn't mind if we were to even lose this game so i say why not? Our team is very injury prone so keeping our starters healthy for the postseason should be priority number 1. I can still see us beating them by the way we manhandled them in the preseason :)

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you really want to sit your starters and get them rusty and out of sync, I think they need to play but use some really cheesy play's and try things you have wanted to try all year but never thought would work.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd play them for a half, tops, just to keep them fresh. There's no major benefit to being the #5 or #6 seed, so it's not like the Packers have anything to play for. I'd use some generic plays to keep things interesting and give Flynn plenty of reps.

The Cards might have a first round bye on the line though so they may have something to play for.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if our starters will be rested next week against the cards?

I guess I would have to play to win especially if winning means my team holds the #5 seed. What happens if the #5 and #6 seeds advance? I'd want to ensure that it is possible for me - if the chips fell right - to get a home playoff game, no matter how silly it sounds.

New Orleans and Minnesota could very well go one-n-done this year and I'm not convinced Minnesota will get the #2 seed.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should at least put some effort into winning the game. It would be best to hang onto the #5 seed. Last year both #6 seeds were in the Conference Championship games so if history repeats itself, and we manage to get that far, it would be nice to be at home instead of on the road again.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Im sure they will get a half in... other than that i would think that he will sit them... hopefully the 2nd team can put some points on the board and get this W!

NotSoSpecialTeams

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't see MM putting them out there the entire game, especially considering the pretty big possibility we'll face them again next week. A quarter plus an extra series or two makes the most sense. Looking forward to hopefully seeing Flynn for an extended period of action, especially after Brohm just made his first start for Buffalo last week. It'd be unfair to draw comparisons between the two based on their first real piece of regular-season action but still, it'll be interesting.

Latest posts