Will he be there on Day 1?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What can I say, I agree He is over the top.
Its over the the top allowing an internal feud to commence publicly on draft night. Then condoning that? That’s really poor behavior from any member of team, much less your team Captain. Highly unusual and unprecedented in a century of drafts. I’d call that over the top.

But whats more odd is cutting my post mid sentence to get your point across? :laugh:
What can I say. I wanted to comment about that part of your post. There really was nothing to take out of context. I think your statement is way over the top. He did not affect our draft in any way whatsoever. He did not have to (and didn't do) anything. People on this board were going nuts. That's what I remember.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What can I say. I wanted to comment about that part of your post. There really was nothing to take out of context. I think your statement is way over the top. He did not affect our draft in any way whatsoever. He did not have to (and didn't do) anything. People on this board were going nuts. That's what I remember.
I love the draft. I know the Gute is going to find some treasures and bring them to the Packers. As a fan, it is like when i was a kid running downstairs on December 25th to see what Santa brought. Draft day is football Christmas. Rodgers ruined football Christmas with his drama. And he hates football Santa.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the draft. I know the Gute is going to find some treasures and bring them to the Packers. As a fan, it is like when i was a kid running downstairs on December 25th to see what Santa brought. Draft day is football Christmas. Rodgers ruined football Christmas with his drama. And he hates football Santa.
i just dont remember his drama. he was surprised, thats what i remember. all the drama was coming from other people

Reaction score
Good stuff! Now that you mention it.. Aaron reminded me of that “Jelly of the Month Club” scene.
Gute played the Boss role and Rodgers was Chevy Chase.

Reaction score
It’s ok bro. I actually feel bad for my fellow Packer fans and what he’s put us all through. I won’t let him separate us as fans.
It’s all good though it’s just football. I’m sure he’ll come back and win some games and things will calm a bit. I just wish we could go back and leave the “beautiful mystery” bit alone.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Does Rodgers get to choose the team he will be traded to after this season? Assumming he is traded.
Sort of. By threatening to retire if the talk is of him going someplace he absolutely would not want to play for. I don't see him wanting a tear down and rebuild team that needs to give up its draft arsenal for him. More like what Brady waltzed into. A solid defensive team with an underperforming offense that just needs a solid QB to put it over the top.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After what i thought was a pretty good draft this year, it certainly has been overshadowed by a certain subject hasn't it. There's hardly been any talk about the rest of the team just will he or won't he, which I guess is understandable. He is the league's reigning MVP after all, but still.

I loved GB's first 3 picks and how they fit this team and i'm really excited for their 5th rounder too, though I always have to temper my fan enthusiasm with the reality it will likely take a season or 2 before they really grow into an NFL player.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Does Rodgers get to choose the team he will be traded to after this season? Assumming he is traded.
From everything I have read he will give the Packers a list of teams that he does not want to be traded to. Leaving 5-10 teams for the Packers to work with on a trade. Also, it should be noted that nothing says they actually have to trade him. They will meet at the end of the year and evaluate the situation. Basically, all that has been done is the Packers had to trade for Cobb and cut a year off of his deal and then he would show up. It seems like a win win here. None of this has been officially completed and the finer details have yet to be communicated. Cobb's contract has to be sorted out. It's still a bit of a waiting game.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After what i thought was a pretty good draft this year, it certainly has been overshadowed by a certain subject hasn't it. There's hardly been any talk about the rest of the team just will he or won't he, which I guess is understandable. He is the league's reigning MVP after all, but still.

I loved GB's first 3 picks and how they fit this team and i'm really excited for their 5th rounder too, though I always have to temper my fan enthusiasm with the reality it will likely take a season or 2 before they really grow into an NFL player.
Yes. It would have been a very merry football Christmas if not for all BS. Wanted to hear about our new players, but that was on the back burner.

D

Deleted member 6794

What can I say, He’s an over the top kinda fella.;) Allowing an internal feud to commence publicly on draft night.

It was Adam Schefter breaking the story on draft day despite him not having received any new information for several weeks, something he admitted later. Rodgers didn't do or say anything in April.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was Adam Schefter breaking the story on draft day despite him not having received any new information for several weeks, something he admitted later. Rodgers didn't do or say anything in April.

I was going to write the same thing.

And then Schefter pulled the same stunt the day of the Bucks Game 6 in the finals, saying that Rodgers had rejected contract extensions with the Packers. That had been previously reported months ago.

I lost a lot of respect for Schefter after those shenanigans.

TEXPAC2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read that Rodgers becomes a “free agent in 2022”. They mean after the 2022 season, correct?

Reaction score
Rodgers didn't do or say anything in April.
Thank You. We can agree on this point 100%. That was exactly the issue.
This wasn’t some flashing story that slid under the wisps of radar.. it was literally brought to the forefront of the NFL draft exactly and for effect.
This event was the biggest story in the sports world that day, that week, that month.. and likely this year. There is 0% chance he wasn’t fully aware. By his non action and non response, he enabled this controversy to explode into a black rain cloud over the entire event. This isn’t a Green Bay Packer event. It’s a NFL event snd he stole the show (not in a good way).

That being said, our QB is back and it’s good to see fences being mended. Make no mistake though that fences were torn down and Aaron Rodgers had and contributed to a large stake in the ongoing matter. You guys act like this was all imaginary or that the general public are all conspiracy theorists. Let this go down clearly on record. Aaron Rodgers enabled this controversy and it has clearly and unequivocally divided our fan base. He doesn’t get more passes on his ill-tempered behavior just because he’s our QB. idc if he 3-peats like Jordan did 2X! (Well maybe it’ll help :whistling:).
He’s got work to do and he better win it all this season. No excuses!:laugh:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts