Will he be there on Day 1?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think every question Aaron has should be answered with "It's a beautiful mystery"

"What's the soup of the day?" "It's a beautiful mystery"
"What time is my appointment?" "It's a beautiful mystery"
"What is the total?" "It's a beautiful mystery"
How many fans are supporting you? It's a beautiful mystery

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many fans are supporting you? It's a beautiful mystery
I have a feeling that the real Packer fan base is not wound up in all this as we are here. My guess is they will be happy to see him play and win. Just a guess though. :(

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm happy anytime the Packers win :) Truth be told, I have very high expectations if Rodgers in the QB, as in get it done all the way to the end this time and don't say anything doing it. If Love is the QB, my expectations will be much lower and I'll probably enjoy watching the game just as much, if not more. I guess I'm a sucker for the new guy. I like to see guys get into the league and grow. Of course with the growth comes the pains, but I don't mind them so much as long as there is growth.

I should add, it was the same when Rodgers came into the league. I was excited to see him take his opportunity and go, and he did better than most. I'm not ready to be done with him, but I am ready to be done with the passive aggressive games. I think he's a smart guy and a great QB. I'm not going to be upset if he wants to dedicate another season here.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great! One last quick kick to the nads. I don't want him back. Who wants him back? I won't watch if he plays. You see Aaron, I have my convictions too. It's gonna be tough but necessary. Your little game no longer amuses me. Be gone.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
And Mark murphy says he isnt aware of rodgers coming nack
Word is that Rodgers camp leaked this after the shareholders meeting in an effort to make Murphy face the music from the fans only to hear he is coming back after.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Word is that Rodgers camp leaked this after the shareholders meeting in an effort to make Murphy face the music from the fans only to hear he is coming back after.

If true, what a petulant man child.

Next up he is going to pull a Costanza and drive around the parking lot with a Lombardi trophy tied to his car.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Great, just what we need...more leaked words that no one has the balls to stand behind.

Reaction score
It is going to be interesting if he shows up. If he doesn't, I wonder if that would hurt team morale? Or would it give Jordan Love much needed additional practice?

Reaction score
I have a feeling that the real Packer fan base is not wound up in all this as we are here. My guess is they will be happy to see him play and win. Just a guess though. :(
I will say this. As humans we forget quickly. It is possible we forget how arrogant he’s been once he gets back to winning.
That said, if Aaron Rodgers doesn’t make a deep playoff run I believe the fans will hold this behavior against him. His bar is set so high that anything less than a SB appearance would be deemed a catastrophic failure. A SB appearance would be a break even.

Aaron’s odds of redeeming himself after hijacking the NFL draft and following it up with calling out the organization are near impossible to repair. I don’t want that for him, I’d rather he just cut ties now if he’s not committed. I would however help him in a trade deal to find a suitable option that he’s comfortable with. We owe him that much.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say this. As humans we forget quickly. It is possible we forget how arrogant he’s been once he gets back to winning.
That said, if Aaron Rodgers doesn’t make a deep playoff run I believe the fans will hold this behavior against him. His bar is set so high that anything less than a SB appearance would be deemed a catastrophic failure. A SB appearance would be a break even.

Aaron’s odds of redeeming himself after hijacking the NFL draft and following it up with calling out the organization are near impossible to repair. I don’t want that for him, I’d rather he just cut ties now if he’s not committed. I would however help him in a trade deal to find a suitable option that he’s comfortable with. We owe him that much.
If we win a SB and we still trade him and get a good haul of picks, I would let bygones be bygones.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I've said this before. This is a business. I don't see any difference between the way the Packers treat players or the way that other NFL organization treats players. I'm not defending Rodgers anymore. I believe that his ego is big enough that he thinks he can change how NFL teams treat players. I think this is his way of protesting the nature of the business. Problem is, he can't do it. In the end, he just looks like a selfish egotistical baby. Life is not fair in any facet of the world. NFL and beyond. The best players play and the FO is just looking to put the best product on the field. Sorry Rodgers, Cobb is washed up. Jordy had one year left in the tank. Kumerow is a never was. The Love pick is the Packers building for the future (I didn't like it). Gute isn't sitting there watching post preseason interviews of Rodgers talking about how good Kumerow is. He is not cutting players out of spite towards Rodgers. He's doing his job.

In the same respect, Rodgers coming back is the best shot at the Packers winning the Super Bowl. If the rumors are true about the contract negotiations I think that the Packers did a good job of handling this and came out ahead of all this drama. Again, looking out for what is best for the team and putting the best product on the field.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said this before. This is a business. I don't see any difference between the way the Packers treat players or the way that other NFL organization treats players. I'm not defending Rodgers anymore. I believe that his ego is big enough that he thinks he can change how NFL teams treat players. I think this is his way of protesting the nature of the business. Problem is, he can't do it. In the end, he just looks like a selfish egotistical baby. Life is not fair in any facet of the world. NFL and beyond. The best players play and the FO is just looking to put the best product on the field. Sorry Rodgers, Cobb is washed up. Jordy had one year left in the tank. Kumerow is a never was. The Love pick is the Packers building for the future (I didn't like it). Gute isn't sitting there watching post preseason interviews of Rodgers talking about how good Kumerow is. He is not cutting players out of spite towards Rodgers. He's doing his job.

In the same respect, Rodgers coming back is the best shot at the Packers winning the Super Bowl. If the rumors are true about the contract negotiations I think that the Packers did a good job of handling this and came out ahead of all this drama. Again, looking out for what is best for the team and putting the best product on the field.
I'd say the media is making him look like a selfish baby and we should all do well to recognize that. We think and assume, but we don't know anything. It's hard to have such strong convictions when the facts are so few. At least for me.

I'm not naive enough to think there is nothing behind this, but i've also seen enough stuff thrown out there that I don't believe any of it fully. Example, the latest one, the Packers tried to trade him on draft day to the Chargers. Real? I have no idea, I don't think so, but hey, maybe. If that's the case, I can see Rodgers being pissed. I'd actually stand behind him on that one. Whatever people don't like about Rodgers, one thing I can say, he's dedicated his professional career to being the best and most prepared guy you can have and he did it for OUR team and wants to keep it that way.

I would be less than happy the Packers tried to ship me off if I were him. Then again, maybe the other rumors are true and they told him he'd be traded at the end of the year and he wanted to be, but they couldn't get it done. Then i'm not behind rodgers at all playing the I want to be here blah, blah, meanwhile he's trying to get traded out of town.

though I don't actually believe either of those scenarios because trading him then made some for some pretty ****** cap management decisions to give him all that money and then decide your 10+year vet wasn't actually worth all that money and eat all that dead cap. I don't think our FO is that stupid either.

So in the end, what do we know? nothing really. I really don't know why Rodgers did this or what precipitated it. He could be an egotistical baby, or maybe the FO deserves a bit of angst thrown their way, Rodgers it he only one strong enough to withstand all this that would come with it, and all the players have his back actually.

D

Deleted member 6794

Great! One last quick kick to the nads. I don't want him back. Who wants him back? I won't watch if he plays. You see Aaron, I have my convictions too. It's gonna be tough but necessary. Your little game no longer amuses me. Be gone.

I definitely want Rodgers back. He gives the team by far the best chance of winning a Super Bowl in 2021.

Rodgers didn't say anything publicly that even comes close to hijacking the draft or calling out the organization. The media completely blew up this story which ended up with him missing a total of three mandatory practices at minicamp.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers tried to trade Rodgers for Herbert and then settled for Love that makes that pick even worse than I originally thought it was. I was starting to buy the "we liked this guy so much we just had to draft him when he fell" talk.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he shows up on Day 1 and acts like its no big deal.

I don't see the point of a hold out. The Packers are not going to trade him this year and if he was really serious about never playing for them again he would have taken the covid opt out and saved a lot of money.

Do you have any stock tips? Lottery numbers?

;)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I have to admit that I'm surprised he's reported but I'm still indifferent even though I know full well that #12 gives the Pack the best chance of winning.

I'm as curious as to what impact all this will have on the locker room.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am glad he is back for one reason only. He gives up the best chance to have a winning season. But to be honest, I may forgive, but I have a very long memory about something like this and I won't be forgetting his behavior.

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does Rodgers get to choose the team he will be traded to after this season? Assumming he is traded.

Reaction score
Just over the top. As are a lot of comments.
What can I say, He’s an over the top kinda fella.;) Allowing an internal feud to commence publicly on draft night. Then condoning that? That’s really Highly unusual and unprecedented in a century of drafts. But moreso just really unnecessary.

But whats more odd is you cut my post mid-sentence ? :laugh:

Hey, I get it your a fan and trying to deal with all this like the rest of us. But keep in mind you are just as guilty in the other direction. There can also be “over the top” in our attempt to try to dismiss his being a world class jerk.

For a guy who puts out the impression he’s got some ultimate Zen?… lets just say I don’t think he’s nearly as happy and relaxed as he tries hard to portray.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts